Sponsored

Lowering GT350R ...is it worth it? (Eibach, FP and BMR)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Past week yes. Raining non stop.
Rain is great weather. At least the water is in liquid form. Our weather probably won't get that good again until March or April.
Sponsored

OP
OP

hiiammarcin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I eventually went with FP springs. I overall like the the rate and I don’t think I’d want to go lower with 20s. If I was running 19s I’d choose Eibachs to kill that wheel gap but to each their own.
CFF71D12-9A57-4069-90E4-34E965FBF070.jpeg
DC96F342-9733-440F-9E63-FA054A749903.jpeg
0D31E6A5-0BDA-4BC3-8066-978C429FCB05.jpeg

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
That's great use of an R. :clap:
Define great use of an R. Cuz I've got various configurations of AK 47's and AR's but I only shoot paper targets with them. Am I misusing them?

Last edited:

Ltsrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350r Lightning Blue
Tim, You are correct, I stand corrected. I could not get a reply from my friend before I hit enter. His times were 2.5 seconds faster, sorry for my poor recollection. Either way, The mods made a great track car, even better according to my friend, and yes he's constantly working on his driving skills. He has driven my mostly stock R and drives it 2 seconds faster than I'm currently able to, and he's taking it easier than he would if it were his own car. He has offered to let me drive his R but at the time I wasn't ready to accept the responsibility, so I don't have a personal comparison.

I highly doubt this. Not saying he didn't shave 5 seconds but it was not because of the mods. Weather, Driver experience but 5 seconds? Maybe alignment helped. Host of reasons

Sponsored

Ltsrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350r Lightning Blue
On another thought, side note. I pushed the limit (stock springs/height) and have been able to successfully street and track MPS 4S 325's on all four corners. As I've mentioned, I want to duplicate my friends setup but am concerned (doubtful) if I can run the same tire size on the lower spring setup. I haven't bought the parts as of yet

I am going to try running a set (4) of MPS cup2's 325's. I hope that these won't have clearance problems (on my stock springs) , they look massive. Time will tell. View attachment 416743

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Tim, You are correct, I stand corrected. I could not get a reply from my friend before I hit enter. His times were 2.5 seconds faster, sorry for my poor recollection. Either way, The mods made a great track car, even better according to my friend, and yes he's constantly working on his driving skills. He has driven my mostly stock R and drives it 2 seconds faster than I'm currently able to, and he's taking it easier than he would if it were his own car. He has offered to let me drive his R but at the time I wasn't ready to accept the responsibility, so I don't have a personal comparison.
No problem. I have a lot of friends who say they are going to spend money on this or that and spend money to go faster. The problem every one of them are not testing the potential of the car. Spend money on consumables and track time, maybe some instruction first. not trying to be a Jerk, trying to save you some wasted spending

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Not sure if that's meant for me or OP.

I only care as I want to understand the real difference between the GT350 and R. IE is the performance difference really just the lighter wheels, front splitter, rear spoiler and Cup 2s or is there more? As stated have seen conflicting articles on spring rates so I would think a simple part number lookup would easily validate it.
There are a lot of differences. its a diff car from wheels and suspension to engine and tuning. I believe the specific engine differences were nullified for MY 19 & 20 though.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
There are a lot of differences. its a diff car from wheels and suspension to engine and tuning. I believe the specific engine differences were nullified for MY 19 & 20 though.
I also believe with the 19 updated the normal 350 got the R sway bars and wouldn't say exact but relatively close magnaride tuning. No doubt the CF wheels provide great difference in feel over the normal cast 350 wheels along with a little more downforce from its CF wing compared to the swing with gurney flap.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I also believe with the 19 updated the normal 350 got the R sway bars and wouldn't say exact but relatively close magnaride tuning. No doubt the CF wheels provide great difference in feel over the normal cast 350 wheels along with a little more downforce from its CF wing compared to the swing with gurney flap.
Yes 19's def closed some of the known gap. Although, it took a couple years and ton of debate to discover that the two models were considerably more different than folks first thought. So who knows what other differences are waiting to be discovered.

This conversation tends to start and end with folks defending why they did or did not buy the R instead of looking at facts.
Sponsored