Sponsored

Lowering GT350R ...is it worth it? (Eibach, FP and BMR)

Qua12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
Keep the car stock. All the springs on the market are made only for looks and nothing more. I have tried them all

I wouldn't touch the R suspension if you paid me. The car is 100% from the factory. You can't make it handle any better.

I have strongly disagree on your stupid comment. Eibach has been making springs for long time and I have driven a R with eibachs and they handle 10 times better than a stock R.
So next time please dont post stupid comments. I bet you don't even know how to change out your own springs.
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Lower the R..... Hell YEAH!..... FP Springs and I love it.

SV801 GT350R & GT500 (1 of 1).jpg
SV801 GT350R Brushed Triple Black Tinted (1 of 13).jpg
SV801 GT350R Brushed Triple Black Tinted (4 of 13).jpg
SV801 GT350R Brushed Triple Black Tinted (6 of 13).jpg
SV801 GT350R Brushed Triple Black Tinted (7 of 13).jpg
SV801 GT350R Brushed Triple Black Tinted (9 of 13).jpg
SV801 GT350R Brushed Triple Black Tinted 2 (1 of 6).jpg
SV801 GT350R Brushed Triple Black Tinted 2 (3 of 6).jpg
SV801 GT350R Brushed Triple Black Tinted 2 (5 of 6).jpg

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I have strongly disagree on your stupid comment. Eibach has been making springs for long time and I have driven a R with eibachs and they handle 10 times better than a stock R.
So next time please dont post stupid comments. I bet you don't even know how to change out your own springs.
You joined today just to make that comment? Interesting...

Ltsrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350r Lightning Blue
Lower the R..... Hell YEAH!..... FP Springs and I love it
Terrance, have you noticed an improvement at the track with the lowering springs? Have you also done the rear cradle lock-out mods?

One of the guys out here has done the FP lowering springs, lockouts, upgraded toe links on his "R" and says that the suspension mods shaved over 5 seconds off of his laptimes here at HPR. He went from a 2:02 to a 1:57 laptime

So Nizz, I hear what your saying but my friends experience is different, IDK

When finances allow, I plan to replicate the mods that my friend has done to his "R", he says that it makes the car "more perfect", much more.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
the guy said nothing about eibach's per se. and changing out your own springs has nothing to do with the argument (it's just a silly personal attack).

10x better huh? impressive :ontheloo:

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Terrance, have you noticed an improvement at the track with the lowering springs? Have you also done the rear cradle lock-out mods?

One of the guys out here has done the FP lowering springs, lockouts, upgraded toe links on his "R" and says that the suspension mods shaved over 5 seconds off of his laptimes here at HPR. He went from a 2:02 to a 1:57 laptime

So Nizz, I hear what your saying but my friends experience is different, IDK

When finances allow, I plan to replicate the mods that my friend has done to his "R", he says that it makes the car "more perfect", much more.
I highly doubt this. Not saying he didn't shave 5 seconds but it was not because of the mods. Weather, Driver experience but 5 seconds? Maybe alignment helped. Host of reasons

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Not sure if that's meant for me or OP.

I only care as I want to understand the real difference between the GT350 and R. IE is the performance difference really just the lighter wheels, front splitter, rear spoiler and Cup 2s or is there more? As stated have seen conflicting articles on spring rates so I would think a simple part number lookup would easily validate it.
There is more. Its documented here in several places

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Actually with eibach the R handles 20x better.

BTW, I have done over 50 suspension installs on the s550 platform. I can strongly say that I can change out the springs with my eyes closed.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Actually with eibach the R handles 20x better.

BTW, I have done over 50 suspension installs on the s550 platform. I can strongly say that I can change out the springs with my eyes closed.
50X

wallie40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
My 350R was the prototype that Eibach used. I don't care for the Eibachs on my car, but I like the way the car looks. I don't track my R, I use it for car shows and getting coffee on nice weather days.

I like Eibach as a company, they did nice work, took care of my car and I have zero issues with them. Matter of fact my Shelby GT500 will be going to them here shortly to be the prototype for those springs.

To each their own...

-Paul

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My 350R was the prototype that Eibach used. I don't care for the Eibachs on my car, but I like the way the car looks. I don't track my R, I use it for car shows and getting coffee on nice weather days.

I like Eibach as a company, they did nice work, took care of my car and I have zero issues with them. Matter of fact my Shelby GT500 will be going to them here shortly to be the prototype for those springs.

To each their own...

-Paul

Last time I spoke to Tanner at eibach he mentioned it was a regular 350 that was used. Did they release another set for the R model?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

To each their own...

-Paul
Are there bad weather days in San Diego? I don't think so.