Sponsored

Lowering car with BMR SP080 springs, anything else needed?

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Before I order, I want to ensure I don’t need anything else? I’ve read many threads, some say you need the camber kits and some say you don’t? Help :). Thanks all
Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Just get some camber bolts. They're like $30. That'll do the trick

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I would get Steeda lateral links and bumpsteer kit if it were me doing those springs. With that drop in front you will be changing the geometry quite a bit and you'll get bumpsteer, increased body roll and decrease steering response. These two parts in tandem will fix that and you will actually be able take some advantage of the lower center of gravity of the SP080 springs.

Just my $.02. A lot people might say that it isn't a necessary mod, but after doing it on my car (which has less of a drop than SP080) I consider it pretty much a necessity. Consider it just an added cost of lowering your car.

If you're only lowering the car for looks then I guess you don't need it.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Before I order, I want to ensure I don’t need anything else? I’ve read many threads, some say you need the camber kits and some say you don’t? Help :). Thanks all
I don't have anything else on mine besides the BMR cradle lockout and alignment bushings for the IRS and it handles great to me. You don't "need" that but I will tell you that your rear may be off after they take it apart and put it back together. In fact, it may already be that way. Mine is b/c the shop forgot to install the bushings I provided. Gotta go back for that. I'd recommend those and they're $50.00. Just remember that if you do the BMR lockout the bushings you need are different than if you do not. FYI

OP
OP
cobra199711

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Thanks gentlemen, I also emailed BMR and waiting for their reply. It’s just for looks, I’m not a road racer or anything. Thanks again
Sponsored