Sponsored

Lowered on FP Lowering Springs

FatRear08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hello everyone. I just installed FP lowering springs and FP adjustable strut mount plates to my 2017 GT350. I achieved the stance I was looking for but have a question if anyone has run into the same situation. I went for an alignment today and they couldn’t get any more positive camber than 1.7 degrees on the drivers side. Passenger side was 1.1 and didn’t need adjustment. The car was lowered 1/2 inch with the springs, so not earth shattering. We rectified this by installing a camber bolt on the drivers side and got it to spec. Anyone run into the same problem with these FP plates? And as far as the camber bolt, it was placed in the lower hole. Just want to make sure that is the right location and not the upper hole. Thanks...
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Do you really mean to say camber - or did you mean caster? These cars use negative camber and positive caster. Do you have an alignment printout you can post?

OP
OP

FatRear08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Do you really mean to say camber - or did you mean caster? These cars use negative camber and positive caster. Do you have an alignment printout you can post?
Yes the camber was at 1.7 and couldn’t get it to 1.1-1.2. I’m assuming I cant move in a positive direction and only go negative from there?

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
OK - you mean negative camber then and you can’t get it closer to 1.1 deg neg. I misunderstood your post.

Sponsored

OP
OP

FatRear08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
add more negative camber and get that car to the track!
I’ve been overthinking this...and after speaking with a buddy of mine that’s exactly what we’re going to do today. Take out the camber bolt, put back the OEM strut to spindle bolt, and run at least -1.7 on both fronts. Done. Here’s how she looks with the drop by the way...
792CB144-04BF-4647-8CAE-7F3236776841.png

Last edited:

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hello everyone. I just installed FP lowering springs and FP adjustable strut mount plates to my 2017 GT350. I achieved the stance I was looking for but have a question if anyone has run into the same situation. I went for an alignment today and they couldn’t get any more positive camber than 1.7 degrees on the drivers side. Passenger side was 1.1 and didn’t need adjustment. The car was lowered 1/2 inch with the springs, so not earth shattering. We rectified this by installing a camber bolt on the drivers side and got it to spec. Anyone run into the same problem with these FP plates? And as far as the camber bolt, it was placed in the lower hole. Just want to make sure that is the right location and not the upper hole. Thanks...
This problem doesn't actually make sense. If one side works, then both sides should work. Check and make sure that both of the camber plates are installed correctly. It sounds like one of them isn't.

OP
OP

FatRear08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This problem doesn't actually make sense. If one side works, then both sides should work. Check and make sure that both of the camber plates are installed correctly. It sounds like one of them isn't.
We re going to check them while we are in there today and make sure everything is good. I agree, I don’t want to hide or ignore a problem.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
not abnormal for left to right to be off by a bit. .6 seems on the high side but mine was off .3 when maxed out. not sure i've ever installed camber plates and had them exactly the same when maxed out....

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Camber plates and camber bolts? I’d think you should never need both. One or the other, correct?

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Camber plates and camber bolts? I’d think you should never need both. One or the other, correct?
depends on how much camber you want/need. with the oem plates, i think they max out at around -2.6 ish at stock height springs. I got -3.9 w/ bolts and plates, settled on -3.2 currently though. some aftermarket plates will maybe get you enough that you only need plates though.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So for the street, you don't need either? You can get (maybe) up to -2.6 stock? That's a-plenty for a street car. I thought bone stock there was no adjustment at all (could very likely be wrong on that).

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
not abnormal for left to right to be off by a bit. .6 seems on the high side but mine was off .3 when maxed out. not sure i've ever installed camber plates and had them exactly the same when maxed out....
I agree - my experience is the same as yours - if the k-member is a bit off-center you'll get a bias one way or the other. Thing is, 0.6 degrees suggests that the k-member is about 1/8" off center. I don't think there's that much slop in the mounting holes. That's why I guessed that it's an install problem, not a k-member problem. We'll find out once the alignment is redone.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
depends on how much camber you want/need. with the oem plates, i think they max out at around -2.6 ish at stock height springs. I got -3.9 w/ bolts and plates, settled on -3.2 currently though. some aftermarket plates will maybe get you enough that you only need plates though.
I have camber envy!

With FP camber plates I was able to get -2.4 camber in the front. When I added a camber bolt and FP lowering springs I maxed out at -2.9. I’ve been very happy with the results on track.
4AE20841-35A8-4978-A0FE-144BDD988358.jpeg
AF10BB26-54D0-490E-A080-6F76C89D4751.jpeg

OP
OP

FatRear08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So we got it on the alignment rack and could only get -1.7 on the fronts. We re assuming the plates were installed wrong and will disassemble.
Sponsored