Sponsored

Lowered Car; ABS and AdvanceTrac issues

pdehchavez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT | Black
Greetings,

I am hoping I can get some help and advice here. Just got new Vogtland Sport lowering springs installed this morning in my GT at my local shop and while i was driving, my ABS and Advanctrac lights came on. This also affects the steering wheel and the different driving modes.

I called the shop but they were closing so I have to return tomorrow morning.

Any knowledge as to why this happened? I can jack the car up and pull the wheels off to see what went wrong.

Pretty ticked off right now as the car is new.
Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
They might have simply forgot to reattach a rear ABS wire that was disconnected to drop the rear subframe for the spring install. I believe it attaches on the top of the hub just in from the brake rotor.

OP
OP
pdehchavez

pdehchavez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT | Black
They might have simply forgot to reattach a rear ABS wire that was disconnected to drop the rear subframe for the spring install. I believe it attaches on the top of the hub just in from the brake rotor.
Thanks, i will check that out in a moment. So the ABS wire is normally on the rear?

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
if they dropped your subframe for spring installs please keep in mind you MAY need to clock your bushings. additionally you MAY need to have your subframe re-aligned and of course a 4 wheel alignment after all of that

Sponsored

OP
OP
pdehchavez

pdehchavez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT | Black
if they dropped your subframe for spring installs please keep in mind you MAY need to clock your bushings. additionally you MAY need to have your subframe re-aligned and of course a 4 wheel alignment after all of that
thanks, dude. i'll keep that in mind. For now, i will check the clip they most probably missed. thanks all for the help.

Anyone else can confirm what else may have happened? thanks in advance.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Thanks, i will check that out in a moment. So the ABS wire is normally on the rear?
One on each wheel hub... haven't looked at this vehicle myself, but assuming it's like others. Should see something dangling somewhere if this is the problem.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There is one going to each hub but it is the rears that get disconnected (unbolted) from the hub so that the whole subframe assembly can be lowered to get the springs out.

OP
OP
pdehchavez

pdehchavez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT | Black
I was able to get one wheel off and the ABS line seems secure to the subframe and bracket. I was unable to do the other 3 wheels because it started to rain but i looked to see if they were secure, and it was fine. I tried driving around the city for a bit and still remains.

Any thoughts?

ThrillSeekr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Edition
On a different car that I had suspension work on, they stretched the ABS wire too much while doing the spring install. While it looked okay visually, internally they broke the wire and it had to be replaced. I had a blinking ABS light until I installed a new ABS wire.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pdehchavez

pdehchavez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT | Black
On a different car that I had suspension work on, they stretched the ABS wire too much while doing the spring install. While it looked okay visually, internally they broke the wire and it had to be replaced. I had a blinking ABS light until I installed a new ABS wire.
My abs light isn't blinking but is constantly on. This affects steering too which is annoying..

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The ONLY thing that changed was springs.

To install springs in the back, you have to unbolt I think a brake line if I remember right to free it up so you can pull down the IRS.
In the front, you basically just unmount some wires from the front strut and remove the brake caliper and most remove the rotor.

Real damn hard to screw up the back unless you never unbolted the line for slack...

Pretty easy to goof up the front if you let the brake caliper hang on the brake line instead of setting it down on the subframe or try to remove the strut and forget about removing the wires and screw up a wire.

My money is on the front. Ask them which side they started on. Probably that wheel.

BTW both ABS and Advance require the speed sensor. Probably what has been disconnected or damaged.

OP
OP
pdehchavez

pdehchavez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT | Black
The ONLY thing that changed was springs.

To install springs int he back, you have to unbolt, let's just say, brake-related parts to free up slack. In the front, you basically just disconnect some wires from the front strut and most will remove the brake caliper and rotor.

Real damn hard to screw up the back.

Pretty easy to goof up the front if you let the brake caliper hang on the brake line or try to remove the strut and forget about removing the wires and screw up a wire.

My money is on the front. Ask them which side they started on. Probably that wheel.
Thank You. I hope they just screwed up the re-connection. I wanted to check the front myself but didn't get the chance. Will take this up to them tomorrow morning.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
FYI I had springs and suspension installed and the shop left my caliper bolts lose and my axle nut off. It destroyed my abs sensor and tone ring. You need a scan tool to see what the issue is.

yellow05gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium
This is why i do all my work myself
Sponsored