Sponsored

Low Stock Tire Life?

SLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ford Mustang GT Premium
My 2015 GT Premium has 11,500 miles on it. Just got it serviced yesterday and the shop pointed out that my tires (Original Pirelli P Zero Nero) are down to 2/32" on 3 of the 4 tires. This seems way to early for the tires to need replacing. I haven't done any burnouts, have never tracked the car, just mostly driving to and from work with some weekend drives. Tirerack seems to say that these tires should last around 40k-50k. Anyone have a similar problem with the original tires wearing out early or have any recommendations regarding warranty/replacement? Thanks!
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
p zeros are trash, definately look elsewhere for a replacement. Can find plenty tires out there that will last much longer and grip better

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I have the EB PP which came with Pirelli summer only. I bought the car at the end of March 15. Immediately while it was still cold the traction was TERRIBLE! I thought it would get better when it got warm/hot outside. While it was better, it was still terrible. I didn't realize how baad until I replaced them with Conti DWS 06 ALL SEASONS! They had about 11k miles on them last November when I replaced them and they were wore out and with the colder temps were like riding on ice skates. The Conti all seasons were better even in the winter than the Pirelli summer only tires were in the middle of the hot summer.

OP
OP

SLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have the EB PP which came with Pirelli summer only. I bought the car at the end of March 15. Immediately while it was still cold the traction was TERRIBLE! I thought it would get better when it got warm/hot outside. While it was better, it was still terrible. I didn't realize how baad until I replaced them with Conti DWS 06 ALL SEASONS! They had about 11k miles on them last November when I replaced them and they were wore out and with the colder temps were like riding on ice skates. The Conti all seasons were better even in the winter than the Pirelli summer only tires were in the middle of the hot summer.
I've never experienced the true lack of grip (I live where it only ever gets down to 50 degrees or so) but did notice that they got significantly louder after just a few thousand miles. Still surprising to me that they have only lasted this long. I was kind of hoping there would be some warranty since they were so quick to wear out. I guess it's time to get some better tires...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My P-zero Neros lasted about 29,000 miles, with three autocrosses on them.

Most things you can buy are better than those lol

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
My summer p zeros only lasted 9k miles. Im on pilot super sports with about 6k on them now and they still look brand new. Almost anything you get will be better than stock.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, my OEM (PP) rears made it to close to 9K miles, but I pushed that a little, probably should've changed at 8K miles. My passenger rear was more worn (vs. the driver side) bu about 1-2/32nds.

No track time, I drive _pretty_ mild on the street, I think maybe they had a few "light ups" at the dealer, but that's another story :)

My new rears are factory sized Conti Extreme DWs:

32027334475_113ffab257_b.jpg
Sponsored