Low oil pressure warning 300 miles after oil change

JUH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 50th Anniversary Edition
I changed my oil about 300 miles ago, and now I'm getting a nonstop "Low Oil Pressure" Warning.

Have any other EB owners experienced this? I checked my dipstick and it was fine, and I don't think I have any leaks. My car has been jumping RPMs weirdly every now and then (like when I slow down it'll jump from 3k to 2k).

I thought it was a computer issue, but now I'm thinking it could also be my oil filter. I'm not sure.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I changed my oil about 300 miles ago, and now I'm getting a nonstop "Low Oil Pressure" Warning.

Have any other EB owners experienced this? I checked my dipstick and it was fine, and I don't think I have any leaks. My car has been jumping RPMs weirdly every now and then (like when I slow down it'll jump from 3k to 2k).

I thought it was a computer issue, but now I'm thinking it could also be my oil filter. I'm not sure.
Not running a Fram filter are you?

OP
OP
JUH

JUH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakob
Vehicle(s)
Not running a Fram filter are you?
It was a new brand that I don't usually get, but I don't think it was a FRAM.

I can check once I'm at my buddies garage since I can't really check for the exact brand at the moment.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
only use motorcraft filters ,you have a colapsed filter and are starving the car for oil ...

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Oil filters are designed to bypass when the pressure drop across the filter media goes above 12 psi such as the media collapsing. As a matter of fact the filter bypasses on every cold startup to ensure the engine is not starved for oil. Doubt the cause of the low oil pressure reading is a collapsed filter.

Motorcraft filters are a good choice but they are nothing special. They are just a rebranded Purolator filter.

FWIW, In the last year I have had two Motorcraft oil filters that leaked.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Oil filters are designed to bypass when the pressure drop across the filter media goes above 12 psi such as the media collapsing. As a matter of fact the filter bypasses on every cold startup to ensure the engine is not starved for oil. Doubt the cause of the low oil pressure reading is a collapsed filter.

Motorcraft filters are a good choice but they are nothing special. They are just a rebranded Purolator filter.

FWIW, In the last year I have had two Motorcraft oil filters that leaked.
Youre right, I completely forgot about that. I think its a false alarm personally, or OP is about to have an ejected rod.

OP
OP
JUH

JUH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakob
Vehicle(s)
Youre right, I completely forgot about that. I think its a false alarm personally, or OP is about to have an ejected rod.
What did you use for your oil? Should I get another oil change (maybe not do it myself this time)?

Do I need a new part? The Ford Dealership isn't taking people t'ill the Oct. 15th, and I need the car pretty badly.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
only use motorcraft filters ,you have a colapsed filter and are starving the car for oil ...

I don't know WIX seems to be an excellent choice .

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning

I would change whatever filter you used to a OEM motorcraft ASAP in case it might harm something. Spending another $30-$40 for peace of mind is a lot cheaper than a new motor. Do not drive the car in the meantime until you change the filters out.
Sponsored