Sponsored

Low mileage 2018 GT350R being sold by Ford dealer in CO for $78.6k... w/o CF rims

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Aside from the CF wheels missing this looks to be a very nice low mileage and extremely rare car!!

Notice the missing floor mats as they were not even included with these cars.:wink:

Not only is this 1 of 135 Base R models built between 2015 and 2018 but also I suggest that it may be either the 2nd last or 3rd last Base R model built before Ford permanently discontinued production of these rare Base cars.

The very last Base R namely "JR394" had a Blend Date of April 19th, 2018 with this car having a Blend Date of April 17th, 2018.

Of the 21 Base R's built for the final production year there were 19 cars built for the U.S. and 2 cars built for Canada.

There were 5 Shadow Black Base R's ordered for 2018 with 4 of these cars ordered with no stripes and all of them were sold in the U.S. including the very last Base R (JR394) which was also was ordered in Shadow Black with no OTT stripes.

The only other Shadow Black car of the 5 Base R's assembled was sent to Canada and had Blue OTT stripes.

Very cool car IMO and thanks for posting!! :like: :like:

3BD37CAF-0A09-4AFC-9157-22B7479C91FC.jpeg
Interesting. We positively know who has the Base R Chassis JR394. JR368 maybe the 2nd to last base R...until another appears out of nowhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
As a follow up to your post I called the selling dealership and they confirmed that the CF wheels were included in the purchase of this car from the original owner but somehow the original owner forgot to ship the CF wheels with the car to Groove Ford therefore the wheels are somewhere enroute to them and hopefully they will arrive sometime this week. :fingerscrossed:

Based on present AZ sales tax and without any negotiations my OTD price is $20,104 for a brand new set of CF wheels with the retail price being $25,495 OTD.

Obviously these CF wheels will be a big part of the purchase of JR368 and hopefully they are still in showroom condition!!
Agreed. I did the email inquiry route. Sounds like you got more intel than I did.

I have very recent intel of the market price for the rims stemming from my left front rim warranty denial and also denial of my warranty appeal claim related to chipping / flaking / peeling of the inner barrel ceramic coating - despite the dealership totally being in my corner on the issue with the inner barrel ceramic coating. Ford's "warranty rate" for a new front CF rim is $6,600. So to your point, retail price for set of GT350R OEM CF rims is probably around $24,000+, before sales tax.

Frank at Spyder Composites will be getting my rims later this summer... once I procure a set of after-market forged AL replacements (of course everything is on major back order). I just can't stomach buying another set of CF rims right now... not to mention I've spent some coin on my other 2018 Roush Supercharged Mustang this year. Hopefully these will continue to be available at somewhat reasonable "deals" on the market in the future. They are an integral piece of what makes the GT350R special.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If this is accurate, their "Retail" is a smidge high, but the whole damn Car Market is skewed at the moment for both new and used vehicles. So due to that fact alone, I'd expect their (or any Dealer's) current retail to be higher than what is seen in the attached image.

With some brokering, I'm sure a serious potential buyer may be able to knock a couple $k off their asking price and still walk away with a great Base R...

4A4D78F2-186D-4929-80DA-AFECB4AD3CDF.jpeg

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
If this is accurate, their "Retail" is a smidge high, but the whole damn Car Market is skewed at the moment for both new and used vehicles. So due to that fact alone, I'd expect their (or any Dealer's) current retail to be higher than what is seen in the attached image.

With some brokering, I'm sure a serious potential buyer may be able to knock a couple $k off their asking price and still walk away with a great Base R...

4A4D78F2-186D-4929-80DA-AFECB4AD3CDF.jpeg
I wouldn’t budge if I was them. You get a base GT350R with two two sets of rims and low miles. I think it’s priced right where it should be

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Agreed. I did the email inquiry route. Sounds like you got more intel than I did.

I have very recent intel of the market price for the rims stemming from my left front rim warranty denial and also denial of my warranty appeal claim related to chipping / flaking / peeling of the inner barrel ceramic coating - despite the dealership totally being in my corner on the issue with the inner barrel ceramic coating. Ford's "warranty rate" for a new front CF rim is $6,600. So to your point, retail price for set of GT350R OEM CF rims is probably around $24,000+, before sales tax.

Frank at Spyder Composites will be getting my rims later this summer... once I procure a set of after-market forged AL replacements (of course everything is on major back order). I just can't stomach buying another set of CF rims right now... not to mention I've spent some coin on my other 2018 Roush Supercharged Mustang this year. Hopefully these will continue to be available at somewhat reasonable "deals" on the market in the future. They are an integral piece of what makes the GT350R special.
AutoNation, $3,900 for the rear, $4,600 for the front. That's $17,000 for a new set of 4.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn’t budge if I was them. You get a base GT350R with two two sets of rims and low miles. I think it’s priced right where it should be
I 100% agree. If it indeed has the OEM CF rims, the car is right in line with market pricing for other low mileage and excellent condition Rs. And the future owner is getting $2,200 worth of extra set of time and tires.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
AutoNation, $3,900 for the rear, $4,600 for the front. That's $17,000 for a new set of 4.
Apparently my search skills have diminished. Can you share a link please?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
A good volume shop with a decent account with there local Ford Dealer can get them for less than that.

The car is priced right and won’t sit there for long.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
A good volume shop with a decent account with there local Ford Dealer can get them for less than that.

The car is priced right and won’t sit there for long.
Whitebear prices all parts at 10% over their cost. I've yet to find a dealer that charges less then that even with a good account with them. Not saying there isn't, but all wholesale accts I've dealt with are at best, 10% over cost.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I was quoted less then what you posted as a reference. I’ll leave it at that.

Whitebear prices all parts at 10% over their cost. I've yet to find a dealer that charges less then that even with a good account with them. Not saying there isn't, but all wholesale accts I've dealt with are at best, 10% over cost.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I 100% agree. If it indeed has the OEM CF rims, the car is right in line with market pricing for other low mileage and excellent condition Rs
cant compare this base R to other Rs on the market. Different animal

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
cant compare this base R to other Rs on the market. Different animal
Not following exactly... are you saying this 2018 Base R is priced high or low? I would disagree if you think it is low. Check out prices for low mileage and great / excellent condition Rs... nationwide. Mid-to-low 70s would very very reasonable. Many are going for north of $80k. I believe the price for this low mileage 2018 Base R is solid... if the OEM carbon fiber rims come with it.

The dealers have no new inventory and very little high-end Mustang inventory. The trends are similar for the GT500s.

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listings/ford/mustang/body-coupe/?trim=shelby-gt350r

You'll see some more options on Autotrader, essentially all with prices north of $80k and climbing.
Sponsored