Low dust brake pads for Brembo

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
I have ordered and received the z23 full set, ordered and should see the z26 full set within the next few days. Now to decide which I’ll be using 😁
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The way I read it was looking at the packaging: the Z23 is more for street, Z26 is an aggressive track pad.
powerstop packaging.jpg
The Z26 is NOT an aggressive track pad, whatsoever. It's a street pad that has a different backer plate material. Powerstop has a track pad that fits the Brembo GTs, but it is NOT the Z26.

I have ordered and received the z23 full set, ordered and should see the z26 full set within the next few days. Now to decide which I’ll be using 😁
They're the exact same pad compound. The only difference is that the Z26 has metal shims that help dissipate heat. Dusting will be the same between them, but the Z26 will take more heat before it starts to fade, though if you're driving aggressively, you can also take steps to resolve that by using a higher temp brake fluid and the vanes that @GTP sells.

I've been running the Z23s on my GT/PP for five years, and they're great. With the stock rotors from the Performance Pack, I get slightly less initial bite, comparable overall bite, and since they bite a little easier, you get better pedal travel, which means better heel/toe (I also installed spacers behind my accelerator to get the pedals to be more level with each other). They've also worn extremely well. I'm at ~35k miles, and I still have plenty of pad left, and I'm a late/aggressive braker, even on the street.

I installed them with drilled/slotted Powerstop rotors on my wife's C300 AMG Sport, and they're worlds better than the stock Mercedes pads/rotors.

JR

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
So glad I bumped into this thread. I've only had my 18' GT PP1 since fall with limited driving due to the winter here in PA...but I noticed the crazy amount of dust on the stock pads. I'll be ordering a set.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Has anyone had both the Z23 and Z26 to compare? pros and cons of each?

Your guys are just leaving the stock rears on?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
pp1 rear pads are Ferodo as well. But all the air swirling helps the dust to not land on the wheel as much but dust they very much do.

But since the amount is considerably less and its vastly easier to get a brush in there it's hella easier to keep clean unlike the fronts.

Last edited:

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
The Z26 is NOT an aggressive track pad, whatsoever. It's a street pad that has a different backer plate material. Powerstop has a track pad that fits the Brembo GTs, but it is NOT the Z26.

They're the exact same pad compound. The only difference is that the Z26 has metal shims that help dissipate heat. Dusting will be the same between them, but the Z26 will take more heat before it starts to fade, though if you're driving aggressively, you can also take steps to resolve that by using a higher temp brake fluid and the vanes that @GTP sells.

I've been running the Z23s on my GT/PP for five years, and they're great. With the stock rotors from the Performance Pack, I get slightly less initial bite, comparable overall bite, and since they bite a little easier, you get better pedal travel, which means better heel/toe (I also installed spacers behind my accelerator to get the pedals to be more level with each other). They've also worn extremely well. I'm at ~35k miles, and I still have plenty of pad left, and I'm a late/aggressive braker, even on the street.

I installed them with drilled/slotted Powerstop rotors on my wife's C300 AMG Sport, and they're worlds better than the stock Mercedes pads/rotors.

JR
Thank you.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
For anyone who has changed to these pads… did you change the rear pads as well or leave the stock ones?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
For anyone who has changed to these pads… did you change the rear pads as well or leave the stock ones?
I have not, but considering Shogun32 post #36 I am considering it. And use the PP1 pads for track day.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
No brembos, but I changed out front and rear pads.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that winter is over and im driving the car again i have been reminded of the dust issue. 😒
I still can not decide between the z23 or z26?

The car is just a street car me and the wife share so im leaning towards the z23's unless someone has a reason to use the z26s?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Now that winter is over and im driving the car again i have been reminded of the dust issue. 😒
I still can not decide between the z23 or z26?

The car is just a street car me and the wife share so im leaning towards the z23's unless someone has a reason to use the z26s?
Well this is the third page of posts, so it seems you have all the advice you need.

I chose Z23 for daily and since continuous heat is not an issue, and because the rubberized shims need no brake grease to keep things quiet. A few bucks cheaper.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this is the third page of posts, so it seems you have all the advice you need.

I chose Z23 for daily and since continuous heat is not an issue, and because the rubberized shims need no brake grease to keep things quiet. A few bucks cheaper.
Did you ever decide if you were going to do the rears?

Are the rears just as easy to swap as the front?

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rears are just two bolts, slide caliper off replace pads and reverse?
Sponsored