Sponsored

Love the reliability of the v6!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing really stood out to me at all. Got an update today though, apparently "there are cracks in the top of both A-Pillars." Hopefully that is something simple to repair with a reseal like what happened in Tutone's case...
Sponsored

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
This new leak is in a different spot than the other one, and I'm thinking it might have to do with the rubber molding that funnels water out along the top of the window/A pillar... wondering if there may be a tear or something. Way less volume, just a small dribble of water so hoping it's just a seal issue somewhere.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Please keep us updated. I noticed some wetness in that area on my car too. I park on level ground and it hasn't been driven for a month. Mine looked like moisture trapped by the door seals. I wonder if a drain could be plugged?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Please keep us updated. I noticed some wetness in that area on my car too. I park on level ground and it hasn't been driven for a month. Mine looked like moisture trapped by the door seals. I wonder if a drain could be plugged?
Did mean to come back in here for mine. They said it was the seal that dried and cracked. Removed windshield, ground it off, resealed and no issues so far.

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
Ok, so looking again at your photos my leak is pretty much in the same spot. Car is at the dealership, they just tried resealing the windscreen, still leaking, now they apparently need permission from Ford to take the windscreen off and pull all the mouldings. Giving me a rental until it’s fixed so that’s good.
I offered to instead drive one of their 2019 GT,s in lieu of the rental, (have a nice Premium package optioned on the lot)...but they seemed less enthusiastic with that idea...

Sponsored

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
So got my car back yesterday. Body seam had a thin crack up in the right corner near the windshield that was resealed by a body shop. Fingers crossed that's the end of water leaks. Dealership gave me a Ford Focus for a courtesy car while fixing it, auto transmission, no turbo. Ultimate meh.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So got my car back yesterday. Body seam had a thin crack up in the right corner near the windshield that was resealed by a body shop. Fingers crossed that's the end of water leaks. Dealership gave me a Ford Focus for a courtesy car while fixing it, auto transmission, no turbo. Ultimate meh.
They had it this whole time? :0 I thought mine was bad being gone as long as it was! I haven't had any more issues with mine.

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
Was in and out of the dealership twice. They tried to say it was the windshield replacement so had it checked by Speedy Autoglass. They removed and re-installed, no issues with the seal. I think Ford Canada was dragging their heels on approving all the warranty work needed to identify and locate the problem.

That being said, despite the 2 water leaks this is the most fun car I've ever owned. Getting back to the thread title here, absolutely no issues with the engine and drive-ability of the car. It is just as fun to drive now as when I got it a couple years ago.
If for some reason I needed to replace my current vehicle, I would have found another V6 Mustang or maybe even a V8. There are used ones coming up on Autotrader and Craigslist with pretty decent prices...

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I've only 10.5k mi. on her, but I pulled a small trailer 1000 mi. to Colorado, drove a couple hundred miles around the mountains including high elevations, drove back at 80+ mph with trailer, didn't burn any oil, averaged 22 mpg, and the engine never so much as hiccuped. And I love the sound of the motor with the Roush axle backs.
IMG_1612.jpg

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I've only 10.5k mi. on her, but I pulled a small trailer 1000 mi. to Colorado, drove a couple hundred miles around the mountains including high elevations, drove back at 80+ mph with trailer, didn't burn any oil, averaged 22 mpg, and the engine never so much as hiccuped. And I love the sound of the motor with the Roush axle backs.
IMG_1612.jpg
sweet baby jesus, colorado and the mountains... i cant even imagine how bad of a time i would have, I have yet to touch ice in both the 14 i had or my current 17. It was scary in my 03 back in the day. Did you hit any ice or snow?

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The roads were free of snow and ice, thank goodness. I did hit a violent wind/rain storm at night in the middle of nowhere on I76, and was bombarded by tumbleweeds while pulling the trailer, which I think actually helped stabilize the car. That was slightly unnerving.
IMG_1687.jpg
Sponsored