cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
It’s really nice knowing how durable my Duratec v6 is.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cyclonetron

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see the point of this topic aside from baiting/trolling. We don't need this on our side of the forum.
I renamed the thread title. Didn't mean to make it about baiting/trolling. The point of the post was to give praise to the v6 engine as a durable and reliable platform.

Last edited:

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I don't see the point of this topic aside from baiting/trolling. We don't need this on our side of the forum.
Fuse lol. We need more activity on this side forum again too. Facebook groups took all the potential casual regulars and the car guys either moved on to other models or GTs since the v6 isn't made anymore.

OP
OP
cyclonetron

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Fuse lol. We need more activity on this side forum again too. Facebook groups took all the potential casual regulars and the car guys either moved on to other models or GTs since the v6 isn't made anymore.
To back up Fuse, I did have a thread title that could have come across as trollish but totally wasn't my intention. I think Fuse, your intention was sound to try and keep any negativity outside from this forum.

I agree USMCtoARMY, we do need some more action in this thread. I'm trying to be a little more active around here. In posting this thread I was just wanting to convey my honest gratitude that we as v6 owners have a tried and true engine with not a lot of the issues that are plaguing the newer models.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I do both :D

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I definitely see the same people posting here so yeah we could use more activity. I never found the appeal of FB and such so I didn't know that is where all the peeps when to. But I definitely find the cyclone to be a pretty stout engine.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I post in both and know most of you do too. So yeah...I know your real names, lol. Thing about the Facebook group is there is a ton of no knowledge folks and people who honestly just shouldn't own a mustang! But hey it's a free market economy...for now, j/k.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
And yes, great engine. It's why I have owned three.

Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It’s really nice knowing how durable my Duratec v6 is.
It’s a great engine period. I think it was the first V6 ever made that got 30+mpg.

I hammer mine everyday. It sits in traffic or it gets a heavy foot.... and it just keeps going on. The S550 V6 mustang is an absolute gem that got no recognition, love or understanding outside those of us that know.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
For you guys who are members of other groups, can you guys find out if there are NJ v6 owners who have procharged thier cars and have gone through inspection? Obviously this would be the 2011 S197s. I'm curious to see if they would pass inspection in my state.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
The NA 3.7 Ford had too much going for it for its own good in the Mustang. Its found in pickups that are going to be beat on,British Morgans , Ginetta G60 , Radical RXC V6 along with industrial applications such as tow equipment for aircraft. It picked up where the VQ left off with performance as a next generation V6. Jeep has the probability of being the last with a longitudinal NA V6 in the future, so be it. The 3.7 will always be highly regarded by engine intellectuals outside of that not too much.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This is the most reliable car I have ever known. The damn thing even started without a hiccup in -23 degree temperatures! Whenever anyone one thinks they have a problem with the engine my thought is: “How did that happen?”

Last one was the guy who found metal bits in the oil change and I said “How did that happen?” And sure enough he had it analyzed and it was all to do about nothing. That is high praise indeed!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well, mine just hit 30,000 miles (bought with 25k) so I will have to reserve judgement on reliability for awhile. These posts are raising my expectations to very high levels, though.
Sponsored