DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
The s550 is a great platform. First car I've owned for more than 4 years. Usually I get bored and move on but if the mustang begins to get even remotely boring, I just start a new round of mods. The fun and happiness never ends. Enjoy that sexy beast!
That’s so great and I love the idea of just finding a new cool mod if/when you feel bored! That says a lot about these cars if folks like you (that normally swap cars every few years) are holding on to them and finding new ways to enjoy them as needed. I’m the type that keeps things until they literally fall apart so she’ll be with me for the long haul haha 😂

But yes, enjoy your sexy beast as well and keep the fun mods comin’! 💙
Sponsored

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Congrats on the car and the personalization you've done so far. That's got to be the best (and best written) review I've ever seen.
As someone with zero artistic talent, I really envy your artistic skills. I love the "looks like a horse, howls like a coyote" piece. You should copyright that phrase (if it hasn't already been done) and market the artwork.

Happy motoring, and please continue to keep us updated as your adventure progresses.
Awww you flatter me, sir! I’m glad you enjoyed the read and I was finally able to sit down and get it out there. I love having these forums as a space to totally geek out and gush about my undying love for this car. Only you guys would get it and I’m so glad I found this place and its awesome members — like you! 💙

I honestly have so many fun “merch” ideas I’ve come up with the last few weeks (that I somehow have not are done yet??), so I’ll definitely share with you all and I appreciate the compliments on my artwork. I have a BFA in animation so both writing and drawing are passions of mine. It’s nice to find a way to combine my hobbies and passions together now LOL

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I’m happy your car is rocking and rolling so nicely. I have over 40k miles racked up on my 2020 (Most are autobahn miles so the car frequented 160kmh a lot). With that said, the car still rides like new. I think Ford really knocked it out of the park with this one. I will say that some plastic rattles in the back (10 inch aftermarket subwoofer in the back). But otherwise, the car rides great, paired with the active exhaust and headers, it’s a freaking godsend when I wanna let it rip.
Woooow that’s super impressive!! I can’t believe it still rides like new and man, driving the Autobahn is a total goal right there. What a blast that must be to let loose on for sure! I can’t wait to just get my girl to a track and let her stretch her legs the way Ford intended 😂

And I think you’re right — I’m so glad I pulled the trigger on the S550 when I did and decided this would be the first car I ever factory-ordered. Never thought I’d do something as crazy as this but it oddly taught me to trust myself to know and do what makes me most happy? There were a lot of little psychological “side perks” to buying this car I was not at all expecting but have come to embrace lol

I hope you’re able to continue enjoying your car for many years to come! 💙

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Love the wheel choice…did you order it?
Yep! They were actually an upgrade option when I ordered the car as I’m not a fan of black wheels/rims.

They’re the 19" X 9" (F) 19" X 9.5" (R) Luster Nickel-Painted Forged Aluminum Wheels shown here and I believe the only other available option for the PP1 package:

A2A52F86-99D3-46AA-9522-54C101CF9546.jpeg

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Be prepared, it's most likely gonna happen 😐. Good news is I had two GTs that both had it and had no problems over 50k+ miles of beating them!

she’s still new so I don’t want to jinx it. But I am overdue for that 2k first oil change that I’m still debating getting, as I’m nervous that weird “typewriter tick” issue will start once I do? I’ve been reading about that and know for a fact that it would drive me NUTS if it happens... 😬

Sponsored

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Be prepared, it's most likely gonna happen 😐. Good news is I had two GTs that both had it and had no problems over 50k+ miles of beating them!
Ugh man I’m mentally preparing myself and my fingers are crossed that the oil additive that was mentioned a few posts up will prevent it!

Have you tried that yet and it just didn’t help? That’s such a weird issue but good to know it doesn’t seem to effect the performance of the cars, at least... 🤦‍♀️

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
It means a lot that folks took the time to read all this! I know I can be super wordy so I’m happy it was enjoyable. 💙

You’re the second person I’ve seen recommend the Michelin Pilot AS4’s so I will absolutely be adding them to my list and saving up next year. Discount tire has been my go-to as well so that’s great! After that slip the other day I’m convinced this will be a game changer for sure in my driving experience with her. I’m just hoping those tires will handle light track driving as well for my HPDE courses I hope to take.

And out of curiosity, what do I do with the old tires…? Do people normally keep them? They’ll probably have less than 10k miles so I’ve wondered if I’d ever bother to swap them out or if people normally just have them disposed of?

And thank you for the oil additive recommendation as well! I’ve been so scared to potentially add an obnoxious cabin sound so I’ll definitely have to pick up a bottle. 👍
I am thoroughly impressed with the Pilot AS4 tires. I took my car out yesterday and the temp was in the middle teens. Roads were dry but I did not have any issues whatoever. I pulled out onto a 4 lane hwy as I normally do and once got the nose straight, I punched it and ran thru 1st and 2nd gear. The tires simply grabbed and went (in 15 degree weather), I was floored. I have driven in heavy rain a couple times too and been very impressed. As for the old tires (I did mine at 4k miles), I simply advertised on my local FB group and found a gentleman that wanted them. He met me at my Diiscount tire and took them home with him. I honestly don't have room to store them so I would have let Discount Tire keep them if he didn't want them. I think you will be served well with them and the Ceratec as well. I get mine from Amazon, a little pricey but it does a great job.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Well. I thought I liked my cars a lot. Not that much.....lol. Glad to read posts by a very happy owner.

Oh, yeah, summer tires turn into oil-soaked, rock hard spindles when it gets into the 50s. You may well have to get a set of winter wheels and tires.

Enjoy the new ride!

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Ugh man I’m mentally preparing myself and my fingers are crossed that the oil additive that was mentioned a few posts up will prevent it!

Have you tried that yet and it just didn’t help? That’s such a weird issue but good to know it doesn’t seem to effect the performance of the cars, at least... 🤦‍♀️
Ceratec took away the noise for me completely, one bottle an oil change. Sucks that you gotta spend an extra 20-30 bucks but it was making me crazy so I had no choice lol

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Well. I thought I liked my cars a lot. Not that much.....lol. Glad to read posts by a very happy owner.

Oh, yeah, summer tires turn into oil-soaked, rock hard spindles when it gets into the 50s. You may well have to get a set of winter wheels and tires.

Enjoy the new ride!
lol even my very few “car guy” friends have been a bit overwhelmed by me and my love for this car since she arrived! 🤣🤣 I really need to get my butt over to a Cars and Coffee next month so I can dump my excitement all over them and have another outlet haha

And that’s exactly what my tires felt like at temps in the 30’s/40’s. Definitely prioritizing that next and just lucky it doesn’t stay cold down here for long!

Sponsored
OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I am thoroughly impressed with the Pilot AS4 tires. I took my car out yesterday and the temp was in the middle teens. Roads were dry but I did not have any issues whatoever. I pulled out onto a 4 lane hwy as I normally do and once got the nose straight, I punched it and ran thru 1st and 2nd gear. The tires simply grabbed and went (in 15 degree weather), I was floored. I have driven in heavy rain a couple times too and been very impressed. As for the old tires (I did mine at 4k miles), I simply advertised on my local FB group and found a gentleman that wanted them. He met me at my Diiscount tire and took them home with him. I honestly don't have room to store them so I would have let Discount Tire keep them if he didn't want them. I think you will be served well with them and the Ceratec as well. I get mine from Amazon, a little pricey but it does a great job.
Awesome, thank you for the tips and info! I’m adding them all to my notes for next year and will just need to drive carefully when it’s super cold out (which thankfully isn’t often in southern Georgia).

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Never to be so rude as to ask a lady's age, but let's say it's a good bet you weren't here yet when this was released in 1963.

Says it all. Good to know girls like you are still out there!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks Mags! 💙 I’ll definitely be sharing more of the final artwork since it’s been well-received and I know you all would appreciate it more than most of my online social circles lol.

And if I end up having anything made (keychains or stickers of something) I’ll probably offer them here if I have any extras to share. Spread the S550 love and all haha!
I’m always game for a keychain or something if you end up making anything!

jamus34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach 1 (on order)
Great writeup!!!

I *should* be taking ownership of my '23 FJG M1 sometime next month. Not ideal timing but I work with what I got.

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Never to be so rude as to ask a lady's age, but let's say it's a good bet you weren't here yet when this was released in 1963.

Says it all. Good to know girls like you are still out there!
Haha yes, that’s a bit before my time (I’m an 80’s baby) but I have no doubt I heard this song a few times in my dad’s Thunderbird growing up 😎

I don’t know how this car will impact my future dating prospects for better or worse, but I have a feeling I’ll need to make sure fellas are more interested in ME and not HER lol 🤣
Sponsored