Sponsored

Loudness MBRP Street vs Roush AB

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Trading my current 16 automatic with Roush AB in for a 17 manual.
I am thinking about getting the MBRP street but I don't know how loud it is compare to the Roush AB.
I think the Roush AB is as loud as I would go.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Trading my current 16 automatic with Roush AB in for a 17 manual.
I am thinking about getting the MBRP street but I don't know how loud it is compare to the Roush AB.
I think the Roush AB is as loud as I would go.
The Roush isn't bad at idle, it's actually very quiet and I can cruise into my driveway without people in the house hearing me if I take it easy. It will get loud if you get on the gas, but it's not super loud. I'm actually adding an X-pipe this week because I want LOUD. OK, well not Nascar loud, but I want people to hear it a few blocks away. :D The Roush is the best of both worlds, you can make it loud, or fairly quiet depending on how you drive it.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I can't speak for the MBRP street but the Roushes were specifically designed to be used with the stock resonator. They will scream loudly at WOT, but they have no drone whatsoever while cruising and are relatively tame at idle with just a gentle rumble. Perfect for a DD because the volume is totally controllable, and they'll only go nuts with that signature Roush scream when you decide to floor it. One of the more livable exhausts that can still be loud when you want it.

An X-pipe will level-up your exhaust though, like to NASCAR loud. Just +10 every volume level your Roushes make and expect them to be hilariously loud on cold starts, loud and rumbly at idle, loud (but not droney) while cruising, loud with normal acceleration, and overbearingly, painfully loud at full throttle (especially with the windows down.) If you want tame and refined don't get an X-pipe.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The roush use the stock resonator and are still pretty decent tone

Mbrp will delete resonator and sound good. But not too crazy

We have the roush available and ridiculous pricing on the mbrp. One of their top mustang dealers. Pm me for pricing

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have the MBRP Street and decided it the best one I've had over the Gibson and Borla Touring. All cat back btw.

Sponsored

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
I went to Beefcake for the MBRP street. 0 regrets about the exhaust, and awesome service. I think I ordered it on a Thursday night, and it was at my door Monday.

As for the sound, :thumbsup:.
I came from a 2011 with the Roush axle-back, and I'm happy with the MBRP street. Startup is noticeable, but not loud. Stop and go can be as quiet or loud as you want it, similar to my old Roush. WOT is loud and a little raspy. Drone is minimal to nonexistent; at 65 you can hear the exhaust but it's not resonating through the body. Great new school coyote sound.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I went to Beefcake for the MBRP street. 0 regrets about the exhaust, and awesome service. I think I ordered it on a Thursday night, and it was at my door Monday.

As for the sound, :thumbsup:.
I came from a 2011 with the Roush axle-back, and I'm happy with the MBRP street. Startup is noticeable, but not loud. Stop and go can be as quiet or loud as you want it, similar to my old Roush. WOT is loud and a little raspy. Drone is minimal to nonexistent; at 65 you can hear the exhaust but it's not resonating through the body. Great new school coyote sound.
I would only add that a little raspy might be an understatement but then that's very subjective. I own one.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I have the MBRP Street exhaust as well. You can definitely here it at cold start but it quiets down quickly. You will have very little drone next to nothing while cruising on the highway. WOT is a little raspy but not overbearing.

On I side note, I may switch mufflers or add a resonator when I add headers. Don't want to piss off my neighbors.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have the MBRP Street exhaust as well. You can definitely here it at cold start but it quiets down quickly. You will have very little drone next to nothing while cruising on the highway. WOT is a little raspy but not overbearing.

On I side note, I may switch mufflers or add a resonator when I add headers. Don't want to piss off my neighbors.
That would be a good idea headers make it a lot louder especially under heavy throttle and higher rpms

Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
That would be a good idea headers make it a lot louder especially under heavy throttle and higher rpms

That was my thought process. Right now the exhaust is not overbearing, but I know headers will certainly amplify it.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
All of these exhaust choices are killing me. I currently have the Lethal H-pipe resonator delete. It sounds great for what it is, basically amplifying the stock sound. However, I'm looking for a little bit more. Not sure which way to go.

I was recently talking to a local forum member about buying his Borla S-Type catback. The problem is that he has an EcoBoost. I would basically be using it as an axleback, just incorporating the mufflers. The clips I've heard of this combo (H-pipe + Borla S-Type AB) sound great! Has a deep muscle car rumble. Not too raspy.

Unfortunately, I found out that even as an axleback system, it wouldn't work. The EB uses 2.25" piping while the GT uses 2.5". Oh well.

My buddy/mechanic has the MBRP Street on his car and it sounds great but too loud for me. Then again, he has the cats deleted so I think that's a big part of the loudness.

Not sure what to do at this point. I don't want to go crazy and since I already have the Lethal H-pipe, I'm thinking just some axleback system might be the way to go. Maybe I will just go Borla afterall.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
cat deletes def make it louder