Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
(Long post, sorry in advance)

So I recently installed a bunch Steeda parts. Big THANKS to @Bull Run for giving me half of his Saturday to help install the starter stop the hop kit. He was awesome and it was a lot of fun meeting him. I could not have done the work without him, also his car is a beast!! We tried to install the extreme G-Trac brace however it looks like they do not fit the 18 Ecoboost with the A10 trans. Apparently it hangs lower than the GT. For now I have no solution to increase front end rigidity, however I might reach out to BMR to see if theirs clears since I need to return the Steeda brace. In full transparency Steeda Said that they can get me spacers however I do not want to sacrifice any ground clearance so I have elected to return the item.

The stop the hop kit went in without a hitch. The two piece bushing inserts were definitely a pain in the ass, but we got them in. About 2 weeks later I had a shop install Steeda camber plates and magneride dual rate lowering springs. I had no desire to try to install springs. Thankfully found an awesome shop in Surprise called AZ Mustang Performance. Prices were amazing and the work was top notch. While I would love to say had a hand in every install, I am happy that I am at least trying to install some of the parts, I'll take the assist from a shop on the bigger pain in the ass items. I still am working on an alignment, should be getting one next weekend.

I don't have a lot of miles on the car since I still need the alignment, however I probably put about 300 to 400 miles on since installing all of these items. I'm not terribly worried about the tires as I am going to be replacing them soon anyways. I will say that even though my Pirelli's are at the end of their life, after installing all of these items, they feel gripper again. I know that is not the case, but its amazing how all the mods can make much better use of the tires, even these ones, compared to the stock set up. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive now. Every turn feels tight and precise. The rear end doesn't wonder anymore and feels much more planted. Power gets to the ground better especially throughout the turn. I am not sensing any wheel hop at all, winter will be the real test though, had it worse in the colder temps so we will see.

Once the springs were added the car changed further, much more rigid. I do not mind a stiffer set up however I still want some comfort, enter the magneride. I would not recommend these springs on a non magneride car IF you have any intent to also DD this car. However, on a magneride setup they are an absolute joy!! There is a little sacrifice in normal mode as it gets a little stiffer, but the dampers really do a good job of soaking up bumps to make up for the springs. Sport+ really comes alive now. The car feels much more planted and ready to attack corners in sport+. To me it feels like it is supposed too, before it wasn't always obvious that the magneride stiffened up a lot due to the soft stock pp springs, now when selected, it really comes alive. The springs really compliment the dampers on the more aggressive settings in the different modes. This car feels flat, and I mean flat when trying to corner just somewhat aggressively. I didn't buy the springs for the drop, I wanted them for the performance gain, but there is a noticeable drop on both the front and the rear of the car albeit a small one, but still it is noticeable.

I am very happy with all of the mods on the car now. She drives amazing and I can not wait to get a proper alignment on the car to really get to know the new set up. Steeda has been amazing to work with and really knows this platform. I knew from the get-go I was going to be leaning more toward Steeda and I am glad I did. Top quality parts that installed without a hiccup, I will be purchasing more in the future. I am not done on my journey to dial in the suspension but this is a good first step. I don't know why Ford doesn't do even some of this from the factory. A few simple mods and the car really just comes alive. I am sure that I didn't put everything here but please if you have questions please let me know. BTW next mod will be tires but since LMR is having a kick ass sale this weekend I picked up a set of SVE Drifts for $477, you just cant beat that. I'll get pics up later this year when I get the wheels and tires installed.
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
(Long post, sorry in advance)

So I recently installed a bunch Steeda parts. Big THANKS to @Bull Run for giving me half of his Saturday to help install the starter stop the hop kit. He was awesome and it was a lot of fun meeting him. I could not have done the work without him, also his car is a beast!! We tried to install the extreme G-Trac brace however it looks like they do not fit the 18 Ecoboost with the A10 trans. Apparently it hangs lower than the GT. For now I have no solution to increase front end rigidity, however I might reach out to BMR to see if theirs clears since I need to return the Steeda brace. In full transparency Steeda Said that they can get me spacers however I do not want to sacrifice any ground clearance so I have elected to return the item.

The stop the hop kit went in without a hitch. The two piece bushing inserts were definitely a pain in the ass, but we got them in. About 2 weeks later I had a shop install Steeda camber plates and magneride dual rate lowering springs. I had no desire to try to install springs. Thankfully found an awesome shop in Surprise called AZ Mustang Performance. Prices were amazing and the work was top notch. While I would love to say had a hand in every install, I am happy that I am at least trying to install some of the parts, I'll take the assist from a shop on the bigger pain in the ass items. I still am working on an alignment, should be getting one next weekend.

I don't have a lot of miles on the car since I still need the alignment, however I probably put about 300 to 400 miles on since installing all of these items. I'm not terribly worried about the tires as I am going to be replacing them soon anyways. I will say that even though my Pirelli's are at the end of their life, after installing all of these items, they feel gripper again. I know that is not the case, but its amazing how all the mods can make much better use of the tires, even these ones, compared to the stock set up. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive now. Every turn feels tight and precise. The rear end doesn't wonder anymore and feels much more planted. Power gets to the ground better especially throughout the turn. I am not sensing any wheel hop at all, winter will be the real test though, had it worse in the colder temps so we will see.

Once the springs were added the car changed further, much more rigid. I do not mind a stiffer set up however I still want some comfort, enter the magneride. I would not recommend these springs on a non magneride car IF you have any intent to also DD this car. However, on a magneride setup they are an absolute joy!! There is a little sacrifice in normal mode as it gets a little stiffer, but the dampers really do a good job of soaking up bumps to make up for the springs. Sport+ really comes alive now. The car feels much more planted and ready to attack corners in sport+. To me it feels like it is supposed too, before it wasn't always obvious that the magneride stiffened up a lot due to the soft stock pp springs, now when selected, it really comes alive. The springs really compliment the dampers on the more aggressive settings in the different modes. This car feels flat, and I mean flat when trying to corner just somewhat aggressively. I didn't buy the springs for the drop, I wanted them for the performance gain, but there is a noticeable drop on both the front and the rear of the car albeit a small one, but still it is noticeable.

I am very happy with all of the mods on the car now. She drives amazing and I can not wait to get a proper alignment on the car to really get to know the new set up. Steeda has been amazing to work with and really knows this platform. I knew from the get-go I was going to be leaning more toward Steeda and I am glad I did. Top quality parts that installed without a hiccup, I will be purchasing more in the future. I am not done on my journey to dial in the suspension but this is a good first step. I don't know why Ford doesn't do even some of this from the factory. A few simple mods and the car really just comes alive. I am sure that I didn't put everything here but please if you have questions please let me know. BTW next mod will be tires but since LMR is having a kick ass sale this weekend I picked up a set of SVE Drifts for $477, you just cant beat that. I'll get pics up later this year when I get the wheels and tires installed.
Thank you for your Feed back! If you need further technical assistance or info on Steeda Products please reach out!

All the best,

Team Steeda!!

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Update: got my alignment done. Just on the 20 mile drive home I could tell the difference. Turn in feels much more immidiate and precise. Flat as a pancake on the roundabout near the house. Steering response feels improved. I never knew how much a good alignment can really harmonize all of the parts and really wake the cars handling up. Can't wait for September to start autocrossing again. Thank you @SteedaTech for the alignment recommendation
Sponsored