Vehicle Showcase

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
same marketing team genius that decided coolers weren't needed? naw.....

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Mannnn not to start a war, but the 2016's did have a TRACK PACKAGE option... if that wasn't a blatantly obvious tell that it was the option you want to track the car, I don't know what else was. It also says directly in the supplements and manuals that coolers are highly recommended for track use. In the initial breakdown of the "5 types of GT350's you can order" including the 350R base and 920A option, they listed the Track Pack 350 as the track version of the normal 350. IMO as long as they come out with a solution that owners can buy from their local Ford Performance dealers, I see no fouls. It is kind of common sense if you are into motorsports that if you dont have coolers you are not going to be able to track the car extensively.

In regards to package pricing, I would have thought as well that the Electronics Package should have been maybe $1000 less than the Convenience. After all, if you chose neither package, they were still going to give you the Recaros... For one, you are paying for just the electronics upgrades, with the other you are getting those same upgrades but with more comfortable and climate controlled seats. Shouldn't have been the same price IMO.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Can people not understand the difference in people who want to "track" the car and people who want to "drive" on the track?

Someone who needs coolers and someone who in any other mustang doesn't?

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Have no dog in this fight and never tracked a car but paid attention since the very beginning of the GT350 threads. As I recall, it was the opinion of members on these forums that a Tech could handle 20 minutes of HPDE and not anyone at Ford stating that, because way back then some were questioning if they should get the Track package for that intended use. I do not recall any one from Ford Performance being contacted or quoted directly on that question. If I am incorrect and there is a quote or email then someone may have a leg to stand on. I do not dispute it would be nice if all 350s could be tracked extensively and that coolers came with every car. But the opinions and wishes of M6G members is not the same as Ford Performance stating the Tech could be tracked even for HPDE even though there was that unspoken assumption on our part and perhaps a lack of clarity on Ford's. Be happy with your Tech if you don't track it, add coolers or trade to a 17 or another car if you do, and RIP.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Mannnn not to start a war, but the 2016's did have a TRACK PACKAGE option... if that wasn't a blatantly obvious tell that it was the option you want to track the car, I don't know what else was. It also says directly in the supplements and manuals that coolers are highly recommended for track use. In the initial breakdown of the "5 types of GT350's you can order" including the 350R base and 920A option, they listed the Track Pack 350 as the track version of the normal 350. IMO as long as they come out with a solution that owners can buy from their local Ford Performance dealers, I see no fouls. It is kind of common sense if you are into motorsports that if you dont have coolers you are not going to be able to track the car extensively.

In regards to package pricing, I would have thought as well that the Electronics Package should have been maybe $1000 less than the Convenience. After all, if you chose neither package, they were still going to give you the Recaros... For one, you are paying for just the electronics upgrades, with the other you are getting those same upgrades but with more comfortable and climate controlled seats. Shouldn't have been the same price IMO.
Next year they're going to intro the DragPack! For people like yourself.
Couldn't resist. Sorry:thumbsup:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Can people not understand the difference in people who want to "track" the car and people who want to "drive" on the track?

Someone who needs coolers and someone who in any other mustang doesn't?
Genuinely curious as to how you define the difference between "tracking" a vehicle on track, or just "driving" a vehicle on track? If you're on a track, you certainly aren't putting along in 6th gear... You are driving quickly. Whether that means pushing the car to your limit, or just driving aggressively but playing it safe, you're still driving in the higher RPMs with lots of wide open throttle.

They don't offer cooling options for lower mustangs because none of them rev as high or make as much power, both of which generates heat. Just saying man, same as the corvette the Z51 is the track pack that includes all the coolers and a dry sump oiling system.

I'm not one of those who is saying "tech owners bought the wrong car", but I do believe tech owners were either misinformed or uneducated on which package they should choose if they wished to be able to track the car.

The only thing I don't agree with, is that owners are experiencing issues off the track, which IMO is unacceptable. If the car requires mandatory coolers to even drive on a back road for any extended amount of time, then they should have come on the cars initially. Though it seems only some users are experiencing those issues. I stand by my original statement that if they offer coolers to those who want them at X cost then all is fine, as the 17' owners had to pay a higher base price than 16's to get those coolers standard.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would like to discuss how the cooler issue and ADM topics relate to each other, and I think we should have this discussion in every thread.
We should essentially rename every thread as such, because the coolers and adm come up in just about every thread

Sponsored
OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Just an interesting find to add to this post- with searching for BRAND NEW 2016 and 2017 GT350's on Cars.com, it shows that nationwide there are APPROXIMATELY 550 BRAND NEW GT350's available at dealers across the nation. These appear as in-stock vehicles. Now we can account for a small percentage to be sold and/or were special orders, so with that there would be approximatly 500 (yes, 500) cars available nationwide.

I doubt these ADM's are going to last very much longer!

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
Pass several months I've seen convenience pack cars all over Texas at 10-15K over. Very few electronic packs. Lately dealers have been calling me almost every day offering me 5k over. The market is changing unless you want an R.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I think it's clear that the people that don't have coolers in their car are the ones who paid large ADMs. If they'd been patient and not paid the ADM they would've have ended up with a 2017 car and all the coolers. Also, if they had all just banded together and refused to pay an ADM, thereby forcing all the dealers across the US to sell the car at a lower price, then later down the road they wouldn't have needed to band together to make annoying phone calls for Ford Performance, or start a class action lawsuit against Ford.

[ame]
Sponsored