Sponsored

Lost Screw For Cabin Air Filter Door. Need part #.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

Some how, in my gremlin filled life. I lost the screw to the cabin filter access door. I can't find a part number and ford dealer was a bit of no help. But not in a bad way, the guy tried. I just need the screw and I'd like to stay OEM. As in a screw from the line. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know that it is a T15 screw.

Thanks for any and all of your time.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check the following areas for that screw:

1) open glove box door and feel along all ledges and crevices directly behind the door and the dash ledges where the door is mounted - then check on/near all of the plastic areas around the HVAC system. Use a high powered flashlight to look around in there.

2) under dash, peel back the carpet from the firewall and then look or feel down behind the carpet. It’s possible the screw fell back there when removing the door and it’s wedged between the carpet and floor pan.

3) check under passenger seat OR in the crevice between seat back and seat bottom

4) If you removed the filter door from your car while doing the HVAC filter - if the screw fell outside of the car and you have moved the car, check your tires.

OP
OP
cocopanda

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the help Gents, I wanted to update later on last night. But I did find the part number successfully after posting.

In the future for anyone. It is screw - Retainer Screw, Ford, W502660-S424

And again, thanks for the help anyways.