Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That moron did not know his backstop.
Oh he knew. This gentleman was very well know by local law enforcement. They even used this land for shooting. It was a horror show for a while but I understand he's gone now.

This is the area. The house two up from the empty lot took a number of hits. My daughter was going to buy the house one up from the empty lot.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 7.15.03 PM.png

Sponsored

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Screenshot_20231202_152330_Samsung Internet.jpg

It was certainly a negligent, stupid and irresponsible act. Unless you have knowledge that it was intentional then it likely was an accident.
I agree with letting the LEO take care of it, which it seems the OP is doing.

#2 seems a lot like revenge for something that may have been unintentional. Stupid, negligent, irresponsible and very dangerous but not necessarily meant to cause damage or harm.

#3 seems like the lead up to an evening news story of a confrontation that escalates violently with both parties hurt or in jail.

Calling the police, which the OP did, creates a better paper trail than anything you could possibly do.
I'm amused you think talking to them would lead to a news story, but shooting being revenge for something being accidental is your issue with number 2. It's pretty clear number 2 is an emotional response, thats how i would FEEL. I would absolutely go talk to them. Bullets are hitting your property. If they have an issue with changing that reality, then you know where your cards lie when the next steps are needed.

3 is absolutely the way to go when its your neighbor. Give them a chance to know about it and to rectify, and escalate to police if it happens again. An incident on the books makes a huge difference on successive calls, and your neighbors will thank you for not calling the cops. Might improve relations overall. Could they react badly? Of course! But they may surprise you pleasantly.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
How exactly would a law have prevented that? Criminals are gonna criminal. Laws prevent nothing, enforcement does.
This thread has nothing to do with gun control laws, enforcement of those laws, or about criminals. This is about a neighbor shooting his gun and the, hopefully, accidental hitting of OP's car. File this under "shit happens".

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 6 Speed
This thread has nothing to do with gun control laws, enforcement of those laws, or about criminals. This is about a neighbor shooting his gun and the, hopefully, accidental hitting of OP's car. File this under "shit happens".
Then why don't you make the same comment to the comment that started it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
How exactly would a law have prevented that? Criminals are gonna criminal. Laws prevent nothing, enforcement does.
Why are you misreading my comment? It's not like I'm the one proposing more laws. The point is not to imply that laws work, but that for every idiot that does something like this, uninformed non gun people have more ammo to use for stupid legislation.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
For every reaction/action there is in fact a cause. May
not be something you can always control, but there’s always a cause.

OP
OP
Kidroc2133

Kidroc2133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Car has been in the shop since Monday getting repaired. While there I am also getting the Cervini hood painted to match. There was a long list before they could get it in to repair. Will post pictures when I get it back.

OP
OP
Kidroc2133

Kidroc2133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Picked it up this morning. Looking good.

20240209_090258.jpg

20240209_090240.jpg
Sponsored