Lost for words

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Im sure it was an accident. They shot all the time and there is about 50 acres of woods behind them. For some reason it seems they decided to shot from the back of there property towards mine across about 8 acres.
No, that was not an "accident". Please do not label it as an "accident".

Let LEO's take care of it.
Sponsored

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
Wrong. News articles have been piling up over the last few years of activist district attorneys choosing to not bring charges against people who then go on to committ more crimes.
Yep, that is happening here in Houston, there was a shift in judges and DA's that swung to one side politically and have become increasingly lenient on criminals who are getting off easy and committing multiple crimes after being charged and released with a slap on the wrist.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Rinse and repeat.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
...They are in the process of installing something that can detect where shots are being fired from.
I've seen some systems like that, and they work, but so far they've been very expensive.

And in Kabul (of all places) they returned false positives every day. 😅

Aerostat-5622-at-Site-1.jpg

Last edited:

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I've seen some systems like that, and they work, but so far they've been very expensive.

And in Kabul (of all places) they returned false positives every day. 😅

Aerostat-5622-at-Site-1.jpg
Your picture reminded me of a story from way back when. In the early 90s, I got to hear a talk one day by some people who supported Goodyear's blimp program. One of them mentioned that it wasn't uncommon at all for a blimp to return from a flight with multiple bullet holes... Patching them was routine maintenance.

Sponsored

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
I went out this morning and when I looked down I seen a bullet in front of my truck. Thinking some dumb ass decided to shot up into the air some where and it landed missing my house and truck. So I picked it up looked at it and seen white paint on the tip of it (which both the car and truck are white) and seen nothing wrong with the truck looked around the mustang and I be damned it had hit my mustang. Needless to say I was pretty pissed this morning.
Resized_20231129_084242.jpg
Boo! Three things hit my mind.

1. My county limits shooting to properties with 10 or more acres. This is why I'm good with that, even though it excludes my place. 6 acres is simply not big enough, especially if people are being careless like this.

2. I would have a hard time not doing a little target practice after this. Doubt they would feel the same if their car had a bullet hole in it. This is where my head would be if 3 didnt work out.

3. Have you talked to them about it? Some people might respond positively if you told them about this. And if they didn't, you at least have that info for the cops and insurance. Be good to have on file if someone does get hurt one day, then there is definitely a paper trail to them.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Happy to read no one got hurt. I hope the issue is resolved quickly.

I like ^ This, for a few reasons.

1. I think it favors the complete truth having an initial discussion with an officer. Versus a first talk with me that could give someone time to craft their words before meeting the LEO.

2. Everything can stay legal and recorded with the same independent third party.

3. You never know how someone is going to react. Maybe they genuinely understand what they did was wrong. Maybe not. Odds are good he will not have an animated (bad) reaction to the LEO.

4. An authoritative figure let's them know that there were consequences their actions and he cannot take certain liberties yet again.

Edit: 5. The LEO can also cite specific laws which apply, to help ensure they do no harm if attempting to move in yet another direction or use other methods.

Last edited:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
No, that was not an "accident". Please do not label it as an "accident".

Screenshot_20231202_152330_Samsung Internet.jpg

It was certainly a negligent, stupid and irresponsible act. Unless you have knowledge that it was intentional then it likely was an accident.
I agree with letting the LEO take care of it, which it seems the OP is doing.

Boo! Three things hit my mind.

2. I would have a hard time not doing a little target practice after this. Doubt they would feel the same if their car had a bullet hole in it. This is where my head would be if 3 didnt work out.

3. Have you talked to them about it? Some people might respond positively if you told them about this. And if they didn't, you at least have that info for the cops and insurance. Be good to have on file if someone does get hurt one day, then there is definitely a paper trail to them.
#2 seems a lot like revenge for something that may have been unintentional. Stupid, negligent, irresponsible and very dangerous but not necessarily meant to cause damage or harm.

#3 seems like the lead up to an evening news story of a confrontation that escalates violently with both parties hurt or in jail.

Calling the police, which the OP did, creates a better paper trail than anything you could possibly do.

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Screenshot_20231202_152330_Samsung Internet.jpg

It was certainly a negligent, stupid and irresponsible act. Unless you have knowledge that it was intentional then it likely was an accident.
I agree with letting the LEO take care of it, which it seems the OP is doing.

#2 seems a lot like revenge for something that may have been unintentional. Stupid, negligent, irresponsible and very dangerous but not necessarily meant to cause damage or harm.

#3 seems like the lead up to an evening news story of a confrontation that escalates violently with both parties hurt or in jail.

Calling the police, which the OP did, creates a better paper trail than anything you could possibly do.
You mean someone pointing a gun up in the air and firing a bullet wasn't intentional?

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Starts with Soros picking who he wants as da and funding them.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It shouldn't matter if you have 1 acre or 100. Always know your backstop.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Buy a .50 & show him how its done son ! Naturally I jest.
Sponsored