Sponsored

Lost all audio SYNC2

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hi, today I lost all audio in my SYNC2 equipped 2016 EU Mustang... I was just about to do a software update so I had pulled my music USB out... no radio no nothing... I went ahead with the update hoping that would reset the system, but nope... No radio, no USB music, no beeps from the screenbuttons...

Tried the master reset trick, but didn't help either! Sooo please :D Anyone have any suggestions to get it working again? I've had the car since MONDAY and I think it's way too soon to have issues and bringing it in for service :( :eyebulge:
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Did you disconnect / reconnect battery ?

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
No... however I deleted the SYNC from my iPhone and started it up again just now and it's back to working... Is this something I should expect happening?!

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No... however I deleted the SYNC from my iPhone and started it up again just now and it's back to working... Is this something I should expect happening?!
Hey gojensen,

If this continues to happen, please visit your dealer to have the system checked out. Keep me in the loop.

Whitney

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
very common ford sync problems. there are so many threads about this on here. this happens to me on an almost monthly basis. cant believe they put such a garbage radio in such a nice car!

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

anyway, you can do the battery disconnect as mentioned above, but first try this solution given to me in another thread: with the radio off, hold the power button and the right seek button down at the same time. this resets the sync system.

cant wait for an aftermarket adapter to come out....

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
very common ford sync problems. there are so many threads about this on here. this happens to me on an almost monthly basis. cant believe they put such a garbage radio in such a nice car!

anyway, you can do the battery disconnect as mentioned above, but first try this solution given to me in another thread: with the radio off, hold the power button and the right seek button down at the same time. this resets the sync system.

Hi [email protected],

Are you running the latest version of SYNC available:
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Have you visited your dealer about the issue?

Whitney

Eco_roller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Stang / 1967 'Cuda 273
Me too! I'm ripping that junk out and installing the Raxiom unit once it's available!

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for reaching out Whitney.

I did have an update done shortly after purchasing the vehicle, and I'll ask the dealer to check it out at the next service, but the system is what it is.
Let me know how it goes.

Whitney
Sponsored