Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
IMG_3742.jpeg

IMG_3745.jpeg

IMG_3747.jpeg

IMG_3754.jpeg

... then close all potential gaps for air to escape with foil tape. and if you're feeling particularly adventurous (and have the space), reduce the inlet to 1/3 the surface area and duct that, tip the cooling elements forward, and duct the exit through hood vents. i'll be doing all this in the offseason (ran out of time).

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
tip the cooling elements forward, and duct the exit through hood vents. i'll be doing all this in the offseason (ran out of time).
1. I don't think anyone has gone to the extents you have to facilitate cooling. It's very impressive.
2. Is there any chance you can shoot the hot air out of the sides of the car in some fashion? Hot air out of the hood usually puts low density air over your roof and rear wing, neither of which is good for downforce. If you can plumb it along the side of the car, you're often better off. Just a thought.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's not trowing any codes checked it on the track car is fine with codes. Last year in July the speeds were similar I guess It's just warm and car is pulling timing. Which is reducing the power after that in Winter car run good. Looks like I will need to think about cooling out the car in summer. Maybe grill delete and a hood :?
Are you stock tune? If yes then the ecu has a ton of things it does to “protect” various parts when the engine is run hard. It adds fuel and pulls timing and can even pull rpm in extreme cases. Even if you do mechanical cooling mods a stock tune will still drop power by adding fuel and pulling timing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bnightstar

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Are you stock tune? If yes then the ecu has a ton of things it does to “protect” various parts when the engine is run hard. It adds fuel and pulls timing and can even pull rpm in extreme cases. Even if you do mechanical cooling mods a stock tune will still drop power by adding fuel and pulling timing.
Yeah I'm on stock tune. It's hard with tuning EU cars as we have GPF (Gas Particles Filter) so the USA tunes don't work on our cars. I write to steeda to see if there Tunes for Life have a tune for EU cars (they are selling CAI here with it). If so I think I will have to buy a CAI+Tune in order to help me with timing pulling.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Same thing happened to my last Sunday, which made me remember this thread. After doing a bunch of laps, suddenly I had less power and I noticed it was accelerating slower. No messages or alerts. While I always fill up before I enter the track, I think I can rule out "bad fuel" because after I took a session break, all was fine and normal again. This Sunday was the first really hot day, so I think it must be due to that.

Guess I also need to look into how to help keep things cooler.

OP
OP
bnightstar

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I also need to look into how to help keep things cooler.
My next track day is on 30.05. I ordered K&N Air Filter to see if this can help at least a bit to lower IAT a bit. But overall looks like the problem is just temperatures and cooling.
Sponsored