BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome updates! Keep it up. Totally understand the garage situation.

Have my project car in the garage taking space, so have the R stored at the brothers house. Once the wife and I build the new house (end of the year hopefully...) will be able to store all the vehicles indoors and at 1 place.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome updates! Keep it up. Totally understand the garage situation.

Have my project car in the garage taking space, so have the R stored at the brothers house. Once the wife and I build the new house (end of the year hopefully...) will be able to store all the vehicles indoors and at 1 place.
Thanks I appreciate it. Good luck with the new house build, excited for you as I know how much the extra garage space means...

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
First Wash of the season for me. Also got my detailing products brought up from the basement and into the garage....
I have been experimenting with different options for washing. The car was really dirty from sitting all winter without a cover (bad decision) and the cow manure I ran through at the end of last year when I should have went straight home (another bad decision
1f642-png.png

If it's really dirty i've been using Griots Foaming Surface Wash and their foam cannon hooked up to a pressure washer gun. Foam it up, let is sit for 10 minutes, usually wash the wheels while it's sitting, then rinse off. Does a really good job of taking care of 90% of the dirt. I usually have a bucket with Meguires Gold Car Wash and a wash mitt to get a few of the tough areas like the front fascia by hand after rinsing...
Took a friends advice and used the leaf blower for drying, worked really well. I had tried it before but was not being patient. I also seemed to have good battery life on this new one as well....
I have been experimenting with waterless and rinseless wash products as well and really like the Optimum No Rinse (ONR) product for a quick cleanup or as a quick detailer. Works well with the ceramic coating I put on.
Got it washed up and in the garage just before the rain came...
6.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bill, Both products work great for what they are intended to do. I did a lot of research on the foaming wash and griots really stood out.
I'm excited to rest the ONR product this year and see how that works.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good Lorne. We still need to get together and go for a drive. If you are thinking of a track day let me know. Blackhawk in May would be a good place to start.
Thanks Andy, Are you going with a specific group or just the normal calendar of events? I do have a gift certificate to RA which I need to use. Thinking about the intro to track day event.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Andy, Are you going with a specific group or just the normal calendar of events? I do have a gift certificate to RA which I need to use. Thinking about the intro to track day event.
I am going to all kinds.

here are some links.

https://www.nwshelbyclub.com/category/newsandevents/

https://www.roadamerica.com/track-days

https://blackhawkfarms.com/shop-on-line/11831-2/

We might make a trip to Mid ohio. but we will see. I think I am signed up for 9 events so far.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I just need to pick something, I am leaning towards the Road America beginner track event for multiple reasons:
1. it's a longer track, don't have to worry as much about gearing, heal/toe, constant braking, etc
2. It will be with an instructor and classroom instruction
3. it's close to me
4. I have a gift certificate already
5. I feel I would have more dedicated instruction vs going to one of the shelby group events, for me it would be less pressure and more low key.
Kind of nervous about the whole thing in regards to keeping within my limits, safety, getting the car and myself home in one piece, etc.. I'm sure it is all normal feelings

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
First drive of the year! Took her to my local detailer to have some touch up work done on the GTechniq Ultra Ceramic Coating that was applied last fall. Noticed some white shading that almost looked like swirls. Ended up being "high spots" in the ceramic. A little buffing and he had them completely gone. Matt, the owner actually purchased a lift during the winter to get a better visual on the paint and dial his paint correction in even further. Great guy and stands behind his work...
On another note...I have been looking at it today under garage led lighting, followed by overcast skies outside this morning and then again in the detailers bay. I can't get over how incredible this car looks. The Ford Performance Blue paint is stunning with the black accents. Oh yeah,.....and then there's the driving experience and sound.....
IMG_0410.JPG
high spot.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Redline Brand Garage Storage Cabinets and Slat Wall installed last week. Very high quality wood composite materials. First home with drywall and plaster on walls. Didn't really want to deal with screw in hooks to mount everything. Decided to start with a basic setup.. not sure if I am going to need another cabinet or just more slat wall. Now the fun begins as I decide on mounting accessories for slat wall. The possibilities are endless.
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0996.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! is there a reason you went with wood composite rather than metal for the cabinets?

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Actually no at first.. I was just looking for a good solution provider in my area who could provide the materials and installation. The company I worked with sells the redline brand exclusively and do a lot of custom type work. He explained to me the durability of these cabinets vs the metal composite. I don't plan on moving soon and we are in a cold weather state, so decided to get the better quality cabinets. The Sales guy I worked with has been with the company forever and has these in his own garage.... look the same as the day he installed them.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The B&O Stereo System in the new 2019 is fantastic. It's not Elite, but pretty darn good. Created a bunch of Spotify Playlists, one specifically for the GT350.
Went for a cruise the other day and had this song playing...
Sponsored