Sponsored

Looks like the R won't be happening

***GT350***

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Nope. Waiting for the shop to get the parts. The dealer I'm working with to get the R still doesn't know if they're getting one and won't until March. I'm going with a different brand most likely for many other reasons than the R issue.
Sorry to hear that and i agree with you...just move on. it's meant to be and heck you should get something else that makes you happy. it's a damn car and its job is making YOU happy, not the other way around.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Sorry OP, I was afraid this was going to happen, but I didn't want to sound too negative in your other thread. There are just too many stories of this happening and you really only have an R when it is in your driveway. Otherwise far too many things can happen during the ordering and delivery process. It sucks and it is a great car, but I don't think it is worth the headache as there are many great cars out there to choose from. Good luck with whatever you decide to get in the future.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Well in this case, there is plenty of evidence of this type of thing happening unfortunately.
Granted however, I don't think enzo101 needed an "I told ya so" from McCarsFan.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
A viable alternative is the Steeda Q750 w/ 825hp!

We just made our official release yesterday & here is some more information on the program:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67096

The current owners have nothing but amazing things to say about the Q750 ... it is in a class of its own!

Best Regards,

TJ

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Granted however, I don't think enzo101 needed an "I told ya so" from McCarsFan.
I didnt mean to sound like a dick, but I gave less than 1% probability of this happening. And it wasnt just me in enzo's original thread, there were numerous people saying the same thing. It just sounded too good to be true. I dont believe at all that the dealer had an allocation (i.e. allocated by the regional Ford rep). You know how many times I was offered the same? Too many.

I feel bad for him because I know how disappointed he must be. Judging by his posts, I think the ownership experience would have been disappointing for him with Ford anyways, so maybe its all for the best.

I do want to make a note about Viper, they really sound very bad. They dont sound like a true proper sports car that I would like, they have a very distinctive too much drony/basey weird exhaust note. You either love it or you hate it. I hate GM's push rod V8s because they sound like truck V8s, but in this case I would prefer a C7 Z06 pushrod sound over Viper any day. For me sound is a big part of the ownership experience.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I didnt mean to sound like a dick, but I gave less than 1% probability of this happening. And it wasnt just me in enzo's original thread, there were numerous people saying the same thing. It just sounded too good to be true. I dont believe at all that the dealer had an allocation (i.e. allocated by the regional Ford rep). You know how many times I was offered the same? Too many.

I feel bad for him because I know how disappointed he must be. Judging by his posts, I think the ownership experience would have been disappointing for him with Ford anyways, so maybe its all for the best.

I do want to make a note about Viper, they really sound very bad. They dont sound like a true proper sports car that I would like, they have a very distinctive too much drony/basey weird exhaust note. You either love it or you hate it. I hate GM's push rod V8s because they sound like truck V8s, but in this case I would prefer a C7 Z06 pushrod sound over Viper any day. For me sound is a big part of the ownership experience.
I know you didn't mean to sound like a dick, but that is the way you came off. One liners are a great way to ensure people think you are being a know-it-all-dick. Weren't you trying to get an R at MSRP or slighly above at one point? How'd that work out for ya? None of us (yet) are telling you "We told you so", are we?

We give advice based on our own experiences. Some need to validate for themselves. Telling someone "I told you so" is trying to bring someone down while shouting "ha ha, I was right". Kind of childish bro. I'm betting this was not your intention but many read it that way.

To the OP. yes, this sucks. Most dealers don't even know the qualifications for getting an R. The first question to ask is "Have you sold 3 17 GT350's this year?" If they say no, they are NOT getting an R, period.

Dealers play the same gave with Corvettes. They take orders hand a client the 1100 order placed and the client thinks they are getting a personalized C7. Guess what, the dealers placed the order and because they had no allocation the order sat at 1100 for 6 months and was never picked up. This happens a lot with small dealers who don't sell many, if any Corvettes

Me personally, I buy from dealer stock and would never order a car. Too much waiting on the edge of your seat for months just to determine your car will never be built.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Don't take the bait. He's fishing again.
Na, he does not bother me. I was happy to see he finally got his GT350. Unfortunately he wasted the entire summer looking and drove a few of us batty in the process but he is entitled to his opinion. I really do doubt he was trying to be a dou*he. At least not on purpose.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Meh, the V10 just emits different tones (due to atypical firing order, crankshaft, bore and longer stroke) than the V8's which many are used to... the Viper also has a different exhaust setup. Still a great car IMO plus it's legit.

Unlike the F80/82-series M3/M4 stock exhaust which clearly belongs in the sewer... what a disgrace to M cars fans. ;)

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Yeah that's what he said. I knew it was closing for a week due to sales but he said they close it due to the cold/snow.
Flat rock is NOT closing until March and they do NOT close due to weather. This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.
Sponsored