Sponsored

Looks like I have a leak...

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The Mach 1 is the only vehicle that parks in this spot. I've probably got about 300 miles on it now and it looks like I've sprung a leak ? 90% of the time I back in so it appears to be coming from the rear of the vehicle. It's booked into the dealer Friday morning at 8am, I'll report back with their findings...

IMG_1238.JPG
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Oil cooler fitting on the diff?

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
The Mach 1 is the only vehicle that parks in this spot. I've probably got about 300 miles on it now and it looks like I've sprung a leak ? 90% of the time I back in so it appears to be coming from the rear of the vehicle. It's booked into the dealer Friday morning at 8am, I'll report back with their findings...

IMG_1238.JPG
Rear diff cooling pipe, seen a few posts about it on here!

OP
OP
miketango

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Rear diff cooling pipe, seen a few posts about it on here!
Hopefully something that can be addressed easily? ...getting Mustang parts here in the UK is very slooooooow

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
Hopefully something that can be addressed easily? ...getting Mustang parts here in the UK is very slooooooow
The spec repair is to change the pipe cooler to diff, which has to be ordered, some have said they just changed the o ring on the fitting and it was fine!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

IMG_1238.JPG
Here ya go:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/1300-miles-oil-leak.159447/

If it is not the rear diff cooler fitting, check to make sure your oil filter is tight and/or the oil sensor above it. Both can be checked and remedied in your driveway.

OP
OP
miketango

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Quick question…there’s obviously a temperature sensor on the differential, is the fluid level also monitored ?

Thanks

OP
OP
miketango

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Update...I didn't get to speak with the Tech so all I know at this stage is a new seal is required on the diff. It's on order and the dealer seemed pretty confident that the part will be with them at the beginning of August (I've been told that its fine to drive in the meantime).
Sponsored