NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
how is smoking your lights rice? plenty of murdered out mustangs out there not looking rice at all.
It's rice. IMO, all visual changes that don't improve performance are rice.

Plus, tinting lights is beyond stupid. Asking to get hit.
Sponsored

Kevindust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 401A PP2 Active Exhaust, 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
If I was going to go Italian it would not be Ferrari, I'd find myself a nice mid 80s Lamborghini.
1988_lamborghini_countach_5000qv_1577751766ced2a8ba3b973450bScreen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-4.20.13-PM.png
unnamed (2).jpg
I am a die hard manual fanatic but for a driver's car, you would have to be a very high level of Crazy to choose an '80's Lamborghini over a new Ferrari SF90 Stradale. The Countach won't even keep up with a new Mustang GT (manual or automatic) on a track, never mind the SF90. I recently had the opportunity to sit in a 25th Anniversary Countach and while it is an incredible piece of art and automotive/pop culture history, I wouldn't be able to safely drive the car in a sporting way. I'm too tall and my feet are too big. You'd need to be 5'9" or less to be able to pilot the thing. It certainly is wild looking though, even after 30+ years.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack. Congrats to the OP for your new California Special! I'm especially glad to hear that you are enjoying the 6 speed. I agree about the active exhaust, it sounds amazing for a factory system. I know that I have no intention of modifying the exhaust on my car.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

So you sayin' your plush & luxurious Luxe floor & trunk mats from Lloyds are rice? :crackup:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

so personalizing your car to your tastes is rice? black roof? people that buy wheels just for looks? thats....strange logic.

i agree its not smart per say. Especially if you go below what is legal.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
so personalizing your car to your tastes is rice? thats....strange logic.
Not logic at all. It's subjective opinion.

However, personalizing you car is one thing.

Tinting lights that are there for your and everyone's else's safety is beyond rice. It's the stupidest thing I can think of doing with your car, aside from driving it into a concrete wall at 90MPH.

It's a massive "I'm an idiot" sign to everyone around you.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So you sayin' your plush & luxurious Luxe floor & trunk mats from Lloyds are rice? :crackup:
Floor mats aren't a visual change. By "visual change" I mean mods done to impress others with the look of your vehicle.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

Tinting lights that are there for your and everyone's else's safety is beyond rice. It's the stupidest thing I can think of doing with your car, aside from driving it into a concrete wall at 90MPH.

sure. its stupid, i wouldnt call it rice though. I havent tinted my lights, but i dont see an issue with it as long as the tint is light enough to not be an issue.

He purely mentioned reflectors, which imo, if it doesn't decrease their ability to reflect, is doing no harm

the people with dark ass tint on their lights that you can barely even see at night are morons. lol

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
its probably more "rice" to call them a mod.
Exactly. Ricer is typically associated with asian cars that have aesthetic mods and no actual performance mods. On a 450+ HP car, you can't really call it rice since the car already hauls ass. So yeah, it's not rice.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

I personally love that our factory brake lights are nearly weapons. Also totally agree tinting them is a little much. I tend to go the route of entire assembly with black insides instead of chrome while keeping actual lighting nice and bright.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I personally love that our factory brake lights are nearly weapons. Also totally agree tinting them is a little much. I tend to go the route of entire assembly with black insides instead of chrome while keeping actual lighting nice and bright.
agree. i wouldnt tint my headlights, only the assembly if i did it. Tailights...eh..maybe, but not dark.

reflectors are pretty fair game imo

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
sure. its stupid, i wouldnt call it rice though. I havent tinted my lights, but i dont see an issue with it as long as the tint is light enough to not be an issue.

He purely mentioned reflectors, which imo, if it doesn't decrease their ability to reflect, is doing no harm

the people with dark ass tint on their lights that you can barely even see at night are morons. lol
If ricers do it, it's rice. Ricers tint their lights & reflectors. Big time.

Tint your reflectors/lights, it decreases their ability to reflect/light. That's non-negotiable. There is no one without the other.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Floor mats aren't a visual change. By "visual change" I mean mods done to impress others with the look of your vehicle.
Anyone can do anything they want with the car they bought. Trying to stand apart a little from a crapton of mustangs out there isn't really rice. Unless you slap some fake glue down hood scoops or a ghastly spoiler. Even then, your car your choice.

Safety =/= Rice

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Anyone can do anything they want with the car they bought. Trying to stand apart a little from a crapton of mustangs out there isn't really rice. Unless you slap some fake glue down hood scoops or a ghastly spoiler. Even then, your car your choice.
Trying to "stand apart" is for those that care what others think.
Sponsored