Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Hi

looking to trade my 2018 black Dodge Charger scatpack for a 2020 black mustang premium gt with California special . This is the only one they have in 6 speed manual with rev matching. I really like the interior in this package but they do have a black or metallic grey with black accents package but only in 10 speed auto. I rather get a 6 speed manual vs auto.
Thanks guys for your input.. coming from Dodge Charger scatpack the 8speed auto is great. The A10 must be just as great. Does the A10 have sport and track mode? As for the California package I really like the seats but wish the rims were all black and the striping I’m not really into striping. I rather have the clean look with no striping..

The black accent package is great to but the seats are so much better in the California package. Right now they also have magnetic grey with the black accents package no active exhaust but it’s A10. What is your take on the active exhaust?

Howdy.

OK, if I'm parsing this correctly ...

You prefer a manual. So get one, and don't consider other cars with an auto because they have black wheels.

You're don't case for most of the CS package, outside of the seats. Sounds like you would prefer the Ebony option (black wheels/badges), or even step up to a Performance Package (larger wheels, also black, tons of other goodies). However, wheels are an easy thing to swap.

The A10 is a spectacular automatic, and I'm coming from decades of owning manuals. FWIW, we also have a DD/RT with the terrific A8, sport modes, etc.

Active Exhaust (AE) is really awesome, 4 modes, car can be set to start in Quiet mode at specific times, and it's super quiet, standard is like most V8 cars, Sport really opens up and lets you hear the Coyote, I find the Track is actually a little harsh sounding, not that it's too loud, just less tuned to my ear. Many of us have swapped out the resonator for an H or X pipe, and that really opens up the exhaust sound while maintaining the adjustability (and Quiet stays just as quiet).

Sounds like __maybe__ you should shop around (I realize, given your location, options may be a bit more limited), for a non-CS, manual Ebony or PP car.

Good luck.

OP
OP

ethanhunter34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang gt California special
Thanks for all your reply ..On the California special is the stripe painted on or a decal?

Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Both cars are fun to drive but I am a Mustang lover
A10 to 6 speed well depends on person and what they do with it
I buzz around town and love a 6 speed but I don't track it either way Mustangs are great cars
here is my dad's Charger is fun to drive and looks great but just not a Mustang lol
IMG_6985.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Both cars are fun to drive but I am a Mustang lover
A10 to 6 speed well depends on person and what they do with it
I buzz around town and love a 6 speed but I don't track it either way Mustangs are great cars
here is my dad's Charger is fun to drive and looks great but just not a Mustang lol
IMG_6985.jpg

Please tell me that he just got it home from the dealer and “forgot” to remove the spoiler guards?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have more fun gapping guys while they play with their little stick

Insert Popcorn Gif
isn’t that called a reach around?! :p

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Nope lol I wish it was true it is sitting in his garage right now with them still on and refuses to remove them
He says every one in Florida leaves them on :crackup:
Him being 78 there is no changing his mind

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The A10 cars can run 11's stock. M6 stick cars are mid 12 second cars. If speed is important, get the A10. If rowing gears is important, get the stick. Both are nice. I couldn't ignore the half second difference, or that the superchargers work better with the A10. My other car is a stick, so there is that too.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Because a charger was a close 2nd place when choosing my current ride, why are you selling yours if you don't mind?

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
The A10 cars can run 11's stock. M6 stick cars are mid 12 second cars. If speed is important, get the A10. If rowing gears is important, get the stick. Both are nice. I couldn't ignore the half second difference, or that the superchargers work better with the A10. My other car is a stick, so there is that too.
what type of supercharger did you install ? I have a Roush stage 2 on my 6 speed and its a lot of fun have no clue how fast it is because I don't track it

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
what type of supercharger did you install ? I have a Roush stage 2 on my 6 speed and its a lot of fun have no clue how fast it is because I don't track it
Installing a Procharger P1X in spring. 13-14# of boost.
Sponsored