Sponsored

Looking to trade my 2018 Dodge Charger scatpack for 2020 mustang gt

ethanhunter34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang gt California special
Hi

looking to trade my 2018 black Dodge Charger scatpack for a 2020 black mustang premium gt with California special . This is the only one they have in 6 speed manual with rev matching. I really like the interior in this package but they do have a black or metallic grey with black accents package but only in 10 speed auto. I rather get a 6 speed manual vs auto.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The new manual with rev matching is pretty nice. You give up some performance compared to the A10 though.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The new manual with rev matching is pretty nice. You give up some performance compared to the A10 though.
Ya left out giving up some driving fun with A10 compared to the manual.

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
You're a family of otters wearing a trenchcoat.
Huh. Never heard that one before. Not sure what it means.

OP, I don't know what you're asking, but I'll be the first to welcome you to the forum.

Go with the six-speed manual.

OP
OP

ethanhunter34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang gt California special
Thanks guys for your input.. coming from Dodge Charger scatpack the 8speed auto is great. The A10 must be just as great. Does the A10 have sport and track mode? As for the California package I really like the seats but wish the rims were all black and the striping I’m not really into striping. I rather have the clean look with no striping..

The black accent package is great to but the seats are so much better in the California package. Right now they also have magnetic grey with the black accents package no active exhaust but it’s A10. What is your take on the active exhaust?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Hey, I owned the BMW before the Mustang, when I first signed up for this forum to research my purchase. I should update the avatar, but I don't think I can change my username.

The active exhaust is really cool. I'd have it, except that I am cheap and didn't want to spend the money. In "quiet" mode, it is really surprisingly quiet. "Normal" is a bit like a standard GT, which is loud but not obnoxious, and "track" or whatever loud mode is, is just freakin' obnoxious and racous and really, really fun when you want to let out your inner redneck.

I still think you should get the manual transmission. :)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Because if you need to play with a little stick to have fun driving you're not a man.

You're a family of otters wearing a trenchcoat.

🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦
Might need to check the mirror, see the guy playing with his little stick. LMAO

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Shhh, A10 owners won't admit that part lol
I have more fun gapping guys while they play with their little stick

Insert Popcorn Gif

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys for your input.. coming from Dodge Charger scatpack the 8speed auto is great. The A10 must be just as great. Does the A10 have sport and track mode? As for the California package I really like the seats but wish the rims were all black and the striping I’m not really into striping. I rather have the clean look with no striping..

The black accent package is great to but the seats are so much better in the California package. Right now they also have magnetic grey with the black accents package no active exhaust but it’s A10. What is your take on the active exhaust?
Active exhaust is nice if you daily it or plan to go headers or remove the resonator. I personally want loud.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Active exhaust is nice, drive both the A10 and manual and see which you prefer. I preferred the manual, don’t care if it is a little slower.

whichever route you go make sure to at least get a 301a to have the toggles for drive modes

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Welcome to the forum Ethan. You did know asking this question on this forum was going to get you numerous different answers. There is no consensus on this forum. You need to decide what tranny you want to drive day in and day out. We cannot help you with that. Personally I have the A10 and love it buts that's only because of a bum knee. Otherwise I would have bought a Bullitt.

I also have the active exhaust. It's great for being quite in the neighborhood and loud on the street. If this works for you, get it, if not you can always go aftermarket.

As far as the California Special, well I'm a little biased. That said, if you decide to go M6 then definitely get it. The interior is well worth it and that's were you spend your time driving. You can change the wheels and remove the stripes if you want.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Active exhaust is nice, drive both the A10 and manual and see which you prefer. I preferred the manual, don’t care if it is a little slower.

whichever route you go make sure to at least get a 301a to have the toggles for drive modes
Just FYI, the California Special package is only available on the premium car so drive modes are standard.
Sponsored