Sponsored

Looking to track my 19 gt pp1

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Did the fluid, worked until I got faster and drove the car harder. Kept being a problem so I just bit the bullet and did it right. Sorry to hijack the thread.
Did you also Wrapped the exhaust pipes?
Sponsored

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
I did not. The wrap may have kept the message away, but that doesn't mean the diff isn't running hotter than it should be for prolonged abuse. Keeping things cooler is always better. I did what I knew would work, so that I would never have to worry about it again.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Dial in some negative camber and go have fun.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Lot of the fun is going, trying it out, see what works, what doesn’t, then make adjustments and look forward to the next track day/weekend. Stock is very capable for the first few track days. I started doing mods pretty quickly and in hind-sight, could have waited. If doing my first track day again, I’d do the following:
1. Alignment. stock is limited w/o camber plates, but might to go 2 or 3 degrees negative up front and maybe 2 degrees negative on rear. Anything will help.
2. Oil change. I think ford recommends 5w30 for track use, please double check.
3. Brake flush.
4. Verify you have 50% left on pads as a minimum.
5. If low miles on car, then that’s about it. If higher mileage, consider trans and diff flush.

mine is a manual Trans, diff did start to over heat but wasn’t until my 4th track event, summer time, barber in Leeds, doing 40 minute sessions, happened in the afternoon. Then I installed the Full Tilt Boogy diff cooler. Works great.

Go have fun.