Sponsored

Looking to track in 2023. Anything else needed?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Would 285/35r19 work on a 35 offset both front and rear? That was the plan for the time being until I go up to 305's
Absolutely.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Most likely the Toronto Motorsport speedway. Bit of a drive, but I don't think there's any others outside of the Ajax area. That's why likely this'll be a weekend hobby a few times a year 🤣
if you're in Ajax, CTMP (Mosport) is basically right next to your door, and this track is light years better than Toronto Motorsport Park (CMP). don't confuse these two, CTMP aka Mosport aka Canadian Tire Motorsport Park is a world class venue with one of the most intimidating and fast layouts. CMP on the other hand, is a small bumpy track with no flagging stations, which is a big no-no for me personally.

if you want to come to Mosport and spend a weekend doing some sessions with great instructors, classrooms and skidpad exercises, drop me a DM and I'll share more details. it aint cheap, but the learning experience and focus on safety are totally worth it in my opinion.

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
if you're in Ajax, CTMP (Mosport) is basically right next to your door, and this track is light years better than Toronto Motorsport Park (CMP). don't confuse these two, CTMP aka Mosport aka Canadian Tire Motorsport Park is a world class venue with one of the most intimidating and fast layouts. CMP on the other hand, is a small bumpy track with no flagging stations, which is a big no-no for me personally.

if you want to come to Mosport and spend a weekend doing some sessions with great instructors, classrooms and skidpad exercises, drop me a DM and I'll share more details. it aint cheap, but the learning experience and focus on safety are totally worth it in my opinion.
I'll shoot you a DM as this looks closer and I'm 99% sure this is the place my friends at my local cars and coffee were talking about!

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
Hey everyone, just wanted to take some more time from work to say I appreciate all the fantastic feedback, great conversation in helping me get to where I want.

As a beginner, trying to find this sort of information I'm sure is such trial and error, along with hours and hours of research, so I do really appreciate everything.

From what I've gathered, I'm likely to do what I'd call a "Two year" plan of getting myself situated:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year One:

Learn the car. Do some small modifications for both handling, suspension & looks in general.

I'll be most likely doing some coaching through a weekend/event as a beginner driver to get myself behind the wheel, learn the ins and outs of the current car and learn a track, how it moves etc.

Mods for year one:

Steeda Sport Magneride Lowering Springs: The idea is at first, these will be most likely just a slight upgrade over stock, with a bit more load in the front, slight less in the rear. Understanding that these are not the ideal track springs.
Camber Plates: Needed from what I've seen now.
Camber Bolts: Are these required?
Sway Bars + Endlinks: Not needed as of yet. (Unless they will help me tighten up the car from going just slightly softer)
Stop the Hop Kit: Using for just street use, may also tighten up the rear a bit.
Wheel/Tire setup: 285/35/R19 Squared on SVE 35+mm offset

Will of course understand changing all the fluids etc as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year Two:

Will hopefully have learned more by this point. Will look to do more track days progressively through the year, and transform the car into a much more "track' than street car.

Year Two Mods:

Dual Rate Springs: This might happen even late this year. Depending on how I feel about the spring setup that I'll be on.
Sway Bars: These will come along with the new springs most likely.
Magneride Software Update: Will look into this.
Rear seat delete: I don't use these and I want to start shedding weight (Me and the car, Haha~)
305/30/R19 tires ??? offset?
Anything else?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something else I read from forums that is useful, maybe not required but because I am dropping the car something I should look at?

Mustang Front Control Arms? Any thoughts on these?

Overall just appreciate all the feedback as I start this journey once spring comes along. Any other feedback, any discussion, feel free to post, I try to reply and ask questions as often as I can.

Thanks all <3

Last edited:

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If you upgrade your sway bars get new adjustable end links. Especially up front. Seen several post on here of the stock fronts bending with upgraded sway bars.

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
If you upgrade your sway bars get new adjustable end links. Especially up front. Seen several post on here of the stock fronts bending with upgraded sway bars.
OH YES.

Most likely would do both, thank you for correcting me

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
depe
Would 285/35r19 work on a 35 offset both front and rear? That was the plan for the time being until I go up to 305's
depends on rim size. 19x10 is doable .
i would sell your rims and get new 18x11 ones :) saving money on tires too .

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
depe

depends on rim size. 19x10 is doable .
i would sell your rims and get new 18x11 ones :) saving money on tires too .
We are very limited on tire choices in 18x11 size up here in Canada unfortunately. I don't think we have access to takeoff slicks. Also, there is a good chance to have an apocalyptic rain during any given event, as well as driving at near freezing temperatures at times 🤣 . We have to choose wisely and this is where some 200tw tires in 305/30/19 have the best selection of options. Having multiple sets definitely helps, but that's usually further down the road.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
We are very limited on tire choices in 18x11 size up here in Canada unfortunately. I don't think we have access to takeoff slicks. Also, there is a good chance to have an apocalyptic rain during any given event, as well as driving at near freezing temperatures at times 🤣 . We have to choose wisely and this is where some 200tw tires in 305/30/19 have the best selection of options. Having multiple sets definitely helps, but that's usually further down the road.
200tw like a052 are really good on rain..not apocaliptic of course lol.
in light rain they could be bettere that "regular tires " like PS4

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
200tw like a052 are really good on rain..not apocaliptic of course lol.
in light rain they could be bettere that "regular tires " like PS4
leg and arm for 295/35/18 ☹

1673984449059.png

1673984475031.png

this is what I'm planning to get for next season, but I do have a set for really wet conditions at this point:
1673984686748.png

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
leg and arm for 295/35/18 ☹

1673984449059.png

1673984475031.png

this is what I'm planning to get for next season, but I do have a set for really wet conditions at this point:
1673984686748.png
Tires in Canada are a billion $$$.

That being said, I was looking at PS4S at all 4 corners so...I'm already doing it wrong.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
the only reasonably priced 305 tire in 18 size that I could find is NT01. that's actually great choice for dry events, but then I would lock myself with that shingle option and if it becomes unavailable, it would kinda suck. everything else is some moronic prices.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Tires in Canada are a billion $$$.

That being said, I was looking at PS4S at all 4 corners so...I'm already doing it wrong.
PS4S is a very solid tire for beginning, however there are better choices that also cost less.
Sponsored