OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Chrokee / Honda CRV / 1996 Thunderbird
The dash and all the colored lighting options were fun for a few weeks, but after that I haven't touched it. It's just an occasional cruiser, so I don't use all of the fancy settings.
Yeah I was mostly kidding. I mean I love cars with all the bells and whistles but my scenario is similar to yours in that this is going to just be an occasional cruiser a not my daily driver. So the lack of the digital dash is not going to be a deal breaker.

I don't know how old you guys are but I remember when I was a teenager my Grandfather purchased a brand new 1988 Taurus with all options including the digital dash. I thought it was coolest thing I had ever seen on a car and when I turned 16 a few years later and got my license I used to beg him to drive him around so I could play with the buttons on the digital dash. The technology has come a long way since then.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
When I was a teenager, my grandfather drove a 52 Hudson. I thought it was really cool when my Dad bought a brand new 57 Oldsmobile. It was amazing, it had power steering!

OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I was a teenager, my grandfather drove a 52 Hudson. I thought it was really cool when my Dad bought a brand new 57 Oldsmobile. It was amazing, it had power steering!
Haha, that's certainly got me beat. I hope everyone knows that I was trying to say others on here were kids. It's just hard to tell how old people are through a computer. I'm 45 but I feel much younger.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Actually they're not, look at the the pictures. There must be something with how the VIN's are reported for the 2018 and 2019's because many that say they are a manual are actually an automatic. That's especially true with the 2019's. I've been searching for a month now & when I narrow the search down to manual transmissions probably 50% of the results are actually automatics. And it's not just Cars.com because the same thing happens on Autotrader. So I first have to look at pictures of the interior to make sure it's actually a manual.
Oh wow you're right about the pictures. What the hell

Sponsored

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
Why would a car that new have two owners already?
Our 2015 had two previous owners. It turned out the first owner was Ford. It was a company car for about a year. I believe it was a trailer queen, moving from car show to local event for display. Then after a year, it went to Crossroads Ford in NC where it was sold to the second owner - with less than 300 miles on the clock!

OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow you're right about the pictures. What the hell
It's frustrating but I know to look for it now. When I first started looking for a Mustang convertible I got excited when I saw all the results with a manual. Then I started looking at pictures & quickly realized about 50% of the results weren't actually manual transmissions.

OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our 2015 had two previous owners. It turned out the first owner was Ford. It was a company car for about a year. I believe it was a trailer queen, moving from car show to local event for display. Then after a year, it went to Crossroads Ford in NC where it was sold to the second owner - with less than 300 miles on the clock!
I'm sure I'm probably just being overly worried about it.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Do you like negotiating? This was just the opening step. Whatever reason they gave was BS. They are testing to see how much you want the car.

Many people hate this. My wife, however, loves the game. We would go home, discuss what happened, and if I still wanted the car we would return to the dealer about a week later and she would counter with something outrageous like $22k (or even lower if she was pissed at the sales guy). The conversation _always_ goes like this:

Sales guy: I can’t go that low.
Wifey: Go show your manager.
SG: I can’t do that, it’s too low.
Wifey: What’s he going to do, fire you? Go show your manager.

The Waiting Game - A Sales Tactic. The SG disappears for about 20 minutes hoping we will talk ourselves into desperately wanting the car. He will return with a paper filled with a bunch of figures written down/scratched out, written down/scratched out, written down/scratched out. “This is the best we can do.” Wife says, “Not good enough.” We stand up as if to leave.

The Turn-over. Since SG didn’t make the sale, the mid-level sales manager magically appears. He will profusely apologize but they can’t go any lower. It’s a wonderful car, you shouldn’t pass up this great deal, Yada yada yada. The wife will thank them for their time and we will get up to leave. You don’t want to be dealing with the mid-level manager, you want to talk to the decision-maker.

If they continue talking to us, Wife will ask to talk to the Big Guy. Now she is ready to negotiate in earnest. If she and Big Guy reach an agreeable solution, we buy the car; if not, we leave. There are other cars out there.
WALK AWAY!!

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It's frustrating but I know to look for it now. When I first started looking for a Mustang convertible I got excited when I saw all the results with a manual. Then I started looking at pictures & quickly realized about 50% of the results weren't actually manual transmissions.
I was looking at used Audi R8s with manual transmissions in Cargurus and other sites. Every car that was listed with a manual transmission was actually automatic.

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
When we were on the hunt, we also had to go to pictures to be sure on the transmission type. I would go as far as to say that half of the listings were not correct.
Sponsored