Sponsored

Looking to purchase 18 mustang GT PP, have a question.

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
Traded in my full bolt on, cammed 6th gen for a daytona 392 that i cant wait to get out of and now looking at a 18 mustang gt with options auto, performance pack, nav, and 301A.

The msrp on the car is 44380. The dealer offered to give me x plan pricing without me having to wait for MCOA membership to reach 60 days. The discount they are offerin off MSRP is 2207. I do not know what invoice of the car would be to calculate the x plan discount. Also all other rebates still stack on top of the x plan discount right? Also i thought i read on another website while researching is that dealer fees are capped to 199 right. Ford.com says $2500 cash back offer but i noticed on the pricing breakdown sheet the dealer only entered a $ 2000 rebate. Im just am trying to figure out if the dealer is basically moving around money making it seem like i am getting a deal when i am not getting one. I plan to text dealer in morning and finish The deal while at work.

Thanks for help.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I am only getting x plan for now since I have to order the way I want it and would be a 2019. truecar does give a good example of invoice if you build it your spec to get an idea of what the invoice is...

Awww that was quick to dump the 392 Daytona?

AGM2018

Before you make this deal official, look up Nalley Ford in Sandy Springs, GA (20 minutes outside of Atlanta) and Akin Ford (30 minutes from Athens, GA). Nalley has GT'S discounted at $8000 from MSRP and Akins has GT'S discounted at $8500 from MSRP. Neither is an exceedingly far drive from Pcola; I have spent a lot of time in Pcola...if you are trying to make a deal with "World Ford"...walk...no, RUN AWAY! Both Nalley and Akins prices will save you more money than your current "X-Plan" offer.

Two weeks ago, Nalley custom built an 18 EB for me, using one of their already allocated and ordered EB's from Ford. After all was said and done, my discount was/is $7795 off the MSRP. The 18 EB Premium I built has every option, except Magnaride and the premium HD radio. My Out-The-Door price, with all taxes and fees included, is a little over $34K. With the GT'S MSRP you referenced at $44,380, you could walk out the door and be On-The-Road at/about $40-41K on a deal with similar savings as mine. To me, potentially saving this much coin is worth a call to both dealerships and then driving to pick up a GT, if you find a GT at either dealership you want. Just my two cents...

OP
OP

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
Before you make this deal official, look up Nalley Ford in Sandy Springs, GA (20 minutes outside of Atlanta) and Akin Ford (30 minutes from Athens, GA). Nalley has GT'S discounted at $8000 from MSRP and Akins has GT'S discounted at $8500 from MSRP. Neither is an exceedingly far drive from Pcola; I have spent a lot of time in Pcola...if you are trying to make a deal with "World Ford"...walk...no, RUN AWAY! Both Nalley and Akins prices will save you more money than your current "X-Plan" offer.

Two weeks ago, Nalley custom built an 18 EB for me, using one of their already allocated and ordered EB's from Ford. After all was said and done, my discount was/is $7795 off the MSRP. The 18 EB Premium I built has every option, except Magnaride and the premium HD radio. My Out-The-Door price, with all taxes and fees included, is a little over $34K. With the GT'S MSRP you referenced at $44,380, you could walk out the door and be On-The-Road at/about $40-41K on a deal with similar savings as mine. To me, potentially saving this much coin is worth a call to both dealerships and then driving to pick up a GT, if you find a GT at either dealership you want. Just my two cents...
Im working with someone grlm akins now, are there delas real or when i go in they gonna start saying i dont qualify for stuff

AGM2018

Call and ask to talk with Mr. Woody Sowder. He was my salesman when I bought a car at the dealership in 2015. Easiest car deal I ever made; I sent an email inquiry on the car I wanted and he (Mr. Sowder) worked up the sales numbers and send them to me the next day. I called him, told him I wanted the car and made the deal. Ask them to break down the $8000 discount on the GT, line-by-line, authorized discount by authorized discount, so you may see EXACTLY what the price is. The dealership also charges a $599.00 Processing Fee, so be aware of that. Other than the Koons Ford Dealerships in MD, Akins and Nalley have the biggest discounts on 18 GT'S I have seen anywhere. Call Mr. Woody (as I call him...he is in his 70's) and make your best deal. He is honest and he will give the sales numbers in black and white to see for yourself. Good Luck!

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Traded in my full bolt on, cammed 6th gen for a daytona 392 that i cant wait to get out of and now looking at a 18 mustang gt with options auto, performance pack, nav, and 301A.

The msrp on the car is 44380. The dealer offered to give me x plan pricing without me having to wait for MCOA membership to reach 60 days. The discount they are offerin off MSRP is 2207. I do not know what invoice of the car would be to calculate the x plan discount. Also all other rebates still stack on top of the x plan discount right? Also i thought i read on another website while researching is that dealer fees are capped to 199 right. Ford.com says $2500 cash back offer but i noticed on the pricing breakdown sheet the dealer only entered a $ 2000 rebate. Im just am trying to figure out if the dealer is basically moving around money making it seem like i am getting a deal when i am not getting one. I plan to text dealer in morning and finish The deal while at work.

Thanks for help.
X-Plan in all reality is a fair price. On my car (which MSRP was $45,485), X-Plan was right at $100 over invoice. You should be able to do better than that. I got a little over $700 below invoice. A good place to start would be the Costco car buying program if you have a Costco membership. Here the Costco program is a flat $500 below invoice with no additional fees. All rebates are separate and reduce the price further by the rebate amount. Rebates do vary from region to region. I have seen certain dealers (several mentioned here) that will be even lower, but you have to watch some of their creative math to figure out the true price. Shopping around and getting a full disclosure break down of the price including all extras will save you some money if you're patient and can walk away from a deal if need be. If you have bought a new Ford within the last few years, you may also qualify for up to $750 in private cash from Ford. It's at least worth a call. Good luck!

OP
OP

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
I purchased the car today for 5k of msrp. which equaled out to paying msrp after the trading in. Thanks for the help. Looking forward to getting the car. I ended up getting a GT premium with 401A and the 10 speed trans as this seemed more of a deal than the PP to me because suspension will be changed out anyways and wheels and tires.

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
i paid 6 k under msrp out here in the bay area ca. premium pp 401, safe, shaker, a10

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver

Stone mountain as well they have great discounts as well got my 16gtpp for 28k new.

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
Best thing to do is to go online and look at each dealers internet pricing. If the dealer has an internet price that is 7K under MSRP then they will be willing to go cheaper. They will say "oh thats only the price if you qualify for all our outrageous rebates like" and the rebates will be 1 K for having 11 fingers or being able to sing in 10 languages.
The good thing here is they want to sell, so they will push the rebates to get you the lowest price. Be patient, and if the deal cant be made dont give in just leave. Even if they dont stop you they may call you the next day.

My experience....
2017 Ford Explorer Sport - 10k under MSRP
2018 Mustang GT - 9k under MSRP
2012 Speed 3 - 6K under MSRP
2008 Mustang GT - 8k unser MSRP

Each time i went to a dealer that didn't have a big markdown on the internet price i was met by stingy sales.
Its also smart to go when sales suck.

Oh and PS - The dealer is most likely moving around money. Sneaky sneaky....Always keep an eye out for the tricks.

chris6218

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not a PP2 but I got my 2018 GT w/ Security Package and Active Exhaust from Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA for $31,530.39, MSRP $39,580. Managed to get them and Nalley Ford Sandy Springs to battle it out to my benefit.
Sponsored