Looking to Make the Jump t a S550 GT Premium - Need Some Advice

gater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3
I'll admit right off the bat that I'm new here. I've read a bunch of threads, been searching cars for weeks (what's even out there) and have test drove a few. For those of you who have been driving Mustangs for years, what are your non-negotiable options? Just a heads up, I'm coming from an Audi so I'm going to make sure I get some bells and whistles.

What I've determined I want
- GT Premium Fastback
- B&O Sound
- Upgraded Exhaust (kind of seems like a waste)
- Manual

Is the 3.55 axles worth the $1k upgrade?
Not sure the $2.4K is worth the adaptive cruise either, seems more annoying than anything with a manual.
I would love to do the black out package but you can't get that with the GT performance package.

Anything else you guys recommend?
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
The upgraded exhaust isn't a waste.

OP
OP

gater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3
The upgraded exhaust isn't a waste.
Then maybe the speakers are a waste. Seems like opposing upgrades :cwl: (not sure how many HP the exhaust add if any)

Sponsored

sopherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium VB
I have a 21 GT Premium non performance pack. Don’t plan on tracking the car (it’s my daily) so would’ve been a waste in my case to go with the 3.55 rear end. My favorite option I have is actually the active exhaust. Being able to leave for work in the morning without waking up my neighbors is super nice.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Then maybe the speakers are a waste. Seems like opposing upgrades :cwl: (not sure how many HP the exhaust add if any)
The exhaust isn't designed to ad HP although I imagine it lessons it in quiet mode. It gives you options in regards to stealth vs obnoxious. Can't creep around the outside of your girlfriends house at night without upgraded exhaust set to quiet mode. She'll hear you a mile away.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
if you want good leather, Katzkin. Ifyou want good audio, aftermarket. Ford factory is grossly overpriced middling crap. The only way to get Magneride is $10,000 in options. Good (enough) suspension in the form of IRS fixes, Bilstein dampers or the Ford Track pack can be had for $2000 installed.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’m a big fan of the spare wheel, the premium floor liners, and the enhanced security package. I don’t want to wait on a flat tow, have to stress about the crap my kids drag in the car, or worry about someone stealing my catalytic converter.

Mine was a leftover 2020 GT with 401A and pretty much every option other than Magneride and the performance pack. It came with 3.55 gears (manual). Why do people think these gears aren’t something you want?

The car is a hoot to drive for me, but I guess I’m not an aficionado who knows all things GT/350/500 and beyond…

Last edited:

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I’m a big fan of the spare wheel, the premium floor liners, and the enhanced security package. I don’t want to wait on a flat tow, have to stress about the crap my kids drag in the car, or worry about someone stealing my catalytic converter.

Mine was a leftover 2020 GT with 401A and pretty much every option other than Magnaride and the performance pack. It came with 3.55 gears (manual). Why do people think these gears are bad?

The car is a hoot to drive for me, but I guess I’m not an aficionado who knows all things GT/350/500 and beyond…
Great post. You're gonna like it here.

Sponsored
OP
OP

gater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3
I
if you want good leather, Katzkin. Ifyou want good audio, aftermarket. Ford factory is grossly overpriced middling crap. The only way to get Magneride is $10,000 in options. Good (enough) suspension in the form of IRS fixes, Bilstein dampers or the Ford Track pack can be had for $2000 installed.
I'd love to go aftermarket but with previous cars I've had (mazda, nissan) the mfg is looking for a reason to not honor the warranty and will fight you on a fuel pump if you change the suspension. How does Ford handle aftermarket?

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
If your buying new I think adaptive cruise is standard now.

OP
OP

gater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3
depends on the dealer but basically the same.
Hate to hear it but not surprising. Soon everything will be electric and there will be no aftermarket unless you buy a stupid firmware upgrade.
Sponsored