Sponsored

Looking to buy a Bullitt...Oh the Questions...

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
... There are 0 changes from 19 to 20 so if the 19 is cheaper, get it....
I believe the '20s have the FordPass modem either std. or as an option (if that matters to you). My loaded '19 Bullitt doesn't have it, or provision for it. There's a long thread on this on this forum.
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Reading all the comments can be confusing because of varied individual preferences. It has pretty much been decided that if you’re looking to drag race, the stock Bullitt is not a good choice. For an all around driver it’s a great car. I happen to like the tall gearing, but I think I’m in the minority with that preference. The color is a winner and not commonly seen because it is limited to the Bullitt. The exterior features clearly distinguish the Bullitt from regular Mustangs if that is of interest to you. For local cruising and taking trips, the standard seats are comfortable and supportive. If you get the Electronics Package, I think the extra seat amenities alone make it worthwhile. Most folks also consider the MagneRide advantageous. I think overall, you will be pleased if you get the Bullitt model. Happy travels... Bruce

P.S. Just a note of clarification. If you get the Recaro seats, you won’t be able to get the optional seat cooling, heating and memory features that come with the Electronics Package.

Last edited:

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
... I happen to like the tall gearing ...
Keeping in mind the Bullitt rear-end is 3.73, whereas the manual GT is 3.5-something and I think the AT is even taller. Also, the Bullitt gets a Torsen LSD, which I believe is superior--at least in longevity--to the clutch pack type (my '08 Bullitt had a clutch-pack LSD, and I think the plates were shot by 100K miles).

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Just buy one with magneride you,ll love it

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Would like to get around 15 - 18% off but don't know the market for Bullitts. It's an expensive non-Shelby Mustang and dealer
has five 2019's on the lot, so it not like they sell themselves.
Exactly. The dealerships held out hoping someone would pay the markup and it's now biting them in the checkbook. They might not move off of 11% off but it doesn't hurt to offer 18% off and see how (if) they counter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I believe the '20s have the FordPass modem either std. or as an option (if that matters to you). My loaded '19 Bullitt doesn't have it, or provision for it. There's a long thread on this on this forum.
Is that a Wifi hot spot thing?

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi - Reading all the comments can be confusing because of varied individual preferences. It has pretty much been decided that if you’re looking to drag race, the stock Bullitt is not a good choice. For an all around driver it’s a great car. I happen to like the tall gearing, but I think I’m in the minority with that preference. The color is a winner and not commonly seen because it is limited to the Bullitt. The exterior features clearly distinguish the Bullitt from regular Mustangs if that is of interest to you. For local cruising and taking trips, the standard seats are comfortable and supportive. If you get the Electronics Package, I think the extra seat amenities alone make it worthwhile. Most folks also consider the MagneRide advantageous. I think overall, you will be pleased if you get the Bullitt model. Happy travels... Bruce

P.S. Just a note of clarification. If you get the Recaro seats, you won’t be able to get the optional seat cooling, heating and memory features that come with the Electronics Package.
Thanks! Will probably never drag it - just looking for a good spring/summer/fall fun driver for myself. Would not get the Recaros. Had the regular seats in my GT and found them very comfortable but yet supportive.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Exactly. The dealerships held out hoping someone would pay the markup and it's now biting them in the checkbook. They might not move off of 11% off but it doesn't hurt to offer 18% off and see how (if) they counter.
Serves them right...hate the markup practice...I'll see...says they just lowered from MSRP this week so I don't expect them to move too much (if at all) unfortunately.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Well,
Serves them right...hate the markup practice...I'll see...says they just lowered from MSRP this week so I don't expect them to move too much (if at all) unfortunately.
Well, even at 46k, they're probably still making quite a bit of money on these :curse:

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Sponsored

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 VW tiguan
I purchased my 2019 Bullitt number k7656 last month on December 6th. I drove almost 2 hours outside my city to a middle of literally nowhere Ford dealership and talked the dealer from 52k to 38k, not saying it was easy to negotiate it took over 5 hours but well worth it. Deals can be had, I wouldnt waste time dealing with big dealerships in cities they can afford to sit on them.
20191209_142305.jpg

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I purchased my 2019 Bullitt number k7656 last month on December 6th. I drove almost 2 hours outside my city to a middle of literally nowhere Ford dealership and talked the dealer from 52k to 38k, not saying it was easy to negotiate it took over 5 hours but well worth it. Deals can be had, I wouldnt waste time dealing with big dealerships in cities they can afford to sit on them.
20191209_142305.jpg
[/QUOTE. I ordered my 2019 Bullitt K7155 Feb ‘19 and took delivery Jun ‘19. Magna ride, Recaro seats, no electronic pkg. recaros are the best! I paid sticker but no ADM. I love the car! It bothers me a little that Ford decided to make the Bullitt for 2020 which has caused my car to be devalued by approximately 10k. But hey that’s life. If you can get a new Bullitt for 10k under sticker or 5k or even 1k then buy it! It’s worth it. You won’t be disappointed. You either want the car or you don’t. Don’t pussyfoot around.

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mustangmike87 that’s one hell of a deal 52k to 38k. I would call that something like a Jet eye mind trick. Good for you sir. I feel the reason for all the Bullitt discounts now is due to the Baby Boomers, which this car is aimed at and me being one of, have purchased the car. And the two year run. I am a long time Ford lover but have not owned a Mustang since 1984. This car really has it all. It can be a DD, or autocross or track. With a few suspension upgrades like Steeda provides you’re there. Sorry if I am rambling here but I love this car.

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 VW tiguan
Mustangmike87 that’s one hell of a deal 52k to 38k. I would call that something like a Jet eye mind trick. Good for you sir. I feel the reason for all the Bullitt discounts now is due to the Baby Boomers, which this car is aimed at and me being one of, have purchased the car. And the two year run. I am a long time Ford lover but have not owned a Mustang since 1984. This car really has it all. It can be a DD, or autocross or track. With a few suspension upgrades like Steeda provides you’re there. Sorry if I am rambling here but I love this car.
I would say the reasoning why we are seeing discounts on the 2019 Bullitts now is because they are considered carryovers on their inventory sheets, I heard from someone claim dealers wont order 2020 Bullitts until they completely sell or thin out most of their 2019s..I'm not sure if this true I dont work at a dealership. But I can contest that there is alot of wiggle room on negotiating on the price dealers have on their Bullitts. My dealership took a loss on selling me a new Bullitt for 38k but they still make kickbacks. If you or anyone still set on a Bullitt I would search out a 2019 and heavily negotiate, get the new sells manager involved, get the GM involved and explain to them that's it's a carryover model, the depression hit is higher, ask how long it's been sitting at their dealership as ammo to help negotiating much lower and tell the dealer they still get kickbacks through Ford and financing.

BCB06GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
I picked up mine in November from a non local dealer. MSRP was $51,880 and out the door from the dealer (I paid taxes/registration in my state) was $41,800.
Sponsored