Sponsored

Looking to buy a Bullitt...Oh the Questions...

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks,

After about a year of absence from the forum and selling my 2016 GT Premium Auto for a BMW SUV (X3 M40i), I can't deny that I dearly miss the S550 platform, including the V8 & sound.
I was going back and forth on a C7 Corvette but bottom line is my wife is not in support of that (too impractical, too low). We have a small dog and a baby (first) on the way.
She drives a 2018 Mazda CX-5, and in addition, I have a 2007 Ford Ranger, which I'm also thinking to replace with the current Ranger or a Chevy Colorado, so I can transport the baby, as well.

Reasons I let go of my 2016 GT were:
- 6 speed automatic gear box (even with a tune I still wasn't happy with it)
- interior felt/was cheap...cheap plastic on
upper door panel and the drive tunnel (around shifter, cupholders etc.). I did not have the equipment group 401A.
- tiny gauge screen
- did all the modding I wanted (wheels, suspension, exhaust, tune, intake, etc.), still felt like I had a run-of-the-mill GT

Reasons I'm interested in the Bullitt:
- unique and beautiful color, overall clean but bad-ass look, "rarity" (not really, I know, but I don't see them often - at least not where I live...tons of Ecoboosts and fewer GTs)
- no need/desire to customize (maybe just H-pipe and short shifter...maybe)
- manual (used to drive sticks only until I got lazy...miss it)
- addresses/fixes all the reasons I got rid of my 2016

Next steps:
- test drive
- if I decide its the one for me, trying to get a good deal. My local dealership has 5(!) 2019 DHG in stock (so much to the rarity aspect, haha). 3 have the normal seats
which is what I would want. They all have the Electronics Package and Mag Ride. They sticker for 51,485 and dealer offers them for 46k, which is about 11% off.
No idea if that would be a good deal? Would like to get around 15 - 18% off but don't know the market for Bullitts. It's an expensive non-Shelby Mustang and dealer
has five 2019's on the lot, so it not like they sell themselves.

Thank you in advance for your help!
For what it's worth I go to 2 Cars & Coffee meets, been going for a year & I'm the only Bullitt ever there. So if you want something unique, seek the Bullitt!
Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I went to the Sacramento Mustang and Ford show in Aug 19. I had the only Bullitt in the 300 car show. A lot of nice modded mustangs....they loved the Bullitt. Not modded by hand...but a damn nice car.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
sorta gonna piggy back on here but i too am looking.

can someone give me some insight on this carfax? the 19 Bullitt only has 255 miles, but two owners, where the first was listed as "commercial?"

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...11M-3LiB7XWRur85RqeFWg4c0dVsmOCTqnCpore2rGFfs

worth a look or move on?
PM, I am looking to buy a house and might be interested in selling my Bullitt if you have cash. Only 2k miles. Modesta ceramic coated from the dealer. Priorities getting old sucks. Florida car too.

Sponsored

hotrod21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
I've also been on the Bullitt train for some time now debating whether to buy used or new.

I found a used one with the specs I want and 2.5k miles for $38k which I think is a really good price.
https://www.lonestarchevrolet.com/V...ustang-Bullitt_Fastback-Houston-TX/3595662073

I've gotten an Oasis report for the car and it shows no repairs. I'm hesitant when I think why someone would trade in at that low mileage and wonder if all they did was burn outs at every red light.

I passed on a new Bullitt with same specs for $40.5k when the dealer tried to pull some shady practices on me a couple of weeks ago. Appreciate any advice on the topic.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I've also been on the Bullitt train for some time now debating whether to buy used or new.

I found a used one with the specs I want and 2.5k miles for $38k which I think is a really good price.
https://www.lonestarchevrolet.com/V...ustang-Bullitt_Fastback-Houston-TX/3595662073

I've gotten an Oasis report for the car and it shows no repairs. I'm hesitant when I think why someone would trade in at that low mileage and wonder if all they did was burn outs at every red light.

I passed on a new Bullitt with same specs for $40.5k when the dealer tried to pull some shady practices on me a couple of weeks ago. Appreciate any advice on the topic.
Hi - If it meets your needs, that’s a nice savings and you still have the warranty. I bough a 7 year old Corvette with 8,700 miles on it in the late ‘90s, had it for 20 years, 50,000 miles and no problems even though there was no warranty. I traded it toward my Bullitt last spring. If you can reduce front end depreciation that’s more power to you... Bruce

hotrod21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Hi - If it meets your needs, that’s a nice savings and you still have the warranty. I bough a 7 year old Corvette with 8,700 miles on it in the late ‘90s, had it for 20 years, 50,000 miles and no problems even though there was no warranty. I traded it toward my Bullitt last spring. If you can reduce front end depreciation that’s more power to you... Bruce
Thanks Bruce! That was my thinking too. There's definitely some $ value to being the first owner and breaking in the engine correctly.

But to your point, I bought my first Mustang with 42k miles on it and it's at 90k miles now with no serious mechanical issues.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Don't get me wrong, I really like the 2019 Bullitt and have thought about trading into one, but I don't feel that it's a worthwhile decision for me right now.

That said, if I could trade my 2018 GT for a clean and low mileage 2008-09 Bullitt, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I had one. and you would die for the lack of power if those things put out after owning an 18 GT.

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Starting to consider base 18s with low miles. They can be had for in the mid 20s. that's about a 20k price difference. Thought of the Bullitt as my keep-long-term car but don't really trust myself. Am on vehicle number 3 within 5 years :facepalm: I'm a hot mess.
As long as you're not on divorce number 3 you're fine.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
December was the time to jump on a deal. There was a dealer in Houston that had so many Bullitts left over, they were letting them go new w/ Magneride and Electronics Package for $35k. I was SO close to biting but held out and ended up going the GT350 route instead. There are still some solid deals to be had though!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There was a dealer in Houston that had so many Bullitts left over, they were letting them go new w/ Magneride and Electronics Package for $35k
and you posted here to let us all know?

DSNOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
For anybody keeping track of purchase prices and trends, here is my deal from Saturday. Electronics package, magne-ride, recaros and a way overpriced car cover- msrp $53,475, I got for $42,995 + ttl.
Sponsored