Sponsored

Looking to buy a Bullitt...Oh the Questions...

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi folks,

After about a year of absence from the forum and selling my 2016 GT Premium Auto for a BMW SUV (X3 M40i), I can't deny that I dearly miss the S550 platform, including the V8 & sound.
I was going back and forth on a C7 Corvette but bottom line is my wife is not in support of that (too impractical, too low). We have a small dog and a baby (first) on the way.
She drives a 2018 Mazda CX-5, and in addition, I have a 2007 Ford Ranger, which I'm also thinking to replace with the current Ranger or a Chevy Colorado, so I can transport the baby, as well.

Reasons I let go of my 2016 GT were:
- 6 speed automatic gear box (even with a tune I still wasn't happy with it)
- interior felt/was cheap...cheap plastic on
upper door panel and the drive tunnel (around shifter, cupholders etc.). I did not have the equipment group 401A.
- tiny gauge screen
- did all the modding I wanted (wheels, suspension, exhaust, tune, intake, etc.), still felt like I had a run-of-the-mill GT

Reasons I'm interested in the Bullitt:
- unique and beautiful color, overall clean but bad-ass look, "rarity" (not really, I know, but I don't see them often - at least not where I live...tons of Ecoboosts and fewer GTs)
- no need/desire to customize (maybe just H-pipe and short shifter...maybe)
- manual (used to drive sticks only until I got lazy...miss it)
- addresses/fixes all the reasons I got rid of my 2016

Next steps:
- test drive
- if I decide its the one for me, trying to get a good deal. My local dealership has 5(!) 2019 DHG in stock (so much to the rarity aspect, haha). 3 have the normal seats
which is what I would want. They all have the Electronics Package and Mag Ride. They sticker for 51,485 and dealer offers them for 46k, which is about 11% off.
No idea if that would be a good deal? Would like to get around 15 - 18% off but don't know the market for Bullitts. It's an expensive non-Shelby Mustang and dealer
has five 2019's on the lot, so it not like they sell themselves.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Bullitts are sitting partly because Ford made almost 9000 for 2019 and there are now 2020's hitting the lots. You can probably get a little more off, but not a lot more. There are 0 changes from 19 to 20 so if the 19 is cheaper, get it.

I love my car, honestly biggest issue for me is the long gearing, but I plan to get a 4.09/4.11 or 4.30 to fix that. It's been a great daily so far.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I sold my 16 Gt/CS for the Bullitt. not sure if it’s just the Bullitt or the 2018 refresh but the interior definitely feels nicer. I picked up mine for 10,000 off sticker, so there are definitely deals to be had.
I’ve had mine for around 2 months now and still feel like it was a big upgrade over my 16. Amazing DD and just gives me the special fizz feeling when I drive it. My 16 had wheels/tires , full exhaust, and random exterior mods and I still had that “run of the mill” Gt feeling you described.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Bullitts are sitting partly because Ford made almost 9000 for 2019 and there are now 2020's hitting the lots. You can probably get a little more off, but not a lot more. There are 0 changes from 19 to 20 so if the 19 is cheaper, get it.

I love my car, honestly biggest issue for me is the long gearing, but I plan to get a 4.09/4.11 or 4.30 to fix that. It's been a great daily so far.
Thanks for your feedback! Is the tall gearing that bad for normal driving? You just going to swap out the rear end and get a tune?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Thanks for your feedback! Is the tall gearing that bad for normal driving? You just going to swap out the rear end and get a tune?
its not bad, I'm just used to the shorter gearing in my 2003 Mach1 with its 4.10 so I prefer it. I'm going to hold off on a tune for a bit. Mostly doing suspension stuff right now. Going to wait till I know the engines got a few years under its belt before voiding its warranty. :-)

Sponsored

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I sold my 16 Gt/CS for the Bullitt. not sure if it’s just the Bullitt or the 2018 refresh but the interior definitely feels nicer. I picked up mine for 10,000 off sticker, so there are definitely deals to be had.
I’ve had mine for around 2 months now and still feel like it was a big upgrade over my 16. Amazing DD and just gives me the special fizz feeling when I drive it. My 16 had wheels/tires , full exhaust, and random exterior mods and I still had that “run of the mill” Gt feeling you described.
Wow, 10k off sticker is fantastic! How did you pull that off?

Funny you had the exact same experience I had with modding the 16. So the center console/tunnel is soft touch "plastic" now, right? And the knee bolsters are leather wrapped? How about the top of the door inserts (where you can rest your arm on)? Is that also softer now?

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
its not bad, I'm just used to the shorter gearing in my 2003 Mach1 with its 4.10 so I prefer it. I'm going to hold off on a tune for a bit. Mostly doing suspension stuff right now. Going to wait till I know the engines got a few years under its belt before voiding its warranty. :-)
Good point :-) So you're not 100% happy with the Mag Ride?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Wow, 10k off sticker is fantastic! How did you pull that off?

Funny you had the exact same experience I had with modding the 16. So the center console/tunnel is soft touch "plastic" now, right? And the knee bolsters are leather wrapped? How about the top of the door inserts (where you can rest your arm on)? Is that also softer now?
They already had it a few thousand off and I was a few hours away. Told them if they make it an even ten off I’ll give them my credit card for deposit right then. They are a high volume dealer so not making the few extra bucks on something that’s taking up space didn’t matter.
I want to say yes all that is soft or at least feels nicer.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
They already had it a few thousand off and I was a few hours away. Told them if they make it an even ten off I’ll give them my credit card for deposit right then. They are a high volume dealer so not making the few extra bucks on something that’s taking up space didn’t matter.
I want to say yes all that is soft or at least feels nicer.
Thanks, sounds good :-)

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I really like driving the Bullitt, it is our favorite "road trip" car. I haven't noticed the gearing being long but it doesn't rev fast and high like the Boss or GT350. That said, I think that's why I road trip with it.

Sponsored

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
I traded my 2018 10spd GT for a Bullitt and even that the cars are identical I love the Bullitt a lot more. Color and the manual is fun. It sounds better and you dont see many of them on the road. Enjoying it a lot more than I enjoyed my GT.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Hi folks,

After about a year of absence from the forum and selling my 2016 GT Premium Auto for a BMW SUV (X3 M40i), I can't deny that I dearly miss the S550 platform, including the V8 & sound.
I was going back and forth on a C7 Corvette but bottom line is my wife is not in support of that (too impractical, too low). We have a small dog and a baby (first) on the way.
She drives a 2018 Mazda CX-5, and in addition, I have a 2007 Ford Ranger, which I'm also thinking to replace with the current Ranger or a Chevy Colorado, so I can transport the baby, as well.

Reasons I let go of my 2016 GT were:
- 6 speed automatic gear box (even with a tune I still wasn't happy with it)
- interior felt/was cheap...cheap plastic on
upper door panel and the drive tunnel (around shifter, cupholders etc.). I did not have the equipment group 401A.
- tiny gauge screen
- did all the modding I wanted (wheels, suspension, exhaust, tune, intake, etc.), still felt like I had a run-of-the-mill GT

Reasons I'm interested in the Bullitt:
- unique and beautiful color, overall clean but bad-ass look, "rarity" (not really, I know, but I don't see them often - at least not where I live...tons of Ecoboosts and fewer GTs)
- no need/desire to customize (maybe just H-pipe and short shifter...maybe)
- manual (used to drive sticks only until I got lazy...miss it)
- addresses/fixes all the reasons I got rid of my 2016

Next steps:
- test drive
- if I decide its the one for me, trying to get a good deal. My local dealership has 5(!) 2019 DHG in stock (so much to the rarity aspect, haha). 3 have the normal seats
which is what I would want. They all have the Electronics Package and Mag Ride. They sticker for 51,485 and dealer offers them for 46k, which is about 11% off.
No idea if that would be a good deal? Would like to get around 15 - 18% off but don't know the market for Bullitts. It's an expensive non-Shelby Mustang and dealer
has five 2019's on the lot, so it not like they sell themselves.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Good deal at 46 k. Great car at that price.
A auto gt is faster....pp2 handles better.
Did a h pipe...perfect sound. Liked the short gears my 15 gt pp had. But the motor has such range....20 to 75 in 2nd....50 to 110 in 3rd.
Must get the magnaride! Far better than normal suspension. Really works!
Love the exhaust.....bad ass.
For me it can cruise the river roads....hammer on the curves..
Oh yea...the paint! Beautifull.
Not a 1/4 car...need an auto.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Good deal at 46 k. Great car at that price.
A auto gt is faster....pp2 handles better.
Did a h pipe...perfect sound. Liked the short gears my 15 gt pp had. But the motor has such range....20 to 75 in 2nd....50 to 110 in 3rd.
Must get the magnaride! Far better than normal suspension. Really works!
Love the exhaust.....bad ass.
For me it can cruise the river roads....hammer on the curves..
Oh yea...the paint! Beautifull.
Not a 1/4 car...need an auto.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Did hwy 36 in Ca .....1811 curves in 140 mi. Did 650 mi in a day. Most on curves. I was damn tired. The car was perfect.
Sponsored