Sponsored

Looking to buy a 2018 GT350R before the years end

NFA Review Channel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 MB E300, 2017 Aprilia Tuono 1100 factory, 2016 HD Sportster 48, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2014 Tundra TRD
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been stricken by the thought of owning a GT350R. It has consumed me. I have the funds now but will have even more by the end of the year so I can splurge and not feel irresponsible by spending this much money lol. It should help when negotiating a dealer dead set on ADM's as well.

I'm also willing to wait and see what the 2018 GT500 ends up being and again, if it doesn't tickle my fancy, the 2018 R's should be easy to snag at sticker.

I've yet to even see a R in person. I've seen two base GT350's in passing and instantly knew what they were on sound alone. I've watched every damn video and review on the car and know what I want. Now the hard part is what color!

Any FL boys in here close to Tampa? I'd love to grab a beer on me and hitch a ride in a R if you have one in the mean time :)
Sponsored

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
The 2019 GT500, with ADM, and there will be ADM, is likely to be north of $100k ;(

OP
OP
NFA Review Channel

NFA Review Channel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 MB E300, 2017 Aprilia Tuono 1100 factory, 2016 HD Sportster 48, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2014 Tundra TRD
The 2019 GT500, with ADM, and there will be ADM, is likely to be north of $100k ;(
Yeah I figured, and while I love all makes and models and have owned a Mach1 back in the day, I'll never pay 100K for a Mustang. For that kind of money you open the doors to Supercars. That being said, I have no problem for what the R commands at sticker. I think it's an amazing machine for the money and Ford should be proud of what the accomplished.

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I figured, and while I love all makes and models and have owned a Mach1 back in the day, I'll never pay 100K for a Mustang. For that kind of money you open the doors to Supercars. That being said, I have no problem for what the R commands at sticker. I think it's an amazing machine for the money and Ford should be proud of what the accomplished.
Technically, if the GT500 comes out with 700hp+, which it will, and if it has equal or better track performance/handling as the GT350R, which Ford said it will, then I'd definitely count it as a supercar.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Technically, if the GT500 comes out with 700hp+, which it will, and if it has equal or better track performance/handling as the GT350R, which Ford said it will, then I'd definitely count it as a supercar.
No Mustang will ever be a supercar, period. The Ford GT is a supercar. The Mustang GTXXX is a Mustang. It is barely considered a "sports car" based on the literal definition of a 2 seat coupe.

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been stricken by the thought of owning a GT350R. It has consumed me. I have the funds now but will have even more by the end of the year so I can splurge and not feel irresponsible by spending this much money lol. It should help when negotiating a dealer dead set on ADM's as well.

I'm also willing to wait and see what the 2018 GT500 ends up being and again, if it doesn't tickle my fancy, the 2018 R's should be easy to snag at sticker.

I've yet to even see a R in person. I've seen two base GT350's in passing and instantly knew what they were on sound alone. I've watched every damn video and review on the car and know what I want. Now the hard part is what color!

Any FL boys in here close to Tampa? I'd love to grab a beer on me and hitch a ride in a R if you have one in the mean time :)
You should check out the used market. Seems to be softening into the mid to high 60s.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fs-2017-gt350r-oxford-white-no-stripe.106586/

There are a couple in the classifieds to check out.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You should check out the used market. Seems to be softening into the mid to high 60s.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fs-2017-gt350r-oxford-white-no-stripe.106586/

There are a couple in the classifieds to check out.
The used market has softened. I have my R listed in the classifieds on this forum priced at $67k. 2500 miles, extra wheels mounted. Not one bite, offer or PM. Best trade offers I have received are mid $50s. I may be wrong, but I can see a new 19 R going for a tick BELOW MSRP by time the production run ends. There are still tons of 18s out there. I think by continuing into 19 with the R Ford has taken some of the value out of it. Especially with the 19 350 being upgraded.

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
I have seen your threads on Arfcom and watched your NFA reviews on the Tube. Good luck in you search...the itch is worth the scratch!

Sponsored

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang will ever be a supercar, period. The Ford GT is a supercar. The Mustang GTXXX is a Mustang. It is barely considered a "sports car" based on the literal definition of a 2 seat coupe.
Is the Nissan GTR a supercar?

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Is the Nissan GTR a supercar?
It's half and half... fits the "no low end models, performance on par with rivals, etc." but doesn't have the same cache that the other brands do, doesn't have the same level of refinement, presence etc. I would still consider it to be a sports car as opposed to a supercar, but it is certainly closer to that end of the spectrum than the Mustang is.

OP
OP
NFA Review Channel

NFA Review Channel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I have seen your threads on Arfcom and watched your NFA reviews on the Tube. Good luck in you search...the itch is worth the scratch!
Thanks for watching! Yeah It's taking everything in my power not to pull the trigger now lol.

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
The used market has softened. I have my R listed in the classifieds on this forum priced at $67k. 2500 miles, extra wheels mounted. Not one bite, offer or PM. Best trade offers I have received are mid $50s. I may be wrong, but I can see a new 19 R going for a tick BELOW MSRP by time the production run ends. There are still tons of 18s out there. I think by continuing into 19 with the R Ford has taken some of the value out of it. Especially with the 19 350 being upgraded.
I feel for you sir, but that news could not be better for those of us who have been waiting it out. I'm sorta giddy.

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
NFA, Bill Currie ford on Dale Mabry had a GT350 and a GT350R in their show room last week. I looked at both of them while i waited for the rain to stop while i was riding my Harley.
You should stop by and take a look.
Sponsored