Looking to add a sub to base Radio 2019 GT

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
So far im enjoying my GT but one thing i miss is the audio system on my Scion Xb. Being off work for atleast a month due to covid19, I figured id start on getting everything together to add a sub to my GT with base radio.

I currently own :
DSP : LC2i
Amplifier : Kicker Dx1000.1
Subwoofer : SSA XCON 12
BOX/Enclosure : 2.25 cubes at 32hz & 2.7 cubes at 30 hz. whatever sounds best il use.

I do need some 4 gage wire still, and maybe a T harness for the base radio. My question is? does the radio have bass roll off and what channels are best for signal to a subwoofer? How well do these cars take 1000 watts plus of amp draw? Also as a side note I noticed that on my base system the speaker cones are poly and the magnets are bigger than the paper ones im seeing in youtube videos in older stangs? Im curious if ford did upgrade these speakers as i don't mind the sound with the right eq at the moment. Understand this is a toy so im not going all out just want to jam out when i dont want to drive fast.
20190406_201125.jpg
20190406_201131.jpg
20200406_164714.jpg
20191106_162828.jpg
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Did you ever get an answer from anyone?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Well, those questions were answered at least a hundred times in this forum.
Yes, the base system has a base roll-off. You need Forscan to remove the EQ from the speakers, and no, you cannot selectively turn the EQ off for front and/or rear. The setting within the ACM is an all or nothing setting.

With this information (ForScan, remove EQ, ACM) it should be fairly easy to find the necessary answers to your problem within seconds when doing a search on this forum.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
DSR1

Sponsored

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Well, those questions were answered at least a hundred times in this forum.
Yes, the base system has a base roll-off. You need Forscan to remove the EQ from the speakers, and no, you cannot selectively turn the EQ off for front and/or rear. The setting within the ACM is an all or nothing setting.

With this information (ForScan, remove EQ, ACM) it should be fairly easy to find the necessary answers to your problem within seconds when doing a search on this forum.
That was only 1 of my questions that I had a clue about. But due to the fact that the speakers are different from the 15-17 model (they're poly cones not paper, bigger magnet) I didn't know how much has changed with the software tuning. (if there's less bass roll off now) As for the alternator output.. I was asking how well the car takes 100 amps of amplifier draw because these cars have a pcm smart charge thing going on and I don't want to fry equipment. I get the use of the search function but it can be tedious going through 20 pages on a post to "hopefully find an answer"

As much as forscan would help I'm more than likely just gonna use a DSP. I own a lc2i but that new kicker Dsp looks tempting..

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Okay, here's what I've experienced. Starting with the wifes 19 fusion, we replaced the speakers and that was of little help. I researched audio till I was sick of reading. I then got forscan setup and removed the EQ rolloff from the factory. That made a huge improvement more so than the speakers. Well I have a complete system in the garage ready to go in the mustang. After I removed the factory EQ with forscan the system sounds so good I'm in no hurry to go further. You will get much better results from using forscan than you will with all that expensive equipment that is trying to put back what the programming has removed. Just do it. Here's a link to the best info I've found. https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/how-to-fix-factory-audio.14905/

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
That was only 1 of my questions that I had a clue about. But due to the fact that the speakers are different from the 15-17 model (they're poly cones not paper, bigger magnet) I didn't know how much has changed with the software tuning. (if there's less bass roll off now) As for the alternator output.. I was asking how well the car takes 100 amps of amplifier draw because these cars have a pcm smart charge thing going on and I don't want to fry equipment. I get the use of the search function but it can be tedious going through 20 pages on a post to "hopefully find an answer"

As much as forscan would help I'm more than likely just gonna use a DSP. I own a lc2i but that new kicker Dsp looks tempting..
Well, Ford was constantly changing the speakers even in the same model year. To me it looks like they put in into the car whatever they had at hand at the time.
100 Amps shouldn't be much of a problem. The battery management system can be disabled, so the alternater behaves just like in the old days.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Okay, here's what I've experienced. Starting with the wifes 19 fusion, we replaced the speakers and that was of little help. I researched audio till I was sick of reading. I then got forscan setup and removed the EQ rolloff from the factory. That made a huge improvement more so than the speakers. Well I have a complete system in the garage ready to go in the mustang. After I removed the factory EQ with forscan the system sounds so good I'm in no hurry to go further. You will get much better results from using forscan than you will with all that expensive equipment that is trying to put back what the programming has removed. Just do it. Here's a link to the best info I've found. https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/how-to-fix-factory-audio.14905/
Thanks! Il look into that.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Well, Ford was constantly changing the speakers even in the same model year. To me it looks like they put in into the car whatever they had at hand at the time.
100 Amps shouldn't be much of a problem. The battery management system can be disabled, so the alternater behaves just like in the old days.
That's odd but I suppose it makes sense they'd do that. Il have to consider looking into that as well. But then again 100 amps is the peak draw I would be seeing so I probably will be okay with adding a second battery in the trunk.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
So here's an update: Made some changes to what I'll run. I have 85 percent of equipment I need so far.

Kicker Key 200.4
Kicker keyloc DSP
Kicker dx 1000.1
SSA F8L 8'in With Pine box tuned to 32 Hz.
T Harness
Wire, etc..

New question is, Id love to put the 4 channel amp up front along with DSP. Is there space in the Base non premium model in the drivers kick panel to mount these amps? Also, does the Base model have power at fuse location #5(Subwoofer) or fuse #27 (Amplifier) . Id love to use a fuse tap for the Kicker Key Amp as it only calls for 20 amps.
20200822_104342.jpg

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Since it sounds as if you have the 4ā€ screen, 6-speaker setup, you might want to go with a Rockford Fosgate DSR-1 with the new DFO2 t-harness. The DFO2 harness is supposed to remove the factory EQ and bass roll-off without using Forscan. Iā€™d return the Keylok if you go this route. Iā€™d also bypass the Key 200.4ā€™s processing, as the DSR1 will provide all of the processing.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have done the factory eq removal on 3 new Ford's we have purchased with forscan. I highly recommend it. I've done it on 2 base equipped cars and one premium 9 speaker car and the difference is amazing. It's not worth a $300 dsp to restore what is actually already there. A dsp will improve the quality of the sound. But it can do a much better job when it starts with a proper signal. I tried an introductory dsp from audio dynamics in my base gt and am really impressed with the outcome. Intro is over and even at the full $200 they are going for now, I'd definitely use it again. And it was small enough to stash in the dash behind the apim and screen. Adjusts with Bluetooth app.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Since it sounds as if you have the 4ā€ screen, 6-speaker setup, you might want to go with a Rockford Fosgate DSR-1 with the new DFO2 t-harness. The DFO2 harness is supposed to remove the factory EQ and bass roll-off without using Forscan. Iā€™d return the Keylok if you go this route. Iā€™d also bypass the Key 200.4ā€™s processing, as the DSR1 will provide all of the processing.
They both were a gift so I can't return them unfortunately. So with that being said I plan on using what I have even if the results aren't the best I could possibly achieve.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I have done the factory eq removal on 3 new Ford's we have purchased with forscan. I highly recommend it. I've done it on 2 base equipped cars and one premium 9 speaker car and the difference is amazing. It's not worth a $300 dsp to restore what is actually already there. A dsp will improve the quality of the sound. But it can do a much better job when it starts with a proper signal. I tried an introductory dsp from audio dynamics in my base gt and am really impressed with the outcome. Intro is over and even at the full $200 they are going for now, I'd definitely use it again. And it was small enough to stash in the dash behind the apim and screen. Adjusts with Bluetooth app.
I was going for that route with forscan (doing research so far) but received the key amp and keyloc unexpected as a gift so I can't return it unfortunately.
Sponsored