Sponsored

Looking into doing meth injection, on my D1x Procharger set up.

Those of you that have meth now, are you using it for cooling or fuel and cooling with timing added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Looking at this kit:

Looks like a great kit, I like the nozzles a lot. The push loc hose is always a bit sketchy, but it should hold up decently if installed with good placement.
I street tuned mine with my dragy and picked up a few tenths 60-130 when the settings were finally right. I think mine starts at 3 psi and hits full spray at 8psi. I’d recommend picking up a dragy ($130 ish) to get it dialed right, makes it a lot easier
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
@Chris Barnes was running meth on stage 2 p1x if I recall due to the region being octane limited and extremely hot at times. He may have some anecdotal info to share on the setup.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yep, I'm running an Alky Control meth system. Currently running twin nozzles on crap Arizona 91 octane. Lund does the tuning, but is NOT removing fuel from the tune. Simply letting the O2 sensors remove the necessary fuel when the methanol system adds. I'm getting at least 5 degrees more spark advance on a very simple and safe setup. I'm running the GT350 intake tube, and I have both nozzles plumbed just after the MAF sensor prior to the TB. I'm running an IAT breakout sensor and have it plumbed in the #8 intake runner for tuning reference.
81AD5411-A41F-4BEF-844E-C7D8A113CC64.jpeg
B8D67E3C-2483-4F1A-99D3-77024DDC0DDE.jpeg
B8D67E3C-2483-4F1A-99D3-77024DDC0DDE.jpeg
8999246F-3CFD-49B4-AD27-9DCE95BBB3D9.jpeg
72703E4B-4E58-4521-8CDB-F0CC2DA36E12.jpeg
72703E4B-4E58-4521-8CDB-F0CC2DA36E12.jpeg

3209F88E-5580-42C8-AFCE-2FE4D6C15A36.jpeg

Last edited:

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Also worth noting is that I pretty much learned everything I know about methanol systems on these cars from fellow forum member "ahl395". Be sure to check out his contributions as they are substantial and really helped me get my system put together and sorted out.

S550AC11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
17 PP GT
Also worth noting is that I pretty much learned everything I know about methanol systems on these cars from fellow forum member "ahl395". Be sure to check out his contributions as they are substantial and really helped me get my system put together and sorted out.
How much additional power did you make on methanol? Nice setup!

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ok if you’re water/meth system fails you probably caused it. 99% of failures install or owner error.
I don’t understand why you would add torco if you have meth.
Water/meth provides the same benefits as e85. It is 99.5% as good as e85 actually. But you can still get fuel anywhere and you you don’t have to have as much injectior. You can run it for the cool iat’s or the octane boost or both.
Tuners don’t like it because people are stupid. So if they ignore the big flashing light that says their low on meth they could blow the engine. It’s not the meth that tuners don’t like it the customer Hass to be responsible for it. They can’t tune you out of being retarded.
You can buy a breakout harness for like $100 or you can make one for five dollars. I have a snow performance 2.5 progressive system on my procharge coyote. Because I live in Califuckya and 2 hours from e85. So it works great for me, 2 years on this car and two other cars had it. Even used it on a N/A nitrous car. Works great.

Don’t listen to your high school teacher, meth is your friend

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Ok if you’re water/meth system fails you probably caused it. 99% of failures install or owner error.
I don’t understand why you would add torco if you have meth.
Water/meth provides the same benefits as e85. It is 99.5% as good as e85 actually. But you can still get fuel anywhere and you you don’t have to have as much injectior. You can run it for the cool iat’s or the octane boost or both.
Tuners don’t like it because people are stupid. So if they ignore the big flashing light that says their low on meth they could blow the engine. It’s not the meth that tuners don’t like it the customer Hass to be responsible for it. They can’t tune you out of being retarded.
You can buy a breakout harness for like $100 or you can make one for five dollars. I have a snow performance 2.5 progressive system on my procharge coyote. Because I live in Califuckya and 2 hours from e85. So it works great for me, 2 years on this car and two other cars had it. Even used it on a N/A nitrous car. Works great.

Don’t listen to your high school teacher, meth is your friend
Unless you're running a direct port meth injection setup, how can it be anywhere near as good as E85? With E85, your getting roughly the same amount of E85 cylinder to cylinder through either port, or port and direct injection. A single or dual nozzle meth kit sprayed into the mouth of the manifold is giving who knows what amount of meth to each cylinder.

There is an entire engine masters episode showing just how poorly the distribution is in an LS manifold. I would bet a Coyote manifold is just as bad.

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
How does this work on a PD blower then? The meth itself will be compressed as it will be sprayed before the TB and before the blower itself. Direct port would be different I understand, but I’m not that committed race car ish...
I would assume the volume required would be much less since it is going to be compressed. Or do I even have a clue??

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
GM guys are using it because they have DI only. then they have to open the block up to put more/or larger di lobes on the cam. Meth injection in a cheaper way of getting lower IAT more Octane and lower cylinder temps. however it's better not to use it for fueling. it's better to use it for the IAT cooling and the cylinder cooling.

I use prometh kit on my edelbrock

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How does this work on a PD blower then? The meth itself will be compressed as it will be sprayed before the TB and before the blower itself. Direct port would be different I understand, but I’m not that committed race car ish...
I would assume the volume required would be much less since it is going to be compressed. Or do I even have a clue??
You can't compress a liquid. If you are using a TVS the compression doesn't happen in the rotors, it happens in the case. More available air to the engine. In the Case of a twin screw, compression happens in the rotors which may give you better sealing and more boost as a byproduct.

The volume sprayed needs to be large if your not going to have the lid of the eb drilled for the nozzles. You have to go through the rotors, intercooler, then down back to the cylinders. so a lot of the meth/water would be used for cooling.

you can tap the tb adapter on the eb... keep the water out the tb, so none of it is lost on the TB.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
You can't compress a liquid. If you are using a TVS the compression doesn't happen in the rotors, it happens in the case. More available air to the engine. In the Case of a twin screw, compression happens in the rotors which may give you better sealing and more boost as a byproduct.

The volume sprayed needs to be large if your not going to have the lid of the eb drilled for the nozzles. You have to go through the rotors, intercooler, then down back to the cylinders. so a lot of the meth/water would be used for cooling.

you can tap the tb adapter on the eb... keep the water out the tb, so none of it is lost on the TB.
thanks. I have the EB as well. The TB spacer idea sounds good. I’m not following you as far as removing the cover goes. Any pics of this? What kit are you using with the EB? Tell me more lol!!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Who says you cant use it safely with a coyote?

Due to E85 getting hard to find by me. I am actually going to be putting together a "turn key" system that will work on my car, and have some safety measures in place :)

Literally can't wait... so I can enjoy the extra 100HP, without having to search for gas stations. :)
(meaning the extra 100hp, without changing the pulley on the blower either)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
GM guys have issues supplying fuel on their DI motors. DI parts are expensive, auxiliary port injection is expensive, cam with big fuel lobe is expensive......$600 meth kit isn’t and you can just size up the nozzle or add a second nozzle.

I tuned a GM car for 2 years that had (4) nozzles lol. Cause it was stock cam, stock injectors making freaking 1000 wheel LOL. I am SO happy that car is now just massive DI injectors and no meth, and no port. (makes 1,262 wheel now)

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I tuned a GM car for 2 years that had (4) nozzles lol. Cause it was stock cam, stock injectors making freaking 1000 wheel LOL. I am SO happy that car is now just massive DI injectors and no meth, and no port. (makes 1,262 wheel now)
1262 wheel not bad. Not quite coyote / f1a94 power, but not bad. LOL

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
1262 wheel not bad. Not quite coyote / f1a94 power, but not bad. LOL
Well, stock motor... so I wasn't to sad about it. LOL
Sponsored