Sponsored

Looking into doing meth injection, on my D1x Procharger set up.

Those of you that have meth now, are you using it for cooling or fuel and cooling with timing added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I put together my kit for 300 bucks. Maybe a little less. Works well in hot environment. I haven’t used near 100% meth. Roughly 50/50. And it’s just to control the temps a bit.
Sponsored

Twenty4/7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 RR GT500
meth has its place. especially in DI cars with tapped out fuel systems. but when you start dumping a shit load of meth in the intake pipe (multiple nozzles ect) to stretch your fuel system too far each cylinder is not getting an even amount and can blow some stuff up quick. the new supras this was the go to plan at first and now most of/if not all of the fast cars have port injection to run e85.

using it responsibly can add a nice chunk of power over 93. so if thats your plan it should work fine.

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I'm running the AIS (Prometh) 3 gallon trunk mount kit on my 12 GT. It has dual 16gph nozzles and an AEM controller. This setup is to cool IAT's only as Lund will not adjust for meth.

@Dominant1 Why not swing by VP fuels in Newark and get some c85? Get a second tune for c85 to use for the dyno and track. Then revert back to pump for the daily stuff.
You would pick up 75-150whp on the fuel switch and pulley change.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running the AIS (Prometh) 3 gallon trunk mount kit on my 12 GT. It has dual 16gph nozzles and an AEM controller. This setup is to cool IAT's only as Lund will not adjust for meth.

@Dominant1 Why not swing by VP fuels in Newark and get some c85? Get a second tune for c85 to use for the dyno and track. Then revert back to pump for the daily stuff.
You would pick up 75-150whp on the fuel switch and pulley change.
I've bought c-10 from there before, its their high octane unleaded fuel. Its $90 bux for 5 gallons now, but c-85 is $62 alot cheaper but then i gotta flash the tunes back and forth etc..... It would be more expensive then meth...with meth all i gotta do is keep the tank full and i'm good everywhere street or track...

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I've bought c-10 from there before, its their high octane unleaded fuel. Its $90 bux for 5 gallons now, but c-85 is $62 alot cheaper but then i gotta flash the tunes back and forth etc..... It would be more expensive then meth...with meth all i gotta do is keep the tank full and i'm good everywhere street or track...
I can see that being a pain in the butt for a daily driven car.

Does the 15-17 Procharger kits have the MAF in the intercooler? If so, relocate the IAT sensor to the charge pipe or intake manifold so the ecu can see the methanol kit working. In the event of an issue with the meth system the IAT's go up and the ecu pulls timing.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
And meth is lik 250 bux for a 55 gal drum, then you cut it with distilled water..... Lots of mileage outta the stuff cuz it only activates in boost. I would personally prefer to run meth in the tank but I need another tune.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Unless you're running a direct port meth injection setup, how can it be anywhere near as good as E85? With E85, your getting roughly the same amount of E85 cylinder to cylinder through either port, or port and direct injection. A single or dual nozzle meth kit sprayed into the mouth of the manifold is giving who knows what amount of meth to each cylinder.

There is an entire engine masters episode showing just how poorly the distribution is in an LS manifold. I would bet a Coyote manifold is just as bad.
And that is a very good reason not to put the nozzle in the wrong spot like in front of the T/B

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Due to E85 getting hard to find by me. I am actually going to be putting together a "turn key" system that will work on my car, and have some safety measures in place :)

Literally can't wait... so I can enjoy the extra 100HP, without having to search for gas stations. :)
(meaning the extra 100hp, without changing the pulley on the blower either)
Pulley down and get 150hp

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
And that is a very good reason not to put the nozzle in the wrong spot like in front of the T/B
Where are you going to put a single or dual nozzle system to get even distribution to all cylinders?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Does the 15-17 Procharger kits have the MAF in the intercooler? If so, relocate the IAT sensor to the charge pipe or intake manifold so the ecu can see the methanol kit working. In the event of an issue with the meth system the IAT's go up and the ecu pulls timing.
I haven’t seen the exact location of the MAF on the Maf in tube setups but it might not have enough room to atomize before hitting the maf. I spray on the passenger side elbow and the IAT is just passed the TB in the manifold.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Not only daily driven but its also my only car..yes my maf is in the intercooler.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Ok if you’re water/meth system fails you probably caused it. 99% of failures install or owner error.
I don’t understand why you would add torco if you have meth.
Water/meth provides the same benefits as e85. It is 99.5% as good as e85 actually. But you can still get fuel anywhere and you you don’t have to have as much injectior. You can run it for the cool iat’s or the octane boost or both.
Tuners don’t like it because people are stupid. So if they ignore the big flashing light that says their low on meth they could blow the engine. It’s not the meth that tuners don’t like it the customer Hass to be responsible for it. They can’t tune you out of being retarded.
You can buy a breakout harness for like $100 or you can make one for five dollars. I have a snow performance 2.5 progressive system on my procharge coyote. Because I live in Califuckya and 2 hours from e85. So it works great for me, 2 years on this car and two other cars had it. Even used it on a N/A nitrous car. Works great.

Don’t listen to your high school teacher, meth is your friend
For reference I'm using a 2.5 gallon tank in the trunk with a low level sensor. I spliced the wire going to the low level float into the factory wiper fluid tank wire. Now I get a the low fluid level notification on the OEM dashboard which is nice and extremely noticeable. Only minor drawback is when the light comes on you aren't sure if it's the meth tank OR the wiper fluid tank.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
For reference I'm using a 2.5 gallon tank in the trunk with a low level sensor. I spliced the wire going to the low level float into the factory wiper fluid tank wire. Now I get a the low fluid level notification on the OEM dashboard which is nice and extremely noticeable. Only minor drawback is when the light comes on you aren't sure if it's the meth tank OR the wiper fluid tank.
Normally I just use the washer fluid tank for water/meth. So I get the same light and I did not have to add a tank. If you go through a lot of W/M then a bigger tank makes sense but I don’t have any problems with running low
Sponsored