Sponsored

Looking for thoughts/opinions/advice on GT350 purchase

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Hello everyone,

I am looking for thoughts/opinions/advice on purchasing a GT350. It has been my dream to own one of these since it was unveiled. Currently, my wife and I are paying off my student loans and I have been telling myself that my reward for paying off student loans will to be buy a GT350. However, based on my timeline, they will not be paid off for at least another 4 years. Obviously at that time, the GT350 will no longer be available. Used ones will be available, but I am hesitant buying a used one as I do not know how it was taken care of/broken in. Another concern is that I want one stripeless. The stripes can easily be removed, but again, if it was used, I am afraid there may be some noticeable paint fading if i take the stripes off 4 years after they have been on there. A dealer very close to me is getting in basically the car I would order, but with stripes. I am considering purchasing it and then basically storing it until my student loans are paid off.
Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I bought mine last spring and drove it home during the beginnings of the Corona crap. Best thing I ever bought. I agree that now is the time for a GT350, once they disappear you will never find a new one you can afford, prices are higher than six months ago but still there are plenty of 2019's with some discount out there if you are willing to travel or pay trucking. I vote for a road trip myself.

2019 and 2020 GT350's are essentially the same car, all the regular GT350's got updated in 2019. GT350R got updated in 2020. You get the Gen 2 VooDoo motor which is an R type motor built using a GT500 block and improvements learned from both GT350 and the GT500 program,an even better motor. If you are taller or wider than average, the Recaro seats kinda suck, the 6-way leather seats are awesome for everything but full time racing. And the leather seat is heated, cooled and automatically slides back when you shut the car off, making it easier to get out if you are tall.

I vote yes, buy one. best sounding car you will ever find at this price point. Either way it is a win and you own a GT350.

https://www.morlanfordlincoln.com/V...-Shelby_GT350_Fastback-Sikeston-MO/3384143473

https://www.epicfordeverett.com/new...-Mustang-602a30bc0a0e0aea741daadb56e3d8ce.htm Cool color, sadly has stripes, but I could pick it up for you if you wanted. :)

https://www.hondaofconcord.com/used...lotte-nc-c4ded8bb0a0e0ae81e2b8a5dd6981e2f.htm Not sure why they call this used, but it is discounted. Black is my color, looks awesome cleaned and shined. Best part, it is 2 miles from the Track Attack school.

https://www.samesfordkingsville.com...by+GT350-783c7c860a0e0aea3b6c48f5d0e4706e.htm I like this combo, but like you I'd rather not have stripes.

https://www.kennedyfordinc.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-Shelby+GT350-794cc5a80a0e0ae847bd028f16f9fcc5.htm This is in your home state even. Discounted and an awesome combo, white with black roof, handling package car. Sadly no electronics package but an awesome car. Second favorite color combo.

https://www.hawkeyeford.com/new/For...d-Oak-IA-0537bf880a0e0aea6cfef0cd05e061d0.htm These guy swill deliver a Kona blue version of your dream Shelby up to 500 miles for FREE and they are nearby. I love this color combo and NO stripes. I bet this is a seriously low production color combination. When they release GT350 production numbers this could be a one of 5 or less ever built car.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Hello everyone,

I am looking for thoughts/opinions/advice on purchasing a GT350. It has been my dream to own one of these since it was unveiled. Currently, my wife and I are paying off my student loans and I have been telling myself that my reward for paying off student loans will to be buy a GT350. However, based on my timeline, they will not be paid off for at least another 4 years. Obviously at that time, the GT350 will no longer be available. Used ones will be available, but I am hesitant buying a used one as I do not know how it was taken care of/broken in. Another concern is that I want one stripeless. The stripes can easily be removed, but again, if it was used, I am afraid there may be some noticeable paint fading if i take the stripes off 4 years after they have been on there. A dealer very close to me is getting in basically the car I would order, but with stripes. I am considering purchasing it and then basically storing it until my student loans are paid off.
The younger, wiser me would tell you to pay off the loans, assess where you are in four years, and then make your decision. Will you have job stability for the next four years? Do you and the Mrs. intend children? Four years is a long time and life and priorities change a lot during that length of time.

Storing the car? That’s not gonna happen, and you know it. You’ll be like, “I just need to rotate the tires this month.” Then it will be weekly then, “F—- it!”

The older, more practical me, says do it! Who knows what the four-year-old, now 6 to 10-year-old GT 350 market will look like. So many of us say shoulda, woulda, coulda. For many reasons, now is the time. Don’t let it slip away.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I bought mine last spring and drove it home during the beginnings of the Corona crap. Best thing I ever bought. I agree that now is the time for a GT350, once they disappear you will never find a new one you can afford, prices are higher than six months ago but still there are plenty of 2019's with some discount out there if you are willing to travel or pay trucking. I vote for a road trip myself.

2019 and 2020 GT350's are essentially the same car, all the regular GT350's got updated in 2019. GT350R got updated in 2020. You get the Gen 2 VooDoo motor which is an R type motor built using a GT500 block and improvements learned from both GT350 and the GT500 program,an even better motor. If you are taller or wider than average, the Recaro seats kinda suck, the 6-way leather seats are awesome for everything but full time racing. And the leather seat is heated, cooled and automatically slides back when you shut the car off, making it easier to get out if you are tall.

I vote yes, buy one. best sounding car you will ever find at this price point. Either way it is a win and you own a GT350.

https://www.morlanfordlincoln.com/V...-Shelby_GT350_Fastback-Sikeston-MO/3384143473

https://www.epicfordeverett.com/new...-Mustang-602a30bc0a0e0aea741daadb56e3d8ce.htm Cool color, sadly has stripes, but I could pick it up for you if you wanted. :)

https://www.hondaofconcord.com/used...lotte-nc-c4ded8bb0a0e0ae81e2b8a5dd6981e2f.htm Not sure why they call this used, but it is discounted. Black is my color, looks awesome cleaned and shined. Best part, it is 2 miles from the Track Attack school.

https://www.samesfordkingsville.com...by+GT350-783c7c860a0e0aea3b6c48f5d0e4706e.htm I like this combo, but like you I'd rather not have stripes.

https://www.kennedyfordinc.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-Shelby+GT350-794cc5a80a0e0ae847bd028f16f9fcc5.htm This is in your home state even. Discounted and an awesome combo, white with black roof, handling package car. Sadly no electronics package but an awesome car.
Only two issues

Regardless of body type, Recaros rule. It is a fact they make the car faster. Go all in for an all in car.

Chaps, are by definition ass-less. That’s what makes them chaps. They complement Recaros

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Why would you store a car you are making payments on? If you have the money and means than you should buy the car and drive it.

If you are stretching yourself financially for this car then you should not be buying it. It's really a toy.

Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I agree with the initial suggestions! Get a new car, if at all possible. You'll spend valuable time fretting and worrying about something that "may" happen to your "used" purchase. I have a new 2019 GT350 and it is a wonderful car! Try to find a 2019 base model or R and don't look back. Life is unpredictable and procrastination will often cause you some consternation later on. Get one as soon as you can. Trust me, you won't regret it later on.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Watch a few Dave Ramsey videos on YouTube. You’ll soon discover the kind of behavior you are thinking about will lead you down a deep hole you won’t be able to crawl out of.
You can make excuses for buying this or that all you want. Reality is you cannot afford it right now.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The last three sports cars I have bought were all used low mileage that I saved huge money on. Not one issue. All of them have warranties if there are issues. I just don't buy the scare tactic that if you don't buy it new the car may be tainted.

There are plenty of people who bought brand new GT350's and had to have an engine replacement within a few hundred or few thousand miles and they said they followed break-in procedures.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It is simple. Yes the car is great. But the underlying tone I see here is finances.

Can you afford the car?

If yes, buy the car. If no, then you can't buy the car.

If you do buy the car, the thought of storing it away is just silly. Drive the car and enjoy it.

Dont read anything into my thoughts, but it really does come down to what I said above. Don't over extend yourself.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
No one can tell you how to spend your money. But we can offer things to consider in effort to help your decision. From what you describe, the focus is not just the GT350. The focus is more about the priorities in your life. That said, I offer:

1. Priorities of Family, home, debt load then car are wisest.
2. If the car is a daily driver, this car is not the best value for maintenance and repairs. (Tires choices are north of $1K a year for a daily driver w/ 15k miles)
3. If the car is a primary driver, are you comfortable parking it on the street, in lots etc if it is a high value object to you? Garaged at home?
4. Pre-shop insurance. Your age, location and credit score will serve up dramatic variances in premium cost.
5. Is your wife good driving a high performance manual transmission vehicle (in times when you may not be able to drive?)

I, personally waited 40 years before I could acquire mine. I watched several iterations come and go over the years. I lusted for one since I was old enough to drive. But I had other priorities, which made the wait no less painful. But now that I have it, I do not have to stress over the decision which removes any distraction from purely enjoying the car.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
The joy of ownership may wane as the financial strain could become larger than what you realize now . Buying a 4 or 5 year old pampered GT350 can do two wonderful things for you; it would have removed any depreciation that might occur on one and also then you’re not financially stressed , when you Land one then , you show yourself that patience is a virtue . I’m confident the perfect GT350 is being taken care of in a garage for your future by someone else.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
The joy of ownership may wane as the financial strain could become larger than what you realize now . Buying a 4 or 5 year old pampered GT350 can do two wonderful things for you; it would have removed any depreciation that might occur on one and also then you’re not financially stressed , when you Land one then , you show yourself that patience is a virtue . I’m confident the perfect GT350 is being taken care of in a garage for your future by someone else.
This is good advice, and exactly what I did.