Sponsored

Looking for Stock GT350R 1/8 mile times

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
who's hating? yet again you choose to join your YT subscribers in that chant that there must be something wrong with me asking a simple question. that right there just turns me off...
Sorry if I came off brash. I was just answering the question the best I can. That is the tricky part about inferring tone from written words. In no way was I trying to be condescending or hurtful. I guess I don't know how to answer your question. Is 1400 whp for everyone on the street? Definitely not. Is it usable? In some situations, sure...Like a big open interstate with no one around. Others situations no...like stop light to stop light in a city setting. Like most things you get used to something and want a little more. I used to think a 12 second street car I had in my teens was crazy fast. 12 second cars seem really, really slow to me now and unfortunately there is no going back once you experience more and more. The first time launching a 150 mph plus auto car at the track was a bit much the first couple times. Now it seems like no big deal.
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Sorry if I came off brash. I was just answering the question the best I can. That is the tricky part about inferring tone from written words. In no way was I trying to be condescending or hurtful. I guess I don't know how to answer your question. Is 1400 whp for everyone on the street? Definitely not. Is it usable? In some situations, sure...Like a big open interstate with no one around. Others situations no...like stop light to stop light in a city setting. Like most things you get used to something and want a little more. I used to think a 12 second street car I had in my teens was crazy fast. 12 second cars seem really, really slow to me now and unfortunately there is no going back once you experience more and more. The first time launching a 150 mph plus auto car at the track was a bit much the first couple times. Now it seems like no big deal.
Well voice tone is lost in translation reading forum and comment section posts. I had a high 12 second '85 GT 30 years ago, I smoked almost everything I raced, everywhere I went, new Vettes, old big block Mopar's, certainly every other Mustang in my area, so agree with that comment on back in the day 12's used to be fast. I still think current n/a cars running 10's/low 11's is going fast...but as a guy who's on the fence over boost, and reliability vs. money spent to make it reliable and what you get as far as thrill vs dollar spent is the difference between 800 wheel and anything more...

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Well voice tone is lost in translation reading forum and comment section posts. I had a high 12 second '85 GT 30 years ago, I smoked almost everything I raced, everywhere I went, new Vettes, old big block Mopar's, certainly every other Mustang in my area, so agree with that comment on back in the day 12's used to be fast. I still think current n/a cars running 10's/low 11's is going fast...but as a guy who's on the fence over boost, and reliability vs. money spent to make it reliable and what you get as far as thrill vs dollar spent is the difference between 800 wheel and anything more...
I could speak on this subject for quite some time....here is the condensed. Any power adder is going to completely transform the car as far as the way it feels. A supercharger is the best value for those wanting a couple hundred more horsepower and a potent street car. Two drawbacks for the supercharger IMO. First is almost every single car we have done a base or nearly base kit the customer is always wanting more. Rather it be 6 months or a year they always want more. The problem with that is when you start to want to get to the 900+ HP on the blower cars you will have a lot of upgrades needed to get there and efficiency starts to go way down. You will be battling IAT control issues, keeping belts on and the supercharger not slipping while not breaking off you crank shaft snout. The other thing I don't like about blower cars is the light load, just pulling out into traffic but not hammer down. The blowers have a bypass valve that closes when its time to make boost under acceleration. The problem is the amount of power to get up to speed with out boost is kinda sluggish or holy shit I'm making all the boost.

Our turbo kit, while more money initially is a better value long term if you are like 90% of the people out there and are going to want more power. Its merely an adjustment of the boost setting for more power once you have appropriate supporting mods in place(fuel system, drive train upgrades ect). Our turbo kit for the 800R package cars is exactly the same up to the 1200R package. The 1400R cars do get a larger exhaust turbine housing. The big thing I love about the turbo cars is the driveability. Not part throttle awkward spots. Smooth even linear power. Not big instant torque to blow off the tires. Good fuel economy (if you can keep you foot out of it) Way less stress on the engine as well which is very important for stock engine/trans guys. I could go on and on, but that is the cliff notes from my experience. Back to turboing the world!

PS I wasn't calling you a hater!!!

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
For the record, this is what I consider a hater/troll post. one of many from our videos

"Oh cool an automatic 8 second car.... lame af dude! Cletus went 7 seconds in his MANUAL corvette so dont tell me you put an auto tranny in it because of the power, or its "faster" just stfu and stop building these automatic POS! No one cares that you can stomp on an accelerator and go 8 seconds. If I wanted a car to drive itself I would buy a tesla!"

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
For the record, this is what I consider a hater/troll post. one of many from our videos

"Oh cool an automatic 8 second car.... lame af dude! Cletus went 7 seconds in his MANUAL corvette so dont tell me you put an auto tranny in it because of the power, or its "faster" just stfu and stop building these automatic POS! No one cares that you can stomp on an accelerator and go 8 seconds. If I wanted a car to drive itself I would buy a tesla!"
that person probably drives a civic

Sponsored

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
My original question was: How can the price justify the difference between an 800 horse car and a 1400 one?

As far as this question as with most things that extra 10-15% can cost you 200% more pretty easy.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
@john@fatfab , you guys do amazing work. craftsmanship, quality, performance. you guys are doing it right. i'd imagine 95% of the guys on this forum gush over your cars.

btw, would love to see some roll races, say 1/2 mile on a strip, between your 800r vs 1000r vs 1200r, just to see the differences. or also say your 800r vs a ZL1 or even a ZR1. i'd get my popcorn for that.

keep up the good work :flag:

Reactions: TDC
OP
OP

mlawdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Vert, 5spd 2015 mustang gt anniver
It's not a drag car. It's a track car and everyone knows nobody's home below 3.5k rpm. The stat you are looking for is for what purpose?
Duh. Thx captain obvious. My purpose.

OP
OP

mlawdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1/8th mile is the only track we have in our province, not circuit, no 1/4. Took my R there twice for shits and giggles to make a few passes, best I managed was an 8.2X at 92.6mph with a 2.2X 60ft. Couldn't get a better launch than that, trap speed was strong though. Tried launch control but couldn't get better 60ft than a 2.3, got the best run doing it myself but I'm sure with practice I could drop it to at least a 2.0 flat.
Thanks. You and one other actually responded to the question. The others were smart asses or off on some tangent thread. I appreciate your meaningful reply.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I am having very little success finding magazine articles where they report GT350R 1/8th mile times. Can any of you folks point me to a link with some 1/8th mile times for a stock R? Thanks much
Very few if any magazine areticles will comment on 1/8 mile. It's just not a commonly used measure. I saw some street drags a month ago by me and a base 350 was running 1/8 miles and it was getting its shit pushed in. Somewhere around the high 80's around 9 seconds. Not a great surface, driver (no offense to the owner) was struggling with a launch.

OP
OP

mlawdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very few if any magazine areticles will comment on 1/8 mile. It's just not a commonly used measure. I saw some street drags a month ago by me and a base 350 was running 1/8 miles and it was getting its shit pushed in. Somewhere around the high 80's around 9 seconds. Not a great surface, driver (no offense to the owner) was struggling with a launch.
Yeah, thx. I've seen a few on the reg GT350 that have 660 ft./1/8 mile, but yes you're right not a common measure--just the one I need. Have a good one.
Sponsored