Sponsored

Looking for Stock GT350R 1/8 mile times

mlawdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Vert, 5spd 2015 mustang gt anniver
I am having very little success finding magazine articles where they report GT350R 1/8th mile times. Can any of you folks point me to a link with some 1/8th mile times for a stock R? Thanks much
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
probably because theyre not very good. slower than a GT lol

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
The 405 knows! So does JJ!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's not a drag car. It's a track car and everyone knows nobody's home below 3.5k rpm. The stat you are looking for is for what purpose?

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Our 1400 package car did it in 5.6@131 mph if that helps any!
I recently unsubbed from you YT channel after all the negative comments thrown my way about asking how useable 1400 whp is in real life. I like your content, but damn man some of your current subs are total jerkoff's!

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
It seems the golden rule does not apply online in the comments section clearly. Everybody likes to contribute, no matter how little actual knowledge they have. Is 1400 hp on a stock ecu car mostly unusable on the street, sure. The MoTeC ECU equipped cars are a different story entirely. It is crazy how well the traction control works and lets it put down nearly all of it by second gear. I'm serious when I say I would put about anyone behind the wheel of one of these cars on the street. While the forward acceleration is of the charts fast, the thing just goes straight. No drama, no crowds in harm. No real driver input needed to keep it i under control. Further more with all the drive modes it can be turned down to nearly stock power levels and anywhere in between by just a push of a button. These cars drive like a stock car until you put your foot in it. Yet the haters gonna hate no mater the facts.

Sponsored

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Anyways, off topic for this thread and I apologize. I have not times for stock cars 1/8 mile, but as others have stated it will be disappointing if you take it to the dragstrip. Then all the haters will come out and troll you for spending too much money on a "slow" car. should have bought a gt blah blah blah. They clearly don't see how badass these cars are though. Rather at a road course or just on a spirited curvy road drive these cars are awesome and so happy that ford actually built them.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
1/8th mile is the only track we have in our province, not circuit, no 1/4. Took my R there twice for shits and giggles to make a few passes, best I managed was an 8.2X at 92.6mph with a 2.2X 60ft. Couldn't get a better launch than that, trap speed was strong though. Tried launch control but couldn't get better 60ft than a 2.3, got the best run doing it myself but I'm sure with practice I could drop it to at least a 2.0 flat.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
It seems the golden rule does not apply online in the comments section clearly. Everybody likes to contribute, no matter how little actual knowledge they have. Is 1400 hp on a stock ecu car mostly unusable on the street, sure. The MoTeC ECU equipped cars are a different story entirely. It is crazy how well the traction control works and lets it put down nearly all of it by second gear. I'm serious when I say I would put about anyone behind the wheel of one of these cars on the street. While the forward acceleration is of the charts fast, the thing just goes straight. No drama, no crowds in harm. No real driver input needed to keep it i under control. Further more with all the drive modes it can be turned down to nearly stock power levels and anywhere in between by just a push of a button. These cars drive like a stock car until you put your foot in it. Yet the haters gonna hate no mater the facts.
who's hating? yet again you choose to join your YT subscribers in that chant that there must be something wrong with me asking a simple question. that right there just turns me off...

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
who's hating? yet again you choose to join your YT subscribers in that chant that there must be something wrong with me asking a simple question. that right there just turns me off...
You and I must have very different takeaways reading John's response.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
You and I must have very different takeaways reading John's response.
Maybe? I dunno. He clearly labelled me a hater for my question that I got put on blast by just this week on his YT channel...then in his response here, I'd swear he said hater directed towards me again. I'm a full bolt on's '18 looking to go faster...doesn't make much sense as a businessman calling people asking real questions a hater... My original question was: How can the price justify the difference between an 800 horse car and a 1400 one? I mean really, much over 800 wheel and the car on the street really isn't much faster for the dollar spent. And I got put on blast for that? I dig their builds, wonderful stuff for sure, and in no way was I being disrespectful asking what I asked and making the statement I made.
Sponsored