Sponsored

Looking for someone with Roush aaxle backs w x pipe or h pipe

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
As the title says, I am looking for someone who has this combination, or any other comparable axle back exhaust I have the Roush axle back on my 2016 GT and I want to hear in person what it sounds like with an X pipe or h pipe. I have watched over 50 videos but still can't seem to tell exactly how much louder it is. PM me if you are in South Florida and have five minutes to spare. I can come to you. I am in the Boca Raton area.

Thank you
Sponsored

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I have the H-Pipe with the axlebacks and unless you plan to drive up North, all I can say is:

Don't think twice about it, just get it.

Warm idles are just a bit louder. It's still controllable up to like 2500rpm, and screams when you're past that.

Definitely manageable all thinks considered, if you do normal driving day-to-day. On highway cruising there is a slight resonance (not quite drone) but it's tolerable and only at a certain RPM and it's only with the H-Pipe - the x-pipe doesn't have this.

OP
OP

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
Thank you for your response. Now that I think of it, my main concern is basically my neighbors. I think that by the time I leave for work they are mostly all awake but I do not want it to sound like a NASCAR when I start my car in my garage. I am also glad to hear that you have minimal drone. What brand-name H pipe do you have?

Evade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
I have an H-pipe for sale if you decide to go that route. $100. I'm on the west coast though.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Thank you for your response. Now that I think of it, my main concern is basically my neighbors. I think that by the time I leave for work they are mostly all awake but I do not want it to sound like a NASCAR when I start my car in my garage. I am also glad to hear that you have minimal drone. What brand-name H pipe do you have?
It's loud as in volume wise, but it's not NASCAR loud. Until you start dabbling with headers, the stock exhaust manifold is enough to be just loud enough.

Sponsored

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
I have the H-pipe, sounds nice. Cold start likes other say is loud but only for 30 seconds. Once it warms up it will calm down unless you go past 3k rpms.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Im up in Clermont but I have the H pipe combo you are looking for.
Sponsored