Sponsored

Looking for recommendations on which GT to buy.

Stoutblock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Hey guys, new to the website. I have decided to get a 2018 to 2022 GT and been spending many hours on your site trying to get smart. I am overwhelmed with how much you guys know about these mustangs! This is my list. Manual (Tremec if possible), PP2 or equivalent, trans and diff coolers, front long lip, lcd gauges, 5.0 with GT350 intake, brembo, reccaro, leather. Is this even possible? Maybe Mach 1? I really donā€™t want to pay the price for a GT350 but a Mach 1 is not much cheaper? Even the Mach 1 would need certain options?
Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Hey guys, new to the website. I have decided to get a 2018 to 2022 GT and been spending many hours on your site trying to get smart. I am overwhelmed with how much you guys know about these mustangs! This is my list. Manual (Tremec if possible), PP2 or equivalent, trans and diff coolers, front long lip, lcd gauges, 5.0 with GT350 intake, brembo, reccaro, leather. Is this even possible? Maybe Mach 1? I really donā€™t want to pay the price for a GT350 but a Mach 1 is not much cheaper? Even the Mach 1 would need certain options?
Mach 1 or GT350 are the only ones that can meet your needs.

PP2 wonā€™t have gt350 intake, coolers, or the tremec of course these could be added though. I think a lot of reviewers issue with this model was overheating due to lack of coolers so beware.

You could consider a Bullitt which is basically a pp1 mustang and u get the gt350 intake.

sounds to me like youā€™re looking for a car to track. If you want to save money you can go for a regular GT premium and do full suspension, add coolers, the brembos, lips, spoiler, etc. the beautiful thing about these cars is you have great aftermarket support and can take parts from different models and add them to a GT.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
It would help to know what you plan to do with the car. Tremec only comes in the Mach 1 and the GT350. Expensive to swap. If you aren't going to track it hardcore I'd recommend magneride. Set the suspension the way you want with the flip of a switch. Comfortable when you are on the highway/crappy roads.

OP
OP

Stoutblock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
It would help to know what you plan to do with the car. Tremec only comes in the Mach 1 and the GT350. Expensive to swap. If you aren't going to track it hardcore I'd recommend magneride. Set the suspension the way you want with the flip of a switch. Comfortable when you are on the highway/crappy roads.
that was the conclusion I found too but I thought I would check. The Tremec option may be too expensive. What about the stiffer springs and sway bars of the pp2? Does the Mach 1 come with these? I may find PP1 with Magnaride will be ok but want to know what is possible before looking.

OP
OP

Stoutblock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Mach 1 or GT350 are the only ones that can meet your needs.

PP2 wonā€™t have gt350 intake, coolers, or the tremec of course these could be added though. I think a lot of reviewers issue with this model was overheating due to lack of coolers so beware.

You could consider a Bullitt which is basically a pp1 mustang and u get the gt350 intake.

sounds to me like youā€™re looking for a car to track. If you want to save money you can go for a regular GT premium and do full suspension, add coolers, the brembos, lips, spoiler, etc. the beautiful thing about these cars is you have great aftermarket support and can take parts from different models and add them to a GT.
thanks, is it possible to get the bullitt with PP2 suspension? What model is it possible to get coolers with?

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
thanks, is it possible to get the bullitt with PP2 suspension? What model is it possible to get coolers with?
unfortunately you canā€™t get pp2 with a bullitt. And only Mach 1 and GT350 get coolers. Mach 1 or GT350 are the only ones that will meet everything you want.

OP
OP

Stoutblock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
unfortunately you canā€™t get pp2 with a bullitt. And only Mach 1 and GT350 get coolers. Mach 1 or GT350 are the only ones that will meet everything you want.
Does the Mach 1 come standard with coolers and/or PP2 suspension?

OP
OP

Stoutblock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Welcome to the forums. :clap:

The graphic above is a great reference.

Reads like a Mach 1 with HP could hit the sweet spot. You'll could have to stay open-minded on color and some options, but your core needs could be met. Several things are moving in your favor.

While MY22 ended late last year, with the abbreviated MY23, they are (on paper) soon to be two year-old cars.

Dealers will begin wanting to move their MY22 and 23s, to make way for the S650.

The general slowing down of the economy could help securing some good deals.

Good Luck in your search. :please:When you find something, please update us, with photos.:camera:

OP
OP

Stoutblock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Welcome to the forums. :clap:

The graphic above is a great reference.

Reads like a Mach 1 with HP could hit the sweet spot. You'll could have to stay open-minded on color and some options, but your core needs could be met. Several things are moving in your favor.

While MY22 ended late last year, with the abbreviated MY23, they are (on paper) soon to be two year-old cars.

Dealers will begin wanting to move their MY22 and 23s, to make way for the S650.

The general slowing down of the economy could help securing some good deals.

Good Luck in your search. :please:When you find something, please update us, with photos.:camera:
There are few MY22 still at dealers around here (Seattle). A couple have the HP, 6 speed and Recaro. There are also a few MY23 cars in stock with my needs. Might have to go low ball them and see what happens. If they donā€™t budge I will look for used examples from someone more desperate? I am a patient buyer which drives dealers and sellers a little bonkersā€¦

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
There are few MY22 still at dealers around here (Seattle). A couple have the HP, 6 speed and Recaro. There are also a few MY23 cars in stock with my needs. Might have to go low ball them and see what happens. If they donā€™t budge I will look for used examples from someone more desperate? I am a patient buyer which drives dealers and sellers a little bonkersā€¦
Problem now is if you are taking out a loan the interest rates are going the wrong way. Spring is coming. I would goto the ford site and look at inventory on lots and start emailing dealers with units that fit your needs, and play hard ball. They know the buyer pool is shrinking as rates go up. and with m/y 24 coming, they want the 22/23's gone. play hard ball, but keep an eye on when the fed is meeting next to take rate hikes. If cash buyer, don't let them know. they make more off the kick back on loans. so lock in a price, then hand them a check. Let them think they make some on the back end finance dept.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I am a patient buyer which drives dealers and sellers a little bonkersā€¦
My belief is what's happening to the market now has just started, that the softening on prices would continue, especially once the S650 arrives in the next few months. I can't predict the future any better than anyone else. At one extreme, people will snap up inventory and the opportunity will escape you. At the other, the bottom will fall out, rendering the cars worthless. The future probably lies in-between. LOL.

If there's something you like available right now, I'd make what you consider a fair offer and see what the response is. If their counter doesn't work for you, let them know you'll consider it, but then pause. I'd expect them to later return to see if you remain interested, which you could then continue to discuss. Something like that.

Each of us has different experiences. When I began discussing my purchase, the dealer and I spent two weeks and several e-mails going back-and-forth before finding a price which worked for both os us; this process worked for me, versus sitting down and grinding something out. E-mails gave me time to think of and craft better responses and counters, while at the same time, throttling the discussion.

And if you don't have immediate success, continue looking. The cars will change hands or move around, but not be gone forever.

Last edited:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
My belief is what's happening to the market now has just started, that the softening on prices would continue, especially once the S650 arrives in the next few months. I can't predict the future any better than anyone else. At one extreme, people will snap up inventory and the opportunity will escape you. At the other, the bottom will fall out, rendering the cars worthless. The future probably lies in-between. LOL.

If there's something you like available right now, I'd make what you consider a fair offer and see what the response is. If their counter doesn't work for you, let them know you'll consider it, but then pause. I'd expect them to later return to see if you remain interested, which you could then continue to discuss. Something like that.

Each of us has different experiences. When I began discussing my purchase, the dealer and I spent two weeks and several e-mails going back-and-forth before finding a price which worked for both os us; this process worked for me, versus sitting down and grinding something out. E-mails gave me time to think of and craft better responses and counters, while at the same time, throttling the discussion.

And if you don't have immediate success, continue looking. The cars will change hands or move around, but not be gone forever.
The biggie is if many truly hate the s650 interior/dash and all run for the last 22/23 new cars. Or if once they see the car in person they like it better and the s550 sits .
The forum isn't a big enough pool to know what the jury will pick. many don't like the new set up. many do. It all come down to those that are real buyers opinion on it. if most of them hate it, the last 22/23's will move out fast. if they like it the s550 might be a harder sell. Time will tell. If he doesn't care if it is new or used, he has all the time in the world.

OP
OP

Stoutblock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Thanks for the input guys. Even at 65 Iā€™ve had more than my share of dealings on cars. The only thing I hate worse than dealing with car salesmen is dealing with buyers.

Of all the options, I personally like the looks of the Bullitt the best and it has the 480hp motor. I could up the suspension from Ford Performance and except for no Tremec it would be close to a Mach 1 and better than a PP2? Reading the website I guess there are valid options to upgrade these transmissions?

Noticed the Mach 1 has the gt500 rear subframe? Is that a major improvement?

I wish the Mach 1 had a stripe delete I would be even more tempted to go that direction.

Iā€™m not sure I like the looks of the 2024 yet. The Dark Horse engine sure seems to check all the boxes though!

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The only thing I hate worse than dealing with car salesmen is dealing with buyers.
I had good success via Internet Sales. If you see something you like on-line, click and respond to the ad. Stay home and negotiate via phone and e-mail, with a later in-person follow-up and inspection.

I wish the Mach 1 had a stripe delete I would be even more tempted to go that direction.
Several owners, using a heat gun and patience, have removed some or all decals, without harm to the paint. For cars with time or miles on them, it might be better to consult or work with a body shop.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/off-with-the-stripes-mach-1-graphics-removed.162398/
Sponsored

Last edited: