Sponsored

Looking for input from anyone who's owner a GT PP1 manual Mustang and a C8 Corvette please!

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

For those that have owned both, is it worth keeping my Mustang once I get the C8? Or will it just end up sitting there not being driven in favor of the Corvette? If it makes sense to send it down the road I may do so now while the market is hot, IDK. I can always drive the Fiero in the meantime. LOL!

Thanks for any help!

--Tom
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Hi Guys,

For those that have owned both, is it worth keeping my Mustang once I get the C8? Or will it just end up sitting there not being driven in favor of the Corvette?
I was going to sell my '14 GT/CS manual when I got my GT500. Glad I didn't! I really still enjoy running through the gears in the GT. Having driven the Vette I think the same boredom will happen.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
A vet is a vet, if you have never owned one they are fun for a "while" . Auto trans for that car is ridiculous, takes out 50% of the fun. The low stance has some problems, for some getting in and out. Then there is the night driving, look around while drive at night, just notice that there are very few vets, but the big time exotics are also scarce.

And why you may ask ............. vision, every frigging car head lights are right at your eye level, front, rear & sides. One more can't see real good around or ahead in traffic .

And last but not lease the damn vet is plastic, keep it long enough that body changes.

Get one, but the Mustang is a mighty fine & affordable car to own in many ways, with reasonable maintenance cost .

Good luck

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
A vet is a vet, if you have never owned one they are fun for a "while" . Auto trans for that car is ridiculous, takes out 50% of the fun.
And that is what I say about my GT500.

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
I had a C7 before my PP1 GT. Not the same comparison but I do sometimes miss the sportiness and the charisma of the Vette. Even with an auto it was a sheer pleasure to drive.

The plan was to drive this GT until the C8 market softened, but I’m starting to see C8s everywhere now and now I’m loving this 6 speed. I have a tough decision ahead of me, but at the moment I’m 100% happy with the Mustang.

Sponsored

PHX ATC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT & 2020 Explorer ST & 2022 Porsche 911
We have had several vettes and had a C8 on order.

I bought the Mustang in 2020 in the middle of COVID, slapped a supercharger on it and won't ever give it up. It's just hooliganism and straight line acceleration at it's finest. To me, it's going back to my 1968 Mustang I had while going to college so there's a small emotional attachment too.

We ordered a Porsche 911 C2S Cabriolet instead of the C8.

I think you'd get bored of the C8 and with the build quality problems, meh.

Although you do you and get what you want! Life is short and get what you wish, halo car, in between car, hooligan car, family transport, or EV...it's a car, make it yours!!

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Ugh! Dammit you guys, was going to finalize my order tomorrow! Now you got me wondering if I really wanna do it. My plan is to supercharge my mustang, but I had some motor issues with my car (drivers side head replaced under warranty), Ford gave me a 8yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty, and I don't want to void it just yet.

Thank you to all who replied and please keep the input coming!

EDIT: I'm fortunate enough that affording it won't be a big deal but I do struggle with spending frigging $80k + on a car! We didn't have money growing up and I appreciate the value of a dollar. I may put the brakes on the whole thing until I can test drive one? Right, spend 80k on a car you didn't even drive... okay now I convincing myself not to do it! Don't suppose anybody here has a C8 and lives in Wisconsin and would let me go for a cruise with you? If I order, wait a year, get the damn thing and don't love it I will be just sick!

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Ugh! Dammit you guys, was going to finalize my order tomorrow! Now you got me wondering if I really wanna do it.
For $80K can you find a 60's vintage Vette and keep the Mustang? Granted it will always be a project car, not a daily driver, and the performance will be pathetic compared to a C8. But the cool factor will be massive and so will the fun. Who cares if you couldn't beat a stock Mustang II in the quarter mile.

When I was in college (many years ago) a buddy had a 67 Convertible Vette with a tri power 427. Back then it was cool, today...well...it's the stuff of dreams.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
For $80K can you find a 60's vintage Vette and keep the Mustang? Granted it will always be a project car, not a daily driver, and the performance will be pathetic compared to a C8. But the cool factor will be massive and so will the fun. Who cares if you couldn't beat a stock Mustang II in the quarter mile.

When I was in college (many years ago) a buddy had a 67 Convertible Vette with a tri power 427. Back then it was cool, today...well...it's the stuff of dreams.
I was thinking about that, I could buy a nice fox body GT, a nice 2nd gen z-28, and a nice used 370z and still have money left over. The sub 3 second 0-60 is what is alluring, and I really like the big pushrod V-8s!

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
For the record, I have never owned a Corvette. I swore of GM products a long time ago. Only reason I am considering it now is bang for the buck. If Ford had a mid-engine sports car to compete with a C8 at the same price I would be ALL OVER IT!

However, I do still own an 87 Fiero GT five speed manual and I am embarrassed to say, I love driving that thing! Although, it's the first car I ever bought (and when I was like 25 years old) and I still have it so maybe it's just nostalgia?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
A vet is a vet, if you have never owned one they are fun for a "while" . Auto trans for that car is ridiculous, takes out 50% of the fun. The low stance has some problems, for some getting in and out. Then there is the night driving, look around while drive at night, just notice that there are very few vets, but the big time exotics are also scarce.

And why you may ask ............. vision, every frigging car head lights are right at your eye level, front, rear & sides. One more can't see real good around or ahead in traffic .

And last but not lease the damn vet is plastic, keep it long enough that body changes.

Get one, but the Mustang is a mighty fine & affordable car to own in many ways, with reasonable maintenance cost .

Good luck

There's a reason they call it the glass casket or the plastic fantastic.

PHX ATC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
You could always order one and most dealers will only require a $1K deposit to hold it until the freeze date for your build and allocation comes up. Most dealers are MONTHS away from getting you an actual allocation, so you'd have plenty of time to sleep on it, drive one, go to car shows and maybe sit in one, and make your mind up.

Worst case, if the conditions remain similar, you get one in 12-18 months, then drive it for awhile and sell it with minimal, if any, loss, if you don't love it.

They are pretty good bang for the buck, but at the end of the day, it's just a Corvette. Same thing can be said for the Mustang, or your Fiero, or (God forbid HA!) a Porsche or Ferrari.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Well, I put down my deposit. I won't have to commit until late next year (or later) so I've got time to think about it. Thanks again guys!

PHX ATC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
Good for you! Have you been over to the C8 section of CorvetteForum.com?

They can get pretty stupid mean and cranky, so take that for what it is worth.

Noodle around over there and listen (with a grain of salt) to there worships and complaints.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I owned a 2013 427 Vette and 2010 Porsche 911 C2S before buying my 2018 Mustang GT. A Mustang is big and heavy in comparison. I could see buying a newer Porsche before buying a C8 Vette, if I was younger. It will hold it's value longer and has a lot more useful space. But, if those are not factors, I would get the Vette over my GT. I like smaller, quicker handling cars.
Sponsored