Sponsored

Looking for exhaust options for v6

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ingot silver mustang v6
Hey guys I'm new to the mustang scene. I was thinking about an exhaust setup for my car. In the future I want to have long tube headers so right now I'm thinking about roush and the magna flow outlaws. The atak are nice and my friend has them on his v6 with lt and an xpipe. But I need your guys thought and if any clips are out there with the roush and outlaws with a long tube header. Xpipe or hope don't matter but I'm swinging more for an hpipe
Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Keep in mind that Outlaws = drone galore. If you can live with it then ignore this.

OP
OP

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How bad is the drone. Cause I came from the tuner world before I got the mustang and the i4s were always drony but it didn't bother me. I want a deep tone but that is still pretty loud when I'm wot

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Honestly, drone levels are very subjective. I have Borla ATAKs which supposed to have little drone, but I think they do. My V8 buddy with magnaflows laughed at me when I showed him my 'drone'.

- Roush is loud, raspy and a bit drony
- Outlaw is loud, deep and really drony
- Borla (ATAK) is loud, deep and very low drone (but $$$)

This is just my observation. There are tons of Roush/Outlaws videos for s550 v6 so just take those into consideration. I also think there was a thread on the v6 forums with a collection of V6 exhaust sounds

OP
OP

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh ok. Thanks man. How do the ataks sound on your car? Are you able to post a video? And how do the ataks sound on the s550 compared to the 2013-14 s197?

Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Honestly, drone levels are very subjective. I have Borla ATAKs which supposed to have little drone, but I think they do. My V8 buddy with magnaflows laughed at me when I showed him my 'drone'.

- Roush is loud, raspy and a bit drony
- Outlaw is loud, deep and really drony
- Borla (ATAK) is loud, deep and very low drone (but $$$)

This is just my observation. There are tons of Roush/Outlaws videos for s550 v6 so just take those into consideration. I also think there was a thread on the v6 forums with a collection of V6 exhaust sounds
Do you have the catback or axleback? I've been so close to buy the atak catback for a month or two now.

Delta1Seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 DIB
Is there a reason why the Roush ABs sound so different on the 2015's than they do on the <2014's? I feel they sound deeper and more growl on the <2014's. (I could be wrong, maybe it's just the audio on the videos I've heard).

OP
OP

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a reason why the Roush ABs sound so different on the 2015's than they do on the <2014's? I feel they sound deeper and more growl on the <2014's. (I could be wrong, maybe it's just the audio on the videos I've heard).
It has something to do with the new resonator

Delta1Seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 DIB
It has something to do with the new resonator

Ah. I see! So in theory if I do a mid pipe with resonator delete, it would sound the same as a 2014 with a resonator delete?

OP
OP

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah. I see! So in theory if I do a mid pipe with resonator delete, it would sound the same as a 2014 with a resonator delete?
Yes that is pretty much correct. To my knowledge and from what I read from other threads

Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Oh ok. Thanks man. How do the ataks sound on your car? Are you able to post a video? And how do the ataks sound on the s550 compared to the 2013-14 s197?
I really like them. It's a nice deep-ish tone till about 3k/3.5k rpm and then it just starts screaming. Hard to describe in words. I've been trying to record a video of it for a while, need to get on that. I'll try to do it this weekend.

Axle-backs will sound different between s197 and s550 apparently due to a different resonator (as someone mentioned earlier). s197's has way more crackles and sounds a bit deeper.

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Do you have the catback or axleback? I've been so close to buy the atak catback for a month or two now.
Axleback. I couldn't justify spending next to $2k on a catback (US to CAD fucking sucks). Besides, I'm not after performance at this time, just sound. I realize pipe diameter increase helps the sound, but it's too pricey.

I was going to install stock GT catback on my V6 > buy GT Borla axlebacks, but it would have taken some time so I just opted out for V6 Borla axlebacks. This option would be like half the price of Borla catback and get you 2.5" pipe instead of stock 2.25".

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Axleback. I couldn't justify spending next to $2k on a catback (US to CAD fucking sucks). Besides, I'm not after performance at this time, just sound. I realize pipe diameter increase helps the sound, but it's too pricey.

I was going to install stock GT catback on my V6 > buy GT Borla axlebacks, but it would have taken some time so I just opted out for V6 Borla axlebacks. This option would be like half the price of Borla catback and get you 2.5" pipe instead of stock 2.25".
Thanks.

So far people only good things to say about the borla. The only video out there is really nice, too.

Fuck it.. I'm ordering today!! ..or will I. :headbonk:

OP
OP

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.

So far people only good things to say about the borla. The only video out there is really nice, too.

Fuck it.. I'm ordering today!! ..or will I. :headbonk:
Hahahaha. The borla are nice and I really like them but they're so expensive. I do really like the outlaw axel backs though

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
If you hate rasp, do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy an x pipe. It's not as bad on a GT but on a 6 cylinder it will not sound like a muscle car at all in my opinion. My friend has the Ataks, x pipe, and shorty headers and I herd them in person. They're too damn loud and raspy for my taste.
Sponsored