Sponsored

Looking for body shop north of Tampa

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Hey everyone, while on a road trip a few weeks ago a careless BMW driver sideswiped my car and I'm in need of a good quality shop to handle the repairs. I live about an hour north of Tampa, a town called Hudson.

I will admit to being very particular when it comes to paint work, as I'm sure a lot members here are, so I'm leery of the typical "get'em in, get'em out" budget minded high volume shops that the insurance companies try to push. As this is being paid by the other drivers insurance, cost is not my concern, I want a place that will fix it right the 1st time and not have me returning afterward to correct flaws and mistakes.

Normally, I would suggest someone in this situation look for a BMW or Mercedes certified shop, as those certifications are among the toughest to obtain. However, about 2 months prior to this accident, I went down that road and had the nearest BMW certified shop (about 35 minutes from my house) paint and install an aftermarket hood, rear spoiler, and rocker panels. While the color match of paint was perfect, I was disappointed to find my instructions about the spoiler install were not followed, excessive orange peel in several areas, a few spots where the paint appeared to have pinholes, and the rockers were not properly prepped before paint so flaws were visible that had to be sanded out and repainted. I ended up returning to the shop twice to correct issues.

So I now find I'm in need of a reputable shop, my usual advice didn't work out for me, the nearest Mercedes certified shop is over an hour away, and I'm at a loss of who to trust with my car.

Suggestions?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rick#7

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Thanks, I'll check him out đź‘Ť
Sponsored