Sponsored

Looking for air intake. Not cold air. Cant find fitment for universal K&N anywhere...

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2016 Performance pack
I'm looking for a air box removal and some kind of short tubing K&N filter.

Cant find fitments anywhere, and all the sites with fitments wants to sell expensive cold air intake.

Anybody knows what options do i have?

Mustang GT Premium 2016 PP, Roush axle back exhaust and SCT X4 tune.

7f79dfd3-93f5-4db1-a11b-4bc1d173992c.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Yes! That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks you my good sir! Have a nice day!

Looked at the k&n 57 series but couldnt find the right one.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why on earth would you not want a CAI? It's like you're asking for a carburetor retrofit kit.

OP
OP

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Why on earth would you not want a CAI? It's like you're asking for a carburetor retrofit kit.
The answer is simple. Price per horsepower. Not worth it in my opinion. One horsepower per ten degrees of colder air. Even if you get 20 degrees down, it's still two hp. For 500$. 250$ per hp on a 435 hp car. I added 40 with my tuner for 425$.

But I understand. It's better.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The answer is simple. Price per horsepower. Not worth it in my opinion. One horsepower per ten degrees of colder air. Even if you get 20 degrees down, it's still two hp. For 500$. 250$ per hp on a 435 hp car. I added 40 with my tuner for 425$.

But I understand. It's better.
You will lose power without a CAI. Your car came stock with a CAI, and if you remove it, you will lose power. I would suggest you keep your stock CAI, unless you go with another CAI.

Where did you hear it's 1 HP per ten degrees? If you remove your stock CAI, your intake temps will soar, because a non-CAI will suck air from inside the engine compartment, which gets extremely hot.

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
NoVa, don't bother. He's got his mind set, and no amount of facts and/or logic will change that. He's one of those guys looking to do things as cheaply as possible.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
A true CAI will only net cooler IAT at idle. Once moving, the in rush of outside air will bring the IATs down to the same levels as a closed box filter. I personally have the open element MMR intake, and admittedly, in the summer months the IATs soar to the 160-170 range at idle in a drive thru. Once moving for a few SECONDS (not minutes) the IATs come right back to within 2-3* of ambient temp. Some people buy due to cost, some for the aesthetics of a traditional CAI.. Different strokes for different folks. In either case, the IAT argument is somewhat stupid. Look at what PD blown cars IATs are... they have an operating IAT of 120*+.... Our cars won't pull timing until the temps are super high. Much higher than one would see n/a with a open element filter. EFI, nothing wrong with cheap if it works.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This has proven to be a pretty solid solution:

- Mishimoto intake tube
- K&N/aFE/<equivalent> drop in filter
- Modify airbox
- Add Velossa intake duct(s)

That will result in more air, removal of the sound tube BS, and isolated cold/cool air from outside the bumper (vs. even the stock snorkel which still gets a lot of hot air from the front grill area). Also looks great with red or blue tube, the engine bay being cleaner, the front ducts look killer :)

[edit]

Here you go, that whole setup, basically new, for $280 shipped!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-ram-air-kit-black-afe-dry-air-filter.117355/

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
NoVa, don't bother. He's got his mind set, and no amount of facts and/or logic will change that. He's one of those guys looking to do things as cheaply as possible.
It's frustrating. Hell, the OP probably won't return to read any of this. Got the answer he wanted, and he's out.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
You will lose power without a CAI. Your car came stock with a CAI, and if you remove it, you will lose power. I would suggest you keep your stock CAI, unless you go with another CAI.

Where did you hear it's 1 HP per ten degrees? If you remove your stock CAI, your intake temps will soar, because a non-CAI will suck air from inside the engine compartment, which gets extremely hot.
Thanks, I didn't know that it already has cai.

OP
OP

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry but everywhere I read they say cai is mostly for looks. And if you're the kind of tool that gets a car to park it at car meets then you do you.

OP
OP

Derf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
This has proven to be a pretty solid solution:

- Mishimoto intake tube
- K&N/aFE/<equivalent> drop in filter
- Modify airbox
- Add Velossa intake duct(s)

That will result in more air, removal of the sound tube BS, and isolated cold/cool air from outside the bumper (vs. even the stock snorkel which still gets a lot of hot air from the front grill area). Also looks great with red or blue tube, the engine bay being cleaner, the front ducts look killer :)

[edit]

Here you go, that whole setup, basically new, for $280 shipped!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-ram-air-kit-black-afe-dry-air-filter.117355/
I saw one like that. Seems like a good option. I'm looking to free up the air intake. Not run after just a few hp.
Sponsored