Sponsored

LOOKING FOR 50 Year Anniversary Chrome Window Trim (2015 Mustang)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Does anyone know where I can find ACTUAL 50 Year Anniversary Chrome Window trim? Anyone selling theirs?? I've been looking for a long while. I ordered some of the 3M covers years ago, but they turned out to be a satin silver finish rather than chrome mirror. Please help!!!

2015 Mustang
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you can buy them from dealership. I read something that its 2k installed or so.

#chromecrew

IMG_9579.jpg

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
you can buy them from dealership. I read something that its 2k installed or so.

#chromecrew

IMG_9579.jpg
Yeah, ya see, I'd rather just find someone who's selling theirs, so I do not have to spend that crazy price. Or find a junk car that has it up for grabs.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, ya see, I'd rather just find someone who's selling theirs, so I do not have to spend that crazy price. Or find a junk car that has it up for grabs.
I was just putting the worst case scenario out there. Problem with wrecked cars, is the insurance companies sell them and people honestly sell engine trans etc through commercial outlets. I dont really ever see many parted out cars being specialty editions of any sort.

maybe reach out to parts farm, they have a bunch of shit

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I was just putting the worst case scenario out there. Problem with wrecked cars, is the insurance companies sell them and people honestly sell engine trans etc through commercial outlets. I dont really ever see many parted out cars being specialty editions of any sort.

maybe reach out to parts farm, they have a bunch of shit
You got a link to that "parts farm"?? I'm super interested! I'm just trying to finally find these things

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
https://thepartsfarm.com

I have bought a few parts from them, you need to be clear on what it is you want, they are ole school boys and when I asked for ACM etc, I needed a specific part model, he's like yeah we got 100 of em. I wanted HD radio, and I had to make him read serial numbers to verify which one I needed.

but chrome window trim moulding is easy to identify if they have any.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Search eBay - most hit up that site first for used (or new) parts.

Contact LKQ - they’re a distributor of recycled Ford parts.

Copart - another large recycler

Google “Mustang salvage parts” and you’ll find a boatload of avenues to chase.

Also to note:
The 50th Anniversary chrome was unique in 2015 when it was only available on the true 50Th LE vehicles. After 2015 it was no longer “unique” because Ford offered it with I believe it was the “Pony” package (or whatever they called it) in later years. So don’t limit yourself to telling Ford Parts Dept you want “2015 50th LE Chrome trimming.... or when searching online with recyclers.

There’s a few threads on here from folks who have bought different versions of the overseas trim - some fits perfectly and is the chrome finish, others have the satin SS finish.... check for those threads in the “Exterior” sub-forum on here.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if anything maybe you can put a memo to them to be on the watch for chrome moulding, I was browsing their parts and saw they have tail lights from a 50 anniversary edition, chrome etc. so that means they've had chrome mould cars

^ great advice, for example, im a ecoboost pony package, im not a gt or 50th edition. I have the chrome trim, I wasn't aware there was a satin finish trim either. also built has the chrome

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hey broski! I got you

I was looking at LKQ website at ecoboost engines, and I saw this, and said damn! 1k engine on engine, what a shitty way to go! saw he rear ended someone

LOOKED AT PHOTOS. CHROME WINDOW TRIM! Call them, have them yank the trim off the windows, ask them what they charge. THIS CAR

https://www.lkqonline.com/2018-FORD-MUSTANG-Engine-Assembly/-hX3jm4ncnnP/-i~240469135

Both sides are intact no damage, look at the photos. let us know how it goes, and im curious what they would charge

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
be aware, the window trim and the rear window quarter panel molding are one in the same. meaning, you cant separate it, the windows you get, you will be installing as part of the trim. (at least this is how I am understanding it) its molded together. from what I read

uh idk what you mean call them?

if I saw that ad, and it has the chrome I want, and it says the engines available, that means the car is there right now most likely, call them and ask questions about them yanking the trim/window.

its a lot cheaper than ford. but id call ford and have them price you out the same pieces just for comparison sake.

the vin number to the car (engine) body is on the page, thats how they will find the car.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
the car only has 1k miles, which means it didnt have much lifecycle in washings/abuse. so it would be almost new I reckon too. just use some nice chrome polish when you get it.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
the car only has 1k miles, which means it didnt have much lifecycle in washings/abuse. so it would be almost new I reckon too. just use some nice chrome polish when you get it.
Just called them 3 times and no answer. Then I called 2 different Fords and they both said they don't see the chrome trim anywhere. My luck

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean? It’s a part number

I know because I replaced a piece. I called Levittown ford, he found it and I ordered it

one piece was 280 at mydealer

Levittown charged me 180 tax free for the single piece I needed.
Sponsored