Sponsored

LOOKING FOR 50 Year Anniversary Chrome Window Trim (2015 Mustang)

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My car has the chrome window trim as part of the pony package.
IMG_1106.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My car has the chrome window trim as part of the pony package.
IMG_1106.jpg
@lacanteen
Thanks for confirming the chrome was part of the later 2018 offering of the “Pony Package”.

@James Vanderbeak
Even with that said, the rear 1/4 glass as seen in the above image, the Pony Package still has the chrome fixed to the outer window gasket and is probably still costly when having to buy both the L & R glass from Ford just to get the factory chrome look.

Not to mention if an S550 owner can’t do the rear 1/4 glass install at home, then you’re talking more $$$ to have a glass or body shop hired to do the R&R - which involves taking apart the rear interior just to get the glass popped off the body shell.

How bad do you want that chrome trim and at what expense?

To give you an idea of the R&R for the rear 1/4 glass, here is a thread posted by @Terminated which is his DIY on doing the 50th LE glass upgrade, but he opted to remove the chrome:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/le-quarter-windows-installed.104276/

Maybe since he deleted the chrome, you can ask him 1) does the chrome get damaged upon separation from the window and 2) if he still has the rear chrome to sell...

Best of luck and as @FreePenguin has mentioned to you earlier today, contact @LevittownFordParts to get pricing.... if you desire the genuine Ford S550 exterior chrome trim.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Yeah I was about to say several other packages used the chrome trim....

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
OP, if you're still looking and don't care if it's OEM, American Muscle sells the Speedform 50th anniversary style trim for less than $150. It may not be OEM, but it fits 9/10 for a fraction of what you were willing to pay and installs in about 30 minutes. And it's indeed shiny chrome. I was hoping for more of a satin/brushed, but oh well.
Sponsored