Sponsored

LOOKING FOR 50 Year Anniversary Chrome Window Trim (2015 Mustang)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
What do you mean? It’s a part number

I know because I replaced a piece. I called Levittown ford, he found it and I ordered it

one piece was 280 at mydealer

Levittown charged me 180 tax free for the single piece I needed.
I'm just telling you what the 2 Ford dealers I called said. I just found one Ford that said they could order it but it would be around 3K. That is literally crazy.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just telling you what the 2 Ford dealers I called said. I just found one Ford that said they could order it but it would be around 3K. That is literally crazy.

Ask for all the part numbers, all 6.

order from Levittown ford and free shipping, message me and I will give the code if you want. but its like a lot of $$ savings. I only order parts from him

3 for each side

could send Levittown ford a email, asking for the quote of all 6 part numbers, he can probably find them too. if you need a vin number, I will provide mine, he can look up the parts on my car im sure.

just message me. I dont want to post my vin publicly

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Ask for all the part numbers, all 6.

order from Levittown ford and free shipping, message me and I will give the code if you want. but its like a lot of $$ savings. I only order parts from him

3 for each side

could send Levittown ford a email, asking for the quote of all 6 part numbers, he can probably find them too. if you need a vin number, I will provide mine, he can look up the parts on my car im sure.

just message me. I dont want to post my vin publicly
Man, I'm just looking to spend no more than 1000. I don't think I can justify any more than that for some window trim. You think they'll do it for that or less??

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I dont sell parts. I dont know. but youre looking at $ because you have to replace the rear windows, they have to be taken out and replaced

funny. when I got my car, I HATD the window trim, but after realizing ive never seen another mustang with it, I dig it now. ive had people tell me "you need to remove the window trim" black It out etc on the forums and Facebook s550 group. but whatever general consensus is the black is "meaner" but I like prettier.

I got new wheels coming Friday, should set them off!

screen-shot-2020-10-17-at-9-58-49-pm-png.png

wheels-png.png

IMG_0376.JPG

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think though, the window trim POPS on dark colors, black, magnetic etc.

24-hours-of-europe-one-ford-mustang-gt-one-full-day-18-countries-inline1-photo-661262-s-original.jpg

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I dont sell parts. I dont know. but youre looking at $ because you have to replace the rear windows, they have to be taken out and replaced

funny. when I got my car, I HATD the window trim, but after realizing ive never seen another mustang with it, I dig it now. ive had people tell me "you need to remove the window trim" black It out etc on the forums and Facebook s550 group. but whatever general consensus is the black is "meaner" but I like prettier.

I got new wheels coming Friday, should set them off!

screen-shot-2020-10-17-at-9-58-49-pm-png.png

wheels-png.png

IMG_0376.JPG
Yeah man, I love the chrome window trim. Especially on darker colors. Granted I like the older mustangs that had chrome window trim (67-68), so I like the retro/classy look of it paired with chrome wheels. I had a 67 coupe a long while ago.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Id really hit hard @ the LKQ or whatever its called, they sell primarily engines etc, I bet it wouldn't take them time at all to rip them out. id say 400 shipped? bet they send someone out for an hour and pull em. lol

in hindsight, I think one rear window cost like 400 bucks! but a body shop can put it back in.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just hope the money I spent $ on the wheels arriving Friday really hit the spot for me. expensive, but im excited. I am basically a GT poser at the moment w the grille and wheels

goodluck, make sure you post up your final decision, if you want it, well. gotta get it. but id focus on the best route deal I could get, no reason to throw $ away. I had to replace one piece because I had something done and someone broke my clip on my door sill. 180 buck replacement, but whatever.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I just hope the money I spent $ on the wheels arriving Friday really hit the spot for me. expensive, but im excited. I am basically a GT poser at the moment w the grille and wheels
Dude, I drive a V6 manual and could give a rat's anus what other's think about it. I already have a Firebird, so I don't really need to flex with another V8. I finally got in touch with the LKQ place and they said that car got auctioned in December of last year. She's gonna call me back though with some help....so she says.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, I drive a V6 manual and could give a rat's anus what other's think about it. I already have a Firebird, so I don't really need to flex with another V8. I finally got in touch with the LKQ place and they said that car got auctioned in December of last year. She's gonna call me back though with some help....so she says.
I just meant my car looks like a GT, so im gonna try and stand out a bit by getting rid of the gt wheels. they was temporary. now I won't look like every gt passing me on the road locally

Damn that sucks! sorry for false hope, it said engine available, I assumed they yank the engine once someone bought it.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I just meant my car looks like a GT, so im gonna try and stand out a bit by getting rid of the gt wheels. they was temporary. now I won't look like every gt passing me on the road locally

Damn that sucks! sorry for false hope, it said engine available, I assumed they yank the engine once someone bought it.
You're all good man. I appreciate the help nonetheless! I've been looking for these things for a hot minute. I need to sell the ones that I ordered that don't have the mirror finish. I'm never going to use them.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I would serious contact Levittown ford parts google it. send an email to mike, he's the parts guy. here let me get the email he's somewhere in my inbox

[email protected]

ask him about the chrome window trim option on the cars/bullit/pony package. I will send you my vin number via pm if that helps him since mine has the chrome trim. inbound now

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
FreePenguin is correct in his statements:

The factory S550 rear trim that surrounds the rear 1/4 window is attached to the glass and the rubber gasket surround. The major expense IS the fact that a buyer would have to purchase both L and R rear 1/4 glass with the attached chrome trim.

The other issue is this too:
If you’re telling a Ford Parts Dept (any of them you reach out to) that you’re wanting the “50th LE chrome trim”, the 50th LE also had specific beveled rear 1/4 glass with that chrome trim. The true 50th LE rear 1/4 glass itself (w/trim) is in excess of $1,200.00+ PER SIDE. That alone is a $2,400.00 purchase without any other pieces. That rear glass back in 2015 was something like close to $2k per side. Whether it was then or now, you can’t buy it from a Ford Dealer unless you provide proof (registration) that you in fact own a true 50th LE. The only other way to procure that specific glass is by way of recyclers, salvage or someone who’s wrecked one and is parting it.

The chrome trim could be separated from the glass - BUT it tears up the gasket in doing it...

You won’t come out with anything under $1k... the last complete set of all S550 chrome trim plus the 50th LE rear 1/4 glass went for close to $1500 I think it was on eBay - and a member on here is the lucky owner and installer.... can’t find the thread, but he posted the pics of all the parts with part numbers a while back...

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra